The Princess

Tangled Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flowers always have a calming effect on people’s nerves. Well, most of the time, but judging by the sighs and groans from a certain woman standing by the cashier counter, Park Sooyoung guessed that statistics were not really accurate. 

 

“Unnie, is something the problem?” Sooyoung asked, as she stopped arranging the bouquet of white roses with carnations which was ordered to be delivered tomorrow for a woman who worked on a school (probably a teacher), if Sooyoung’s memories served her right.

 

“Oh? It’s nothing,” Seo Joohyun said and forced herself to smile as she helped in the inventories.  Sooyoung was obviously not buying her unnie’s excuse though. She left whatever she was doing and stand beside her unnie on the counter.

 

“Come on, unnie. You could tell me anything, remember?” Sooyoung said and Seo Joohyun looked like she was debating with herself whether to confine to her dear cousin, or not. “Is this about the wedding?” Sooyoung carefully asked and basing from the way Joohyun’s hand stopped writing and looked a little bit shaky, Sooyoung knew she hit the jackpot.

 

“Should we . . . Should I cancel the wedding?” Seo Joohyun asked, uncertainty in her voice and was also reflected in her brown eyes while Sooyoung’s eyes widen, surprised by what her unnie said.

 

“Bwo? Are you and Jinwoo-oppa arguing or something?” Sooyoung asked, her eyes narrowed. If Kim Jinwoo was the reason for this hesitation, then Park Sooyoung knew that she would need to have a long talk with that guy.

 

“No! Of course not,” Joohyun exclaimed and shook her head. “It’s not him, per se. . . It’s just that . . .” she trailed off and Sooyoung was hating how vague her unnie was getting.

 

“Explain this unnie ‘cause I’m having a different conclusion from what you’re saying,” Sooyoung playfully said, trying to uplift the sadness circulating around them. She smiled and bowed when a customer passed by them towards the other counter, carrying a bunch of lavenders.

 

“I think . . . maybe it’s too early for us to actually get married,” Joohyun said and Sooyoung’s brows furrowed.

 

“No offense but 27 is not early, unnie. I mean, it’s the perfect age to actually marry and have kids," Sooyoung said and shrugged her shoulders. 

 

"Yeah, but... What about Jinwoo's family? I mean... Urrgh. It's so hard to explain, Sooyoungie," Joohyun groaned and hide her face on both her hands. 

 

Meanwhile, Sooyoung tilted her head and seriously stared at Joohyun. Jinwoo-oppa's family? As far as Sooyoung knew, Jinwoo was an orphan, both he and Yerim were... Sooyoung's eyes widen. 

 

"What did Kim Yerim said? Did she . . . She didn't do anything or-" 

 

"No, it's not like that Soo," Joohyun cut her off. She smiled and shook her head. "It's just that I've been thinking about this and when Jinwoo and I finally get married, what would happen to Yerim? I mean... She's just turning 19 and I... I don't want to take Jinwoo away from her." Joohyun sighed and Sooyoung took a deep breath, feeling a headache throbbing in her temples. 

 

"Unnie, Yeri is- I mea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter