chapter 1

Diary Of Loving This One

The way he helds his ball pen.

The way he pushed his bang from his forehead.

His thick black glasses which is blur,he doesn't wash it since for a while.

I'm in love with this guy. Kai.

"I dyed my hair,is it pretty?," I told him as he's looking up staring on my face with a confused expression examining my hair. A little moment later he burst into silent laughter and put down his ball pen and I take it and played with it. The ink almost gone. He's writing so lot lately. I wonder what he writes about.

"Blue? Seriously Jisoo?," he shaked his head,surely he thought this idea of dying my hair blue have no sense. But,I just did it. Because his favourite colour is blue. All of his top is blue. All of his things. Kai's favourite colour is blue. I knew it since we were seven. I discovered it when he have a blue pencil case from the first day of his school until the last of him being a senior in high school. He got all different mechanical pencil in blue colour. His jacket and hoodie is blue and his sock he's secretly wear to school. The rule is white sock! But he betrayed the rule. Because he's in love with blue.

"Tell me,you wouldn't forget this hair of mine when you went to Tokyo!," I screamed while rotating the pen in my hand with my fingers. He looks at me while smiling a little bit like he usually did.

"You're too loud. Of course I won't. You looks like a blue bird that's wearing a red dress. Looks like a clown. A funny bird. Or a weird clown. Nope,it's insane Jisoo," he giggled and snatched back his pen and started writing something I don't get. I take a peek and there's written I hope I could fly to her whenever I could..Soon..

Why he wants to fly soon,when he already will be later. To whom he's going to fly to?.

"I heard Okonomiyaki is good,please have a taste of it and told me how it was".

"There's bunch in our country," he said.

"But not here. You aware I'm not allowed to be out from this town," I sighed. "Good for you to be be studying abroad..".

"You used to be scared to get out from this town".

"I believe I would gather my encourage to go somewhere beside here,one day".

He nodded. "I believe so. But that's what you said since in middle school," he stand up from the ground. "Come on..It's almost dinner time," I take out my hands to the air,hoping he's taking it but he ignored it. I'm staring on his face which is looking on the sky that was so clear with unmoving big cloud. I didn't know which one is more breathtaking. What I knew,he couldn't be seen anymore soon while the sky stay remain on top of my head.

We didn't talk about anything on the way to his home. There's no conversation between us. He's going there soon. To be more detail. It's a day after tomorrow. He already got his passport. All of the things I believe he needs already in his bed room. A big luggage and also his favourite small Aloe Vera was given to me soon. I told him I want to take care of it. His backyard was full with a Aloe Vera. The one he loves the most was a little one he put in his room on the desk beside his favourite note book. I don't know how it makes it different from the others. He always have so much Aloe Vera.

"What's for dinner? Did your mum told you?".

"She told me this morning we're going to eat pork stew," he put his hands into his pant's pocket and take out his phone.

"I got a new phone," he showed it to me. 

"I saw it on TV and also magazine!," I screamed. He got the latest Samsung phone's model which is so modern. A gift from the village chief for him as a first people to studying abroad. I'm using worn out Nokia's lame model which youngster might not using anymore in South Korea. But not here. Almost all of the people around here using that kind of one and Kai used to.

"It can take a picture,right?," me being excited clapping my hands like a seal that was on TV show that I could never afford to watch it live. 

"Of course. Let's take it together," we standing together so close. I love taking a picture. A reason we can be this close and not moving. I could hear his breath and his scent which smells like a fresh shower and also a salt as there's beach near his house. He always spends almost of his time near the beach. Writing about something I would always want to read and listening to radio by himself. 

"I will send it to you later,together with a letter of how I'm being in Tokyo," he said while scrolling his phone. I nodded and kind of upset,how phone could effect the affection of him towards me.

We arrived at his home. I could smell the pork stew from outside. There's a woman's voice talking loudly clearly,scolding someone. Who I can be sure Kai's mum is yelling to his older son.

"I'm home," Kai said as me and him went into the house. His mum welcomed him with a nice warm smile and loving hug and she's slightly glance at him. I noticed she's not really pleased to see me around his precious son. But I can not do it. He's precious to me too. The only difference is she knew him four years more than me. That's not a big one. Not for me.

"You're here? Jisoo?," she asked me with her smile but not with her eyes. She take out the chair for Kai and put the bowl in front of him.

"My son,eat well..You need to have an energy to go to Tokyo..The first people to studying abroad in this town! It's my son!," she seems so happy while his other son,Kai's brother obviously not really liking it. He kind of pissed of. He left the dinner table and straight out to the backyard. I'm awkward to be honest to be in this situation,but I'm practising. Soon,I will be a part of this family. I'm going to be the daughter in law. 

"Study well there,my son. Be an engineer and changed the fate of this family. Buy us a huge house in Pyeongcheong," she laughed.

"Am I going to live there as well?," I innocently asked as I take a spoonful of soup and take a sip. It's indeed bland. It's because she got high blood pressure. Sometimes Kai secretly put a salt into mine without letting his mum know. But not currently since we were not at hime before. He so sweet. 

"Why should you?," she laughed in disbelief "talking about you,aren't you going to go any university? You're graduated from high school so you should be a university student and not spending your time walking around this town. At least local one. I know the perspective of closed minded people of girls should stay at home because in the end she will be in kitchen and making chores. But,I don't want to have a daughter in law have a white head," as that,Kai turn his face to his mum and shaked his head and whispered "mum,enough. You hurt Jisoo".

I smiled. That sounds like she have a thought about me to be her daughter in law.

"I understood," I chew the rice hardly.

 

 

"Are you okay?," a girl with a short straight hair with a wind bang said. My sister,she's my sister. She's reading the magazine while listening to some music with her expensive headphone which she gets from being an excellent student. She's on her semester break. She's hardly approach me first. It must be obvious I'm disturbing her peace.

"Okay..Just a little bit empty," I said while sighed loudly.

"Don't sigh too loud".

For a god sake she's wearing a huge headphone,how could she heard it. It's a different story if I call her for some matter. She's totally become a deaf person.

"Is it about Kai?".

"Yeah..And also other things".

"Of you not qualified to go to the same uni as him?," she shaked her head and put down her headphone and the song could be heard really clearly. She's listening to some weird song that do not suited my taste.

"You're not even can go to Seoul University,how can studying abroad? Kai is different story,he's brilliant and a genius". I know about that. I just hope I could have a little bit miracle because my love is pure. 

"He's leaving tomorrow," I said. "Is he gonna be okay without me?".

"You should asked that question to yourself,Jisoo. You're the one who's always stick to him like a doll in his pocket," that words hurt me but I'm not bleeding. Which can't be seen.

"I'm going to sleep," I jumped into a mattress.

"Make sure you're not snoring this night".

"Reminded yourself to not clenched your teeth".

 

 

His mum,his brother and he in a blue sweater with a long gray jacket dragging his huge luggage and a backpack. He's standing over there holding his note book and nodding to her mum advice. His brother seems not really want to be here. As always. I'm standing kind of far from him. He's surrounding by the villager. There's a Hyundai owned by a village chief. He always used that car to send the elder to somewhere far from this town,for example hospital or pharmacy. Beside that,he loves to give a drive to the children around this town. This unrecognized abandoned town. Seems plain and deserted without Kai. The population itself is really tiny. There's hardly be seen a children or youngster. There's like only ten people in my age included Kai. The school is really small and there's only not more than five teachers.

Kai is making this villager proud as he's the first person to be engineer student. The incredible thing is studying abroad which is never happened. Me,being the typical youngster in this town that hardly can go to the university. My sister one of those magical people and respected by people. Maybe,typical people nowadays were a few. And to be true,I'm the only one that left out. Stay here. For ever.

"He seems happy," my mum said. She hugs me,comforting me. 

"He's the only person I recognized in this town,this world," I said. "I mean,without listening to his voice or surely checking his figure".

"I knew,that's make me upset to be honest," she giggled and softly my blue hair. Not to forget to mention,I almost freak out people with this new style especially village chief. But he said 'a good bold hairstyle,Jisoo'.

He can be somewhere,leaving me. I'm here,in this unrecognized town. As me can't recognized people's face. I was like belong to be here. The town is me,and I'm the town.