Quality Time

Nothing Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grace’s POV

I wake up early, feeling refreshed and light as my mind flashes back to last night. Rose is still fast asleep next to me, I grin at her peaceful expression, happy she is finally getting some well-deserved rest. I remember the last time the two of us spent time together with a smile as I get up trying my best not to wake her. I slip out of my room quietly and start making breakfast for the both of us.

After a while Rose comes out of the room rubbing her eyes cutely.

“Morning unnie.” She says with a yawn before sitting down at the counter.

“Morning Rosie.” I reply with a grin as I place the food in front of her, which she hungrily starts eating.

“Thanks unnie.” She says while shoving the food in .

“Jeez look at you anyone would think you haven’t eaten for months, with the way you are devouring that.” I say teasing her, as she glares playfully at me.

“Come on you know how much I love your cooking, besides I haven’t eaten something you’ve made for years.”

“Whatever you say kid, anyway what time do you have to be back at the dorm?”

“At about 12, we have a photoshoot this afternoon.” She replies.

“Well how about we go for a walk or something, I don’t have to be at the company for a while yet either.” I reply and she nods as she finishes off the last of her breakfast.

…………………………………….

Rose and I walk together along the Han River, catching up on everything we’ve missed.

“So have you spoken to Uncle at all since you left?” She asks as her face turns serious.

“No, that old man is as stubborn as a mule, he will always be set in his ways. I doubt he will reach out. I guess when I told him I just figured he would find some way to get used to it. I mean considering he had already lost the rest of his family, I just kinda hoped he wouldn’t want to lose me as well.” I reply sighing.

“Hmm well he is your father, maybe he will come around eventually.”

“I sure hope so Rosie, he may be a jerk, but he is still my father and I love him.” I say with a smile. “I’m just grateful your parents took me in after everything. I really love your family.”

“Well they are your family as well Gracie unnie, and my family has always been a lot more accepting. It just goes to show what growing up in different backgrounds does. I mean your father grew up here in Seoul, whereas our mothers and my dad spent most of their lives in Australia. People are a lot more accepting there.”

“True, but yet I still decided to move here.” I say with a chuckle and Rose smiles at me.

“Well of course you did unnie, I am here after all.” She says with a sassy hair flip and I grin as I grab her in a headlock. “In all seriousness unnie, your dreams have always been in Seoul, as has the girl you’ve been in love with for ten years.”

“I haven’t been in love with her for ten years Rose.”

“Don’t try and hide it unnie, I could tell exactly how you feel last night. You barely stopped staring at her, besides feelings like that never fade away, not completely.”

“I guess I can’t fool you huh?” I chuckle.

“Nope, you never could unnie. Anyway, you should go for it unnie, it’s obvious she still returns the feelings.”

“Aish, since when did my little Rosie get so mature.” I reply with a grin. “look at you giving me advice.” I ruffle her hair and she rolls her eyes at me like the teenager she is, grinning at the same time.

“Seriously though unnie you should move it along, you aren’t getting any younger.” She adds with a smirk.

“Yah Rose you little , what did I tell you about calling me old.” I say pouting at her.

“Whatever, stop pouting like a giant kid and act your age.” She grins at me before sprinting off laughing at me.

“Get back here Park Chaeyoung, I may be older but I can still run circles around you, you little .” I say chasing after her laughing.

Eventually the two of us collapse in fits of laughter on the ground by the river.

“It’s okay Gracie unnie, I’ll still love you even when you are old and wrinkly.” She says in between laughter and I hit her arm lightly, while she fakes pain and we continue laughing.

“I’ve seriously missed hanging out with you Rosie.” I reply honestly.

“Me too unnie, me too. It’s good to see you back to your old self as well, I really hated seeing you like you were the last time we saw each other. I’m sorry I couldn’t be around more.”

“I’m glad to be back too, and don’t worry about it kid, you had your dreams to follow, and I can’t begin to express how proud of you I am.” I say.

“Thanks Gracie unnie.” She replies with a grin. “I know I’m not as mature as you, but if you ever need to talk to anyone just give me a call.”

“Of course I will, you’ve been giving pretty good advice so far, besides since when have I ever been mature.” I add with a grin.

“Good point, you have always been my pabo unnie.” She chuckles, pulling me in for a hug.

……………………………….

The two of us hang around for a while longer, before my alarm goes off si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter