I Like You But I Am Going To Pretend That I Do Not Because You Are Too Darn Addicting

Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I write in the last answer to my final paper in a very sloppy handwriting and sink back in the hard wooden chair, craning my neck to the left and then to the right. I’m pretty sure I can hear my bones crack. I breathe a sigh in relief as my eyes scan the sheets of paper in front of me. I take one last look at it and before I can stand up, the bell rings and the teacher announces, “Stop writing now. The time is over.”

A smile tugs over my lips as I glance at the clock ticking slowly above the whiteboard. It reads twelve. I stand up with the paper sheets in my hand and walk over to where the teacher is standing. “Here you go, Teacher.” I smile a polite smile and notice that other students have also started standing up. The teacher shares the smile as she says, “I hope you did well, Eun Hi.” I nod my head in agreement. 

“I hope that too.” I spin around and grab my bag that’s on the ground. I sling it on my shoulder and I’m off. When I’m passing through the almost empty hallway, I hear someone call my name. My head shots up and I see Taehyung running towards me, his usual goofy smile on his face.

Although I feel like pressing my lips into a hard line, I can’t help but share the wide smile on his face. His face lit up as he approaches me. Before he can open his mouth and say something, another person appears out of nowhere and slings his arm around Taehyung. 

“Hello, Jimin and Taehyung,” I say as my eyes glance from one boy to the other. I almost find myself asking about the whereabouts of that person but I stop myself in time. I exhale loudly as Taehyung begins speaking.

“How did the final go? How well did you do? Do you think you’re going to score the perfect the score again?” He says in his deep voice that I still can’t get used to. Jimin is also watching me as I open my mouth, anticipating what I have to say.

“I guess … I did well.”  I answer them dryly. Taehyung’s smile falters for a split second but then it’s back again. Maybe I saw it wrong, I say to myself as I eye the males lazily. 

“Why are you being like this, Eun Hi?” Jimin bluntly asks and I glare at him. “Like what?” I almost snap. 

“Like a total bi—“ “Crazy, weird and other nicer words.” someone cuts off Jimin and the three of us find ourselves staring at the pretty boy whose name is SeokJin. He winks at me before turning to the boys.

“Leave Eun Hi alone guys. She must be stressed about the finals.” I smile for his kind words.

“I’ll leave now.” I say, turning around but Jimin stops me as he yells, “Aren’t you going to see Yoongi hyung anymore?” I blink, frozen and then slowly turn around.

“No, we broke up,” I tell him harshly, making sure my glaring eyes are set on him.

“Does that mean you’ll also stop hanging out with us?”  Taehyung asks next, his voice small and expression pained. I lock my jaw and whisper an 'I don't know' before spinning around and sprinting away.

My breath is unsteady as I make my way towards my home. I’m almost there but since I have the worst luck on this whole planet, I end up bumping into that one person that I would not see right now. He also has the nerve to grab me by my hand and force me to stare at his beautiful eyes that I really love.

My insides feel mushy and out of control the longer I stare at them. As if knowing exactly that he’s having that kind of effect on me, he smirks. I snap out of it when I hear him chuckle. 

“What do you think you’re doing, Min Yoongi?” I ask. He takes a step closer to me but I don’t flinch. I know he’s trying to intimidate me again. He has a thing for that. I hold my ground as my eyes narrow into slits that are shooting lasers out of them. He laughs again before reaching his hand out to touch me but thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter