Sungyeol and Samsung

JUST IN TIME!

“Hood off Mister Lee!” One of the teachers called out to Sungyeol as he walked to his 6th period physics class. Just one more class after this, and he could finally leave this wicked school. He was in his seat well before the warning bell, silently hoping for class to start. He put in his earbuds and snuck his hood back on and drowned into the music until he was abruptly disrupted by a pair of hands slamming on his table.

 

“CHING CHONG DING DONG LING LONG” He heard someone yell  over his music. He looked up to see Brennan, one of the many blonde rich white pricks at his school looking him square in the eyes, standing behind him his crew of other imbeciles.

 

“Herro Chopstick! Haw ar yu tudaaay???” Brennan asked loudly, failing miserably at mocking an Asian accent in English. The kids crew laughed profoundly,  the rest of the class just watching as the kid continued his daily act. Sungyeol was one of three Asians at the predominately white school, causing him to be in the spotlight of arrogant stereotypes and bullying on a daily basis. Brennan proceeded to yank Sungyeol's earbuds from his ears and follow the cord to the shiny phone resting on the Koreans lap. He took the phone in his hands.

 

“Hey, is this the new Samsung?” The asked, actually expecting an answer. Sungyeol just sat quietly and looked at the kid and his group of ducklings.

“OOhhhh, no speaky Eng-uh-lisha?” Brennan mocked once more, looking Sungyeol square in the eyes before dropping the phone on the hard tile floor.

“Uh Oh!!!! No more phone…” He said with false sadness, not even bothering to look down. He turned around and was finally about to sit when Sungyeol finally spoke.

“Actually, I DO still have a phone.” The kid turned around, surprised.

“You see…” Sungyeol said as he picked up his perfectly in-tact phone from the ground.

“This is a Samsung, a Korean made phone. And unlike your American Apple crap, it can actually withstand a thing or two.” He finished, returning the kids glare.

“Oh?Then  let's  see if it can withsta-”

“Hi! Can I sit there?” A foreign voice asked. Everyone turned their head to see a new girl pointing at the open seat next to Sungyeol. The girl was beautiful, long blonde hair to her waist, a smooth, feminine face, and she stood taller than most people in the classroom.

“Heeyy Sweetie, how are you?” Brennan asked, captivated.

“I’m fine, can I sit?” She asked.

“You don’t want to sit next to him… it will wreak of soy sauce.. There’s an open seat over there, right behind me.” He said, pointing proudly to the opposite corner of the room Sungyeol was sitting in.

“Well perfect, I love soy sauce.” She smirked as she marched across the room and made herself comfortable right next to Sungyeol. Since it was a science class, it was two people seated to a big table each.

“You’re a bit of a rebellious one, eh? I love feisty women.” Brennan said as he a piece of the girls  hair. She smacked his hand away and was about to stand back up when the warning bell rang. One more minute until class started. Brennan and his crew went back to their seats.

“Hi!” The girl cheerfully said.

“Sup.” Sungyeol responded.

“Do they treat ALL Asians here that way?” She asked him, absolutely upset.

“Well, the other two Asians here are girls, so all the white guys want to date them. It’s only me.” He responded. He was surprisingly talkative for a victim of bullying.

“Ahh.. So what's your name?”

“Sungyeol.” He said.

“Sung-gul?” She tried.

“Nono, Sung. Yeol.” He corrected.

“Sungyou?” She tried once more, causing Sungyeol to giggle.

“Okay repeat after me… Sung… Yeol…”

“Sungyall?” She said.

“Close enough I guess.”

“Sungyeol?” She finally said.

“There you go!!” He said.

“Sorry, but do you have an English name?” She politely asked. He rolled his eyes.

“No, I don’t need a stupid white people name just so stupid white people can say my name.” He coldly said.

“Sorry, just wondering..” She said, putting her hands up as if to surrender.

“It’s fine, I just don’t like how all Asian people need to have an English name, but how Americans never have a Korean name when they go to Korea.” He informed. He caught himself getting a bit lost in her big green eyes but snapped out of it.

“I understand. If I ever go there I’ll make sure to have a Korean name and be fluent in Korean!!” She assured him.

“And how do you plan on learning Korean?” He speculated.

“You can teach me.” She thought it was a simple answer. The bell rang and class started finally.

 

When Hannah was finally done with her first day at the new school, she was mentally slapping herself for already having a crush. That Sungyeol kid was smart, well tempered, and super cute. He was one of the only guys taller than her too. She convinced herself that she was going to learn Korean and get him to fall for her.

 

Sungyeol put his hood back on and walked home after 7th period, his mind rolling with thoughts. He really wanted to punch Brennan in the face when he touched her disrespectfully like that.He had never even thought about the possibility of having a girl in his life like that… but when he thought of Hannah, his heart beat a little harder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whhaaale theres chapter one! There will be 5 chapters, I'm trying to get a couple short, sweet stories on my profile. Thanks for reading! And Much love our precious Sungyeol <3

I want my stories to address real issues in society, so I'm trying to address racism and prejudice, not glorify it. If you feel offended, its your problem too.

Have any of you ever been bullied for your race? Whether your Latina, black, mixed, Asian, or white? Tell me down below. =]