One - Two

The [Other] Diary

Thursday, 6 April 2017

Finally got to come home. Mom insists that I stay home for a few days before going to see a therapist. Dad says I don't need therapy but mom's not budging on her opinion. Found Jackson and put him on - I never want to be without him again.

Yugyeom agreed to get all my homework and record dance lessons for me. I feel bad for making him go out of his way for me, some friend I am...he insists it's no trouble, but that doesn't make me feel any better. 

 

Chirping birds and revving cars were a nostalgic sound for Mark. He lay sprawled out on his bed, twisting his silver ring around his middle finger as he stared up at his white ceiling. Although he'd been home from the hospital for months, his mother thought it best to keep him home, his illness creeping like a pox at even the slightest of inconveniences. Mark sighed heavily as he closed his eyes, drifting off to a light sleep.

How dare you steal what's mine... A familiarly demonic voice called.

Mark stood in a  run down nursery, the walls peeling and the smell of mold permeating through the air. He started looking around, noticing a figure turning the corner on the opposite end of the hall. He began to follow, a  familiar tightness forming in his stomach as the smacking of his bare feet on broken tile echoed through the corridor. "Jackson?" he called, running tirelessly to try and catch up to the figure. "Jackson is that you?"

He will not save you here... The demonic voice called, the walls suddenly disintegrating to reveal Mark's home. His father sat eyeless and motionless on the couch next to his mother, who looked like a wooden husk of her former self. You are in my domain, nothing will save you here...

Regna terrae, cantate Deo, psallite Domino qui fertis ascendit super caelum caeli ad Orientem Ecce dabit voci suae vocem virtutis, tribuite virtutem deo. Jackson's voice chanted as he appeared behind Mark, wrapping his arms around him as a blinding light shone around the two. Jackson tugged Mark back as both fell onto Mark's bed.

"What?" Mark panted, a smaller version of Jackson appearing on Mark's bed as his ring glowed brightly. "What just happened?"

"If you're going to sleep, make sure you don't have that ring on," Jackson instructed, "it seems that my friends below aren't too happy with my prolonged stay here..."

Mark looked at his ring and back to Jackson, rolling over on his stomach as he huffed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Is there a limit to how long you can stay?" he asked quietly, twisting the ring around his finger. 

Jackson's smaller disappeared, his larger form reappearing on the edge of the bed. "I'm here until I've either taken your soul or fulfilled your desires," he explained, "but truth be told, I don't really want to do either..." he sighed, laying back on the bed with his arms over his head..

Mark looked to his ring, the glow fading. He sat up slowly, looking at the demon inquisitively with a small sigh. "What do you want, Jackson?"

Jackson sat up quickly, scratching the back of his head with a hum. "Uh...I don't really know. I've been dead for so long and done this for what feels like eternity, I'm not sure I even know who I am anymore..." he confessed, crossing his arms and disappearing as Mark's mother came into the room.

"Mark, who are you talking to?" She asked, looking around her son's room. "I thought I heard voices..."

Mark scooted to the edge of his bed and smirked. "I was watching a video on my phone." he lied, pointing to the phone on his bedside table. "Is it time for medicine again?"

"Unfortunately." Lisa smirked, handing him a small medicine cup with a questionably coloured liquid and a bottle of Fiji water. "Your father and I are going to your school to talk to your teachers in about ten minutes, then we've got to go to work. Would you like anything before we go?"

Mark topped the medicine, chasing with half of the water before gagging. "Yeah, actually." He nodded, taking a piece of paper from under his phone, handing it to his mother. "I had a thought that maybe cooking would help to keep me calm, so I decided to look up simple recipes."

Lisa smiled as she looked over the recipe, nodding. "I'll be back in a sec." she smiled, tucking the paper into the pocket of her scrubs and running downstairs.

"Cooking?" Jackson asked, appearing on the frame of the closet door, his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. "What are you going to make?"

Mark smiled as he pulled his dissheveled blankets onto his bed, tucking them under his pillows. "You'll see..."

 

Hello everyone! To give you a run down on where I've been: Been teaching myself coding, animation, and screenwriting (Thank you God for MIT Opencourseware), been working on rebranding my blog (more on that later), and I've been kinda depressed and working on things that will NEVER see the light of day, but I'm better now and everything's fine ^.^

Truth be told, I've really missed AFF a lot, so I'm really excited to be back! More exciting things will be happening in the future, so I hope you guys stick around for that - ciao for now!

 

Saranghae,

-Marzie♥