Crush

Cooking

"Fine words butter no parsnips", that phrase was the one which could be used to explained why the canteen at break time was totally a mess. It was like some kind of para-hell, as paradise and hell, a witness to the survival history humanity in this school.

 

Circumstances alter cases. Many smart people began to change to a more convenient option, that was bento. Quicker and safer, they won’t have to risk their precious life in those "nth world war" in the canteen anymore.

 

...

 

- It's stupid to get up early and take so much time to cook for your lunch when in the canteen food is always ready for everyone!

 

Kim Taehyung threw a disgusted glance at those who he called love-cooking freaks, or else "The group of people who were too arrogant about their cooking skill".

 

- Don't they have any pity for the cooks ajumma??? If all the students bring bentos then who will eat in the canteen anymore??? Yeah the canteen was a little crowded, but isn’t it a good way for physical training anyway???

 

Taehyung kept rambling nonsense, totally not cared about his sleepy best friend sitting beside him who was lazily laying his head on the desk, ninety-nine percents clearly not wanting to listen anymore.

 

Nah, as if I don't know that you hated them just because you never could do what they could do.

 

...

 

Hoseok walked into the classroom with a loaf of bread in his hand, looking tattered but a little too smug after escaping from the world war at the canteen.

 

- You look pathetic. - Jimin didn't comfort but also even threw his best friend a scornful gaze.

 

- It's not that everyone can have fangirls making bentos for them everyday and it's not that everyone was too scrimp to share food with their friends either, like someone. - Hoseok shot back a mocking glare.

 

- Nonsense, why don't you ask girls to make bento for you huh?

 

- I already did if I have someone to ask! If there's someone voluntarily make bento for me, I definitely will fall in love with them right then!

 

Taehyung's ears didn't miss even one single of Hoseok's words, even from afar.

 

...

 

- Jungkookie, tomorrow I will start learning to make bento!

 

The clear announcement from the biggest enemy of every kitchen made Jungkook immediately choke on his banana milkshake.

 

- Don't think that I'll stop bashing those freaks, but just because Hoseok wants...

 

Well, of course it's must because of Jung Hoseok.

 

Yes, what is the stronger reason than because of your crush anyway? Taehyung has been having a crush on Hoseok for a week since his “stupid dramatic heroic act" (as Jungkook called it) that giving Taehyung the last loaf of meat bread in the canteen. Jungkook didn’t understand (maybe didn’t want to too) other than that how the idiot could catch his silly best friend’s eyes. Jung Hoseok is definitely not as handsome as him. He’s not as tall as him, not as strong as him, not as good as him and how the hell that meat bread could compare to all caring things he did for Taehyung???

 

Maybe it’s just because Taehyung was so silly actually.

 

- Don’t tell anyone about it, now I'll go to buy some ingredients. I’ll make Hoseok a really big surprise tomorrow! - Taehyung giggled like a teenage girl before excitedly ran home.

 

Jungkook unamusedly thought.

 

It maybe a really BIG surprise then.

 

...

 

The next day, Taehyung was absent from class. There was a rumor that his house was nearly burnt down.

 

- It's okay, don’t be too sad...

 

Jungkook comfortingly touched Taehyung’s back and said with a sympathy tone but his abnormal breathing from trying to hide laughters couldn’t fool the other’s eyes.

 

- Jeon ing Jungkook!!! Why the hell is this so funny huh???

 

Taehyung angrily yelled like a dolphin before pinching Jungkook’s poor little ears and making him scream like in a horror movie.

 

...

 

On an other sunny day, at the beginning of February.

 

- It’s just a few days left before Valentine Day. Do you have any special plans?

 

- Nope, no one caught my eyes so I’ll just stay still and wait for some luck to smile at me. - Hoseok sighed at the curious look of his best friend.

 

- If there’re some girls planning on giving you chocolate then hope that there won’t be anyone giving you dark ones. Your love life was so dark already, why do we have to make it darker huh?

 

Mr. Park-hot-boy teasingly faked a sympathy look before running away like a rocket.

 

- Yah Park Jimin, stop right there you little jerk!!!!!!!!!!

 

And that conversation, once again, “incidentally” reached Taehyung’s ears. Every single word.

...

 

- This Valentine Day certainly he will fall for my super delicious chocolate. - Taehyung excitedly assured.

 

- It’s fine to have an impossible dream like how kids always do.  - Jungkook nodded before getting a violent punch in the stomach from his best friend.

 

...

 

- Just put the mixture of milk and dark chocolate in a bowl, put the bowl in a pot, boil them, put them in the molds and then cool them. Why was it so difficult for godsake???

 

Taehyung frowned and sighed tiredly.

 

- A sincere advice from a friend, you really should buy chocolate at a chocolate shop if you don't want to poison Jung Hoseok to death.

 

Jungkook tried by all his remain strength from seven times tasting Taehyung's failed chocolate, kept his head up from the table and weakly whispered.

 

- Do you think it's easy? Then try to make it yourself once! Oh, I forgot that you don't even have anyone special to give chocolate on Valentine Day anyway.

 

Taehyung shot Jungkook a mocking stare before smugly walked to the kitchen and got back to his chocolate.

 

Someone suddenly bewildered after hearing what his best friend just said.

 

Someone special to give chocolates? On Valentine Day???

 

End shot 1.