Vampires

The Monsters Under Your Bed

Two days had passed in the blink of an eye. Saerin had worked hard to find the right protection spell and gather everything she would need for it. Put very simply it would be a very light spell that should be able to conceal hers and Eunjung's aura. As long as they were far enough away and had enough people around them they shouldn't be noticed. Pretty much as long as they weren't in the front row they would be set. Saerin had settled that she would perform the spell after they were dressed and ready before they headed out. That luckily didn't take Saerin very long since she simply decided on a pair of shorts and an off the shoulders tee but Eunjung was a different story.

Eunjung had gone through her closet and Saerin's three times looking for something to wear before finally settling on a pair of dark high waisted skinny jeans and a red crop top tank. She had taken another hour to do her makeup and one more hour on her hair. Saerin was confused as to how she could take an hour to do her hair considering she had it cut into a bob but Saerin simply rolled her eyes and told her she'd be in the Temple getting the spell ready. When Eunjung was finally done she made her way to the Temple to find Saerin standing at the alter setting aside the herbs she had poured into a silver chalice.

“So what all do I have to do for this spell?” Eunjung said coming to stand near Saerin.

“Nothing. Just stand there and don't move until the smoke is gone. Should only take a few seconds if I did this correctly,” Saerin lit a long match and dropped it into the chalice that immediately sparked into a flame before settling down into a slow ember emitting copious amounts of smoke. “Et fumus, et vires dissimulare nos. Nemo quod suum non vident esse videatis. Simus umbras inter vivos et motus impedimentum.”

As Saerin spoke the smoke enveloped both of the girls and closed in on them as if it were forming a second skin. When it was tightly wrapped around them it began to emit a faint blue light and when Saerin finished the incantation it flashed brightly before disappearing around them. Both girls could feel the sensation of it seeping into their skin but it was no longer visible nor detectable had you no idea that it had been there in the first place. With that done though, Saerin finally felt a bit more at ease about this concert.

“Okay. Now we can go,” Saerin said pulling on Eunjung's arm. They walked towards the door, bowing on their way out, and out to a taxi they had called to take them to the venue. “So this is like what their fifth anniversary?”

“Yeah. Apparently this concert was a big to do with the BBC's. I feel bad that Nayoung couldn't go,” Eunjung said looking out the window to watch the city rolling by.

“Nayoung is the girl you got the tickets from?” Saerin watched as Eunjung nodded. “She must have really been a fan if you feel bad for her.”

“What's that supposed to mean! I'm a very compassionate person! I mean can you imagine what state I'd be in if I didn't get to go to a HotShot anniversary concert that I had already bought tickets for?” Saerin laughed and Eunjung slapped her arm. “It's not funny! I would be distraught and I imagine Nayoung is in a very similar state!”

“We're here ladies,” The cab driver said as he pulled up to a large building with a large group of fans already lined up outside. Saerin paid the driver and exited the cab with Eunjung in tow. When they got to the end of the line they realized it was already moving meaning the doors had opened so hopefully it wouldn't be too long before they were inside. As they made their way to the doors Saerin looked over to Eunjung.

“Where did you say our seats were again?” Eunjung cringed a bit before looking to the floor.

“Uh... I didn't...” Saerin gave Eunjung a pointed look which always made her spill her guts. It always worked. “Um... We're front and center...”

“Eunjung. What do you mean front and center?” Saerin widened her eyes at her companion who seemed to shrink before her.

“Um... We're in the front row and apparently center stage,” Eunjung winced when Saerin growled.

“Mwoh? Why didn't you tell me this earlier? The spell only works if we're a good distance away from them!” Saerin was whispering but her tone could have cut through steel.

“Well I didn't think it'd matter. I mean even if they are some dangerous Supernaturals then they can't really do anything to us while they're on stage, right? I mean the news would be all over them. So if they sense us we can just leave. I'd say it's pretty simple,” Saering face palmed and ground her teeth attempting not to yell at her naive companion.

“If they sense us in the front row they'll be able to see our faces. If they have any training that will be enough to find us again. It's not actually simple at all. They could track us down later which means we might lead them straight to the Temple,” Saerin gave one last sigh before taking in Eunjung's sad and apologetic expression. “Maybe the spell will be strong enough and they won't sense us. Maybe they're not even Supernaturals. We'll give it a shot but if something feels off we leave when I say. Got it?”

“Ne, Unnie. Mianhe,” Saerin sighed and shook her head before patting Eunjung's. If Saerin's glare could make Eunjung tell her anything, Eunjung's pout could get her almost anything she wanted.

“Don't worry about it. Give me my ticket and go get Nayoung's stuff. I'll see you inside,” Saerin said as Eunjung smiled and bounded away towards the merch tables.

When Saerin made her way into the hall where the stage was set up she found that Eunjung had been completely correct, they were front and center. They were also surrounded by screaming and chanting fans. Maybe they really would be able to fly under the radar.

After what had felt like forever, Eunjung finally joined Saerin with her arms filled with all sorts of merch including shirts for the both of them as well as light sticks. Saerin rolled her eyes but gladly accepted the light stick, she figured it'd help her blend in that much more, just as the lights went down and the concert was beginning.

Block B came onto the stage through the floor and started their concert with a bang, literally. There were pyrotechnics everywhere and Saerin had to admit it was mesmerizing. She watched the guys on stage rap and sing and dance their hearts out. It was amazing to see people put all their passion into their work. It felt like only a second had passed before they had moved on to the next song and the next, until there were only a few left. All the lights on the stage had gone down leaving only spotlights for the guys as the familiar opening strains of 'Toy' started playing through the wall of speakers. Saerin had never really been the person to be able to identify a favorite song but this one had to be in her top five at the moment.

The guys all started moving around the stage in a manner that seemed to ignore any choreography that they actually had for this song but Saerin wasn't sure that there ever really needed to be choreography for this song. They slowly made their way to the front of the stage and started to sing the chorus. That was when she felt it, the tingle in the back of her mind, only now it was much stronger and she could identify what it was. These boys were way more dangerous than she had ever thought. Their entire existence threaten Saerin's and every other witch on the planet. She couldn't control her facial features anymore, they were all wide in a mix of fear and awe. This was the most danger she had ever been in and now there was nothing she could do about it except hope that they wouldn't recognize her presence. They were predators and strong ones at that.

They were Vampires.

Saerin tried to get herself under control enough to be able to take Eunjung's hand and head towards the exit but before she could the boys on stage had moved again. And this time one of them had jumped off the stage and was walking towards the crowd. The girls were in deep now. There was nothing to do but hope that whichever one this was, P.O by the sound of the screaming fangirls around them, wouldn't make it to them. He was still walking though and only a few people away. Saerin ran through every option that they had quickly in her mind. They could run like mad women and draw attention to themselves, they could try to look intimidating and draw the wrath of the fangirls upon themselves, or they could stand still and hope beyond hope that maybe he wouldn't do anything to keep his cover intact. The last option was the only one that held any sort of weight in Saerin's mind and unfortunately she'd have to deal with the consequences later but at least later would mean being able to get back to the Temple where she could freely perform her magick.

He was two girls away now but his eyes had landed on Saerin and the smile he gave her was almost devilish. Any fangirl around them would have seen it as seductive but Saerin could feel the threat in it. He knew what she was. Everything about him, from his brown hair to his strut, was perfect. Not one flaw to be found. His brown almost black eyes landed on Saerin's purple eyes and flashed, almost imperceptively, a fire orange before returning to brown. She was in trouble now.

As he began rapping his part of the song he came to be face to face with Saerin. Girls all around her were reaching out and trying to touch him but he remained solely focussed on her. He leaned his elbows on the barrier between them and brought his face almost uncomfortably close to hers with a teasing smirk playing on his perfect lips. At the end of his rap, he rubbed the back of his hand gently down Saerin's jaw and winked at her before turning and going back to the stage. Once he was back on the stage he whispered in the ear of one of the other guys, a short one with glasses, and when he finished talking the pair looked at Saerin. She couldn't fully describe the feeling that came over her but she was pretty sure it was almost the equivalent of jumping into the Han River in the middle of winter with no clothes on. Icy.

Nothing else happened at the concert and for that Saerin was glad but she knew this was only going to be the start of their problems. There was no way that the tall one would let them go without at least toying with them first. It was just in a Vampire's nature to be that kind of . This was not going to end here and Saerin knew that.

Eunjung had remained quiet for the rest of the concert and the ride home. She felt horrible about what had happened and she didn't have any idea what to say to Saerin. This was all her fault and there was nothing she could do to change it. She couldn't even be of any real use is protecting Saerin should these guys try to find them. She couldn't help but brood a bit to herself the entire way home.

“It's not your fault Eunjung. I should have cast a more powerful spell just to be safe. Stop worrying, you'll get wrinkles,” Saerin said as the girls entered their apartment.

“But you would have if I had told you where we were sitting to begin with. I totally screwed up. Mianhe Unnie. Jinja mianhe,” Eunjung said bowing a full ninety degrees.

“Don't worry about it. Jinja. I'll lay down some protective spells around the apartment. There's already a ridiculous amount at the Temple so we won't have to worry about them showing up there. I'll do what I can. I promise they won't hurt you. I'll protect you with my life,” Saerin said going to the cabinet and small alter that they had placed in the living room.

“Well if that isn't the sweetest thing I've ever heard then I don't know what is,” Saerin whipped around to face the couch where the new voice had come from before moving as fast as she could to stand protectively in front of Eunjung.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Saerin stared into the eyes of the tall boy who was now sitting on her couch.

“We were waiting on you or was that not obvious?” The short boy walked out of the kitchen holding a glass of water with a small smile on his face.

“Guys I think you're scaring them. Didn't you say they had invited us over?” A boy with blonde hair came into the living room from the hallway.

“I guess that they didn't really. What is it with you and assuming things anyways Maknae?” Said one of the pair of boys suddenly standing in front of the front door.

“He just gets a little too excited when he meets another Supernatural sometimes Hyung,” Said the taller of the two guys now examining the alter.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY APARTMENT!?” Saerin yelled making all seven boys turn to look at her.

“You're a Supernatural. Not that we can figure out what kind but you are,” The boy sitting on the couch said as the others came to join in around him.

“If I had to guess I'd say she's either a Fairy or a Witch. That alter is set out very meticulously,” The one who had been looking over the alter said.

“What does that have to do with why the you are here?!” Saerin yelled once again. This yell though seemed to get the attention of all the boys that were now sitting around her apartment.

“You're looking for information about something. I read that in you. Don't know what though,” The tall boy said coming to stand a few feet from where Saerin was still trying to cover Eunjung. “Your mental block is really good by the way. I couldn't even get past the first line of defense.”

“Jinja? Omo... Usually he's not willing to admit something like that,” The short boy said again.

“Uh... Unnie? Maybe we should listen to what they have to say,” Eunjung said from behind Saerin. The elder whipped her head around to look at Eunjung for the first time since the boys had made their presence known.

“You may want to listen to the human. She has a point,” The blonde boy said from his place, splayed out across their chair. “We know some juicy details about an Unknown that's been reeking havoc in Seoul for the last four years.”

“Yeah. Seems like you have something against it too,” Said a boy with copper brown hair.

“What do you know about the Unknown?” Saerin said giving the boys a sharp glare.

“See guys? I told you she invited us,” The tall boy said before taking his spot on the couch back.

It was going to be a long night, Saerin was certain of that.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N All right here's chapter 2! I'm super excited about the way that Block B's interaction with Eunjung and Saerin turned out! Like I was super excited omg.... Let me know what you think of it in the comments! As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!