JIN + OC

One Shot Collection: BTS

Hello, everyone! The first one shot will feature Jin. Hope you like it! Feel free to comment on it :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The final basketball game of the season has just ended and cheers were thrown across the court as players and fans of the winning team danced with joy. Mina on the other hand quickly left the gymnasium in order to avoid the massive crowd later. Going to basketball games and leaving right after the game were common for Mina ever since she had began high school back in her home country, South Korea. Mina had never missed a basketball game at her school back in Seoul and here in California. She loved basketball with a passion not only because her first love played the sport but also because it was the one thing she and her late father would spend time playing together. But there was always a time during the game where she felt down because of the memories that the games brought back. 

 

On her way out, she ran into her friend, Sarah, with a group of people.

“I’m gonna leave now cause it’s getting late so see you tomorrow,” Mina told Sarah.

“Before you go, someone’s looking for you. He’s waiting for you at the main office,” Sarah informed with a grin on her face.

“Who is it?”

Sarah’s grin got even bigger, “Don’t worry he’s cute and Korean and he says that he knows you.”

“Oh okay. I’m gonna see who it is now. Bye.” Mina left her friend and made her way to the university’s main office.

 

Who can it be? Mina asked herself as she mentally listed male friends and family members who knew she was in California. No matter how hard she tried to think of who it was, she couldn’t think of anyone. As she got closer to the office, she saw a tall male figure standing on the steps in front of the building. It was a tall, lean figure at a distance but as she got closer, she realized who it was. Out of fear, Mina quickly stopped in her tracks and changed her direction. How could he be here? How did he know that I was here? I didn’t tell anyone. Questions attacked her head as she hurried to the entrance before he could see her.

 

“Hey, did you meet him yet?” Sarah suddenly interrupted Mina.

“Not yet, but I have to go right now.” Mina replied in a rushed voice.

“Why not? You have to see him. He told me that it was important and urgent.”

A wave of guilt rushed over Mina, but it didn’t stop her from running, “I have to go, I will talk to you later.”

 

With that being said, Mina continued her way to the entrance. She was lucky that the office was located a little further from the gates or else she would have been caught. Once she stepped foot outside the campus, a sigh of relief left her lips. She walked down the empty street that was lit up by a few light posts. The sun had already gone down with only a few streaks of light visible and the air was cold and silent. However, Mina wasn’t bothered by the darkness and cold as she already had her mind occupied. She kept on thinking of possibilities as to why he was here. It had been a year now since she had left Seoul and all her past behind her, but now his appearance reminded her of the past that she tried so hard to forget.

 

“Song Mina!” Jin yelled as he spotted a small human figure not so far away from him.

 

Mina’s walk to the bus stop was abruptly cut short when she heard her name being yelled from a distance. She paused and quickly looked around to locate the source but couldn’t see anyone because of the poorly lit street.

 

“Mina!” Jin called out when he saw her.

 

Mina heard her name again but this time it was louder and way clearer to the point where she distinguished who the voice belonged to. At this moment, Mina didn’t bothered to look around because she knew who was calling her and what she wanted most was to run away. There was no time for walking so she began to run as fast as she could. However, there was nowhere to run to so she decided to hide. Mina found a short hedge on a lawn, that was enough to conceal her, and hid behind it.

 

“Mina! Please come out, I need to talk to you.”

 

The voice got louder and closer as time went by. Mina held her breath as soon as she heard some footsteps approaching her. She was shaking with fear rather than from the cold at this time. Don’t let him find me. She repeated over and over in her mind.

 

“Please, Mina! Just come out.” The helpless young man begged as he looked around the area he saw Mina running towards. I need you. Jin paced up and down the street looking at places Mina could have escaped to but luck wasn’t on his side. The night was quiet and cold which made him even more helpless. He was in a foreign country trying to look for the love of his life, but she was avoiding him. Jin wasn’t going to give up now because he wasn’t the type to surrender quickly. He gathered all his energy and continued searching with the mindset that he wasn’t going to lose her again.

 

As Jin walked along the sidewalk, he suddenly heard a muffled sneeze coming from the bushes. He stopped dead in his tracks and walked over to the bushes with his heart pounding loudly. When he looked behind the short hedge, his eyes lit up and he smiled. Jin had finally found Mina. The look on her face was completely different from his- she was shocked while he was happy.

 

“Don’t run,” he caught her hand before she could have escaped.

“Let go,” Mina demanded and tried to push away his hand.

“No, I won’t let go,” Jin answered and tightened his grip, “I’ve been searching for you for so long ever since the day you left. Do you know how hard it was for me after you left without saying a word?”

“I don’t know and I don’t want to know so let go,” she replied, looking unaffected by what he had just said to her. However, she was actually saddened but she had to put up a façade.

“Okay, I will let go of you if you answer my question”

“What is it?” Mina asked.

Jin looked her in the eyes, “Why did you leave?”

 

Mina felt her heart break into pieces when she heard that question. She immediately diverted her eyes from his and tried to compose her inner, weak self before it could get the chance to break down. Mina knew exactly why she had to leave that year but it wasn’t only her that knew why she had to leave. It was either continue to be the reason why Jin destroys his relationship with his family or leave knowing that he would still have a family. Mina didn’t take long to make her decision as she was a considerate person and didn’t want Jin to lose his family because of her.

 

“I’m asking you why did you leave that year?” Jin repeated again.

Mina gather all her might, “I left because I wasn’t happy.”

Jin felt like he got punched in his guts. He fell silent and lost his grip on Mina.

“But I’m happy here now so leave me alone and go back to Seoul,” Mina spoke as she rubbed her aching wrist.

“You said you loved me and needed me,” Jin said softly.

“I know I said that, but that was back then. Now I’ve changed my mind.”

 

Jin didn’t understand why Mina was saying all those things that she promised and swore wouldn’t happen. He knew that she was a kind and caring girl who wouldn’t take advantage of anyone so why was she saying all those things to him? He was deep in his thoughts when suddenly, a possible reason why she was acting this way came to his mind.

“Look me in the eyes and answer me honestly,” Jin held Mina closely as he spoke, “Did my mother tell you to leave?”

 

Mina quickly looked down, her sign of uneasiness and dishonesty, and that was when Jin discovered the truth. He knew everything now. He knew why she had left and why she had been avoiding him all along and it was all because of his mother. Anger and hate towards his mother began to build up inside him, but it was quickly overcame by joy and relief when he remembered that Mina was forced to leave instead of wanting to leave.

“I’ve missed you,” Jin pulled Mina in for a tight, yet gentle hug.

Mina struggled to get out of his embrace but she gave up after a while and focused on the warmth that he gave off. She longed for him to hug and hold her like this since the day she left and now it finally happened.

“I’ve missed you too,” she whispered softly but it was loud enough for just him to hear.

“Don’t ever leave me, okay?” he said as he nuzzled his nose into her soft, brown hair.

“I won’t,” Mina smiled with happy tears building up in her eyes.