(3) You Are My Inspiration

Since The Moment We Met...

*Jonghyun and Kibum's 3rd year and last year of High School. Their songwriting class teacher told them to go to the beach to find inspiration to each write a final song for their last assignment either as duets or solos.  Jonghyun and Kibum picked each other to be duet partners.* 

 On this beautiful Friday night, Kibum and Jonghyun are sitting close together to keep warm on Jonghyun's soft peach towel spread underneath the two boys. 

Kibum is looking at the early signs of the sunset forming on the horizon and Jonghyun is staring into his brown leather song notebook his mother gave to him before their first year of High School.

The sand leaves a comforting warmth within their toes just enough to balance the cool and gentle breeze in the air as the two sit in silence until Kibum speaks. 

"It's so serene out here, just the two of us with no distractions."he says before pulling both legs back to him while resting his head on the other's shoulder and closing his eyes.

In reply Jonghyun chuckles to himself while lifting his left hand to  across Kibum's upper right leg in a soothing motion never drifting his focus away from the empty page in the notebook. 

"The only problem is that I seriously have no idea what to write. I mean where do we even find inspiration Bummie?" The puppy like boy whined to his best friend with teary eyes and a pout set on those precious plump lips of his. 

Kibum raised his head and rested his chin on the other's shoulder as he listened to Jonghyun's worries until he began running his right hand through Jjong's hair to help him relax. 

Kibum spoke up in a comforting voice, "Jjong you are not alone in this. You have me here with you." Kibum takes Jonghyun's left hand lacing both together. "Just breathe babe and everything will fall into place...hm?" 

Kibum brushes Jonghyun's soft brunette strands of hair away from his forehead only to lock eyes with those deep chocolate puppy eyes that Kibum loves so much for a few seconds before Jonghyun breaks the eye contact to watch the beginning of the sunset. 

Kibum keeps his focus fixated on the other's beautiful side profile.

He wishes they could have stared into each other's eyes a bit longer, he longs for the day where he gets to kiss him on the lips or to kiss the tears away, the amount of times he's dreamed that cuddles were more than just platonic is too many to even count. 

"Kibum look!" Jonghyun softly exclaims which shakes Kibum out of his own thoughts back into reality causing him to remove his hand from the other's hair. 

He does look straight ahead and the view is more beautiful than either expected. 

The sunset is a mix of pink, purple,orange, and yellow hues illuminating their faces and all thoughts of the assignment are pushed far away. 

"Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?" Jonghyun asks still mesmerized by the sight before him. Kibum looks away from the sunset back to his best friend lovingly answering with the reply of a simple "yes." 

As the sunset goes down, Jonghyun looks down with shock to realize the page is still blank. 

"Kibum...it's still blank."he sighs heavily shutting his eyes tight while resting his head on the other's shoulder,"We'll never  find our inspiration for this song." 

 

*FLASHBACK TO THEIR 1ST YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL IN KIBUM'S BEDROOM* 

 It's Saturday morning of their usual Friday post-sleepover as Kibum and Jonghyun are lying next to each other on top of his bed in their pajamas.

"Hey Bummie?" 

"Yeah Jjong?"

"We're best friends no matter what..right?"

Kibum turns to face his best friend who was still lying on his back but staring right into his eyes as he replies in a sleepy voice," Of course we're best friends Jjongie."

Jonghyun smiles slightly at how adorable Key looks in the morning before saying. 

"Well...remember when you came out to me as gay and I accepted you then we hugged and shed tears of happiness together?"

"Yeah that day was amazing." Kibum replied as he lifted Jonghyun's shirt a bit to rub his tummy in small gentle circles.

"I honestly don't know why i'm so nervous but...i'm gay." he bit his lip while never moving focus from those gorgeous almond feline like eyes. 

Kibum stopped rubbing his tummy and said, "Jonghyun.." 

"Yeah?"

"I know you are gay too."

" oh thank good- WAIT WHAT HOW?!"

"Jjong...last week we saw a cute boy walking down the street and I saw your eyes move up and down to his with an obvious smirk on your face."

Kibum caresses the same spot on the other's tummy and laughs quietly to himself when Jonghyun practically melts into the touch. 

"Oh..right." 

He stops to wrap both arms around Jonghyun's waist and says "Even though I already knew, I am proud of you Jjong and I love you."

His voice is muffled by the other's chest but Jonghyun squeezes tighter with a small smile and says " Thank you Bum and I love you too."

This Saturday morning is when Jonghyun and Kibum discovered they are in love with each other but they had no idea the other felt the same way.

*END OF FLASHBACK/ BACK TO PRESENT* 

 

"Jjongie?" 

"Yes?"

"What if I told you that I already found my inspiration a long time ago?"

Jonghyun opened his eyes and lifted his head turning his wide-eyed curious gaze towards Kibum,"Really? What is it?"

Kibum bit his lip in anxiousness and avoided the other's eye contact before saying, "It's you." 

The other sat there stunned by his response for a moment until a wave of relief and emotions hit him bringing the brightest smile imaginable to his face. 

Next thing both knew Jonghyun brought a finger under Kibum's chin and carefully placed a subtle kiss to his pretty pink bow shaped lips. 

 Kibum is left speechless until he asks,"Wait..Jjong..what happens now?"

Jonghyun looks at him lovingly never taking his focus off his feline almond eyes, "Kim Kibum, I love you so much. We smile together, laugh together, cuddle together, cry together, we basically do almost everything together. I just have one thing to ask you." 

"Kim Kibum..will you be my boyfriend?" 

Kibum rolls his eyes at the other's sentinmental words and smacks his arm playfully and receives an "OUCH! Kibummie!" before kissing him as he hovers over those beautiful plump lips answering with a "yes you lovely sentimental you." 

 

*In Jonghyun's Bedroom later that Friday night, Kibum is in wrapped in Jonghyun's embrace under the covers (cuddling)*

 

Jonghyun is running his right hand through his boyfriend's soft black hair while looking out the window at the beach remembering every word and touch from earlier. 

"Honey? are you okay?" Kibum's voice is slightly muffled from pressing his nose to smell the peach shampoo in Jonghyun's hair. 

He re-focuses back to his boyfriend, "Oh yeah yeah, i'm okay baby." 

Kibum places a soft kiss to his cheek keeping his face at eye-level with the other. He knows there's something else on Jonghyun's mind but he'll be patient, he doesn't mind. 

Jonghyun sighs, "All this time when I would write songs, in the back of my mind I knew they were about an amazing dream, something I never knew could come true on this night.  but do you want to know why I struggled as a songwriter all this time?"

"It's because all I could think about was you and now I finally have my inspiration for songwriting and life too." Jonghyun stopped touching Kibum's hair to witness the cuteness right beside him.

Kibum blushed hearing this and hid in Jonghyun's neck then he leaned forward to kiss him on the lips and began to rub Jonghyun's tummy.

"I love you my beautiful boyfriend." Kibum says wih a dimple filled smile as he speaks softly to him after the kiss. "I love you too sweetheart." Jonghyun replies. 

 

They don't fall asleep that night in fact they stared at each other then out the window overlooking the beach and cuddled all night, the beach is a now a sacred place where they both found inspiration and started a new adventure together. 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi!! I know this is long but I needed it to be because everything here is important to remember in the future chapters ahead! Sorry this series is emotional fluffy and comfort. I hope you don't mind <3