Final

Pinocchio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Only took me like 4 months heol~ Do you believe me if I said that I lost then drive to write and rewrote this because it didn't live up to expectations? Anyways I still ship minyeon with my life although it was like a roller coaster ride. Many things happend since I last wrote, T-ara had justice regarding you know.. Then there's SsoRam leaving (BUT I TRUST T-ARA, Boram, Soyeon and Qri are prolly all going to leave to rest while the younger ones work and earn more money to start T-ara entertainment. But Qri volunteers to look after the kids so she stayed. And Soyeon accompanied her wife for a honeymoon break. So let's wait patiently.). Their last album is coming up in May so let's support that too alright. 

This one-shot is probably the most that I've written for real, close to 7K so I hope y'all like it. Not edited bla bla.

 

____________________________

 

Author's POV

There was a break from filming and Hyomin had wondered to a nearby river and sat alone quietly while consuming her dinner. 

 It wasn't long before Woohyun sat down beside the girl. As much as Hyomin wanted to be alone she too wanted to catch up with a long time friend. Hyomin was grateful to have an opportunity to work with him again. 

Things stated off with some question about how each other we're doing and whether everything's well, basically those few questions to get the ball rolling. 

But then, things escalated quickly. All of a sudden, Woohyun was confessing his feelings for the older girl. 

Hyomin was shocked, she never expected things to go for a turn this way but somehow those words fitted into her heart perfectly. 

Those words were simply a bunch of stuff she wanted to hear and now Woohyun came by and said it out. 

Hyomin was hanging by a thread, the girl was in a dilemma. She was confused whether she actually likes this guy before her. 

Part of her says that this relationship might work out if she be a go at it, another part of her tells her that this would be a decision that she will come to regret. Yet ironically, if she decides not to move on from her current situation she would be hurt. 

Hurt by her member, her sister, her crush, Park Jiyeon. 

So right now, it's either to move on from a unrequited love that hurts so bad, or continue to be hurt. 

Hyomin had been suppressing her feelings towards Jiyeon as well as hiding how hurt she was for years. And the older girl did a great job at it. 

Even when Jiyeon publicly announced her relationship with a male actor, Hyomin manages to hide her disappointment. Since then Hyomin tried to distant herself away slowly, because they say if you fall too deep it's going to hurt way badly. 

But what is Hyomin going to do? The girl already fell so deep she couldn't even get out of it. 

Despite all that, Hyomin was able to balance herself in the tough situation. But recently, this task of hers was becoming more difficult. 

It's difficult when Jiyeon makes it difficult for her.

Jiyeon.. She sure knows how Hyomin felt although she acts like she doesn't. And Jiyeon enjoys teasing Hyomin about it. 

Like a puppet, Jiyeon's movement controls Hyomin's mood. 

"So would you like to be my girlfriend?" Woohyun asked. However Hyomin remained silent and seems to be deep in her thoughts.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No. Why would you say so?"

"You seemed like you have one, I noticed how your mood changes every-time you look at your phone."

"That's a huge leap, you shouldn't judge me so easily oppa."

"Ah I guessed so.... But you have a crush? There must be someone out there capable of making you smile so brightly for a second and then made you sulk and frown for days."

"Hmm.. But why would I fall for someone who would made me hurt more than bringing me joy?" Hyomin asked after thinking for a moment. 

The girl herself, recalled everything that happened just a few days back and wondered why things have deteriorated to such an extent. 


Flashback

The snow has cleared days ago temporarily but the weather was still freezing. Hyomin sat alone in the small cafe and practiced reading her scripts for her drama. 

She hated individual schedules. Others might think that it's good to work for your own dreams and believe that through schedules like these one is building their reputation. Somewhat right, but Hyomin still prefers working in a group with her members whom constantly supports each other. 

The older girl sipped from her cup of coffee and stared out from the window, it was a cafe located on the 3rd level along a small popular street so Hyomin got to see everyone walking and hanging out around outside. 

Seeing how couples were having the time of their lives, Hyomin can only huff in frustration. Hyomin tried to continue reading but failed badly from then on. 

Maybe it's because she's tired from reading. Maybe it's because she's wanted to have fun instead of working. Or maybe.. It's because of a certain girl. 

Hyomin whipped out her mobile phone and head to Instagram to take a look at a post from Eunjung the night before. The longer Hyomin stared at the picture, the  deeper the frown on Hyomin's face grew. 

"Ya, Park Hyomin. you're turning ugly. What are you looking at?" The barista whom became good friends with Hyomin after serving her coffee for years called out. 

"Ah, it's nothing haha..." Hyomin replied awkwardly. 

But staring back at the picture it's a different thing. Hyomin was sure that she was feeling some sort of jealousy and anger but quickly reminded herself that she shouldn't be feeling this way. 

The girl packed her stuff after knowing that it's impossible to get anymore work done today. 

Hyomin sat comfortably at her table enjoying the last few sips of her drink while check what the members were doing when she learned that Eunjung herself was going live on Facebook. 

Sure Hyomin did she occasions where she resented the older girl. But nevertheless Hyomin still loves her like all the other members. 

Resent might seemed strong, an appropriate word would be jealous. The girl had everything. 

And sure enough, while Hyomin planned to watch the entire live stream to support her dear unnie, Hyomin was reminded by what it meant when she thought Eunjung had everything. 

A familiar face popped out from behind the camera and settled down beside Eunjung chatting and laughing. 

The girl who was watching everything from her mobile, felt her grip on the electronic device tightening. 

Hyomin sulked again and she felt her chest becoming tight and stuffy. By now the girl thought she had face such situations long enough for her get used to it. But no, while the mind keeps telling her ownself that it's nothing her heart doesn't work the same way. 

It still hurts. It hurts because Hyomin knew her heart belongs to that younger girl sitting next to Eunjung right now. 

Hyomin was in love with that girl, Park Jiyeon. And Hyomin was sure Jiyeon knew it long ago but because Hyomin never really express her feelings bravely, this was a topic they never touched on. 

That is why it hurts even more. 

Especially when Jiyeon gives her hope that they can be something more and then throws this possible idea/ scenario out the window. It wasn't even before the fans, when Hyomin was alone with Jiyeon, the were times Jiyeon caress the older girls face seriously but laughed all of a sudden and joked about how Hyomin skin was in great condition.

When a girl does something like this on almost a weekly basis, and sometimes something more when drunk. What effect will it have on the party? Hyomin for one wonders if there's something more to a girl talented with flirting. 

 


Present

"Woohyun, I'm not dating anyone or have a crush on anyone at the moment. As for your question I'll think about it." Hyomin put on a fake bright smile and walked off. 

The girl however wasn't joking when she mentioned that she'll be considering the man proposed earlier. But the answer can only be found after Hyomin meets a certain girl to confirm somethings that has been puzzling her for year. 

Over at the MBK office, Jiyeon made her way out of the meeting room where Eunjung was doing her livestream. The girl was back at office to meet the president to  discuss about certain matters when she got distracted. 

"Jiyeon. How are things?"

"Ah, president!" Jiyeon turned around, surprised. 

"Reporters will definitely catch on to what happen between you and that guy."

"Yes.."

"I told you to think it through, you're getting older but still careless with your actions. Do you even like that man?"

"I thought I did.."

"Well you didn't. It was a mistake, and you not only hurt yourself in the process but others around you. Reflect on your mistakes."

"Yes I will. I'm sorry." Jiyeon apologised. 

The phrases "others around you" lingered in Jiyeon's was for a few moments and Jiyeon knew whom she had hurt from this decision that she had made. And the girl herself knew that she had been unjust towards this particular woman for quite sometime. 

But Jiyeon never knew how to make up to this woman who would do anything for her. 


____________________________

Days, weeks went by quickly and Hyomin never had the chance to meet up with the other girl. She did tried to but it seems like the girl was avoiding her, Jiyeon seemed to be busy but was free enough to meet others and Eunjung. 

Hyomin laid in her bed one night and sulked. Thousands of thoughts went through her head and the girl was awaked till 5 in the morning. 

The girl checked her phone and was shocked for a moment. Articles about Jiyeon breaking up with that man surfaced online overnight.

Hyomin didn't care what time it was, she threw her coat on and drove her dad's car all the way to Jiyeon. 

All she wanted to do now is to wrapped the younger girl around and provide her some support. Above all, Hyomin wanted to be Jiyeon's listening ear. 

The girl reached Jiyeon's in no time and walked towards her building when she heard familiar voices from the nearby park. 

Hyomin had her car park along the road and on her ways to Jiyeon's building, that was a park. Now necessarily a big park, but there were tall bushes separating the park and the road's pavement/walkway. 

Hyomin happened to walk down the walkway and heard this two voices loud and clear from the park. Hyomin stopped in her track and leaned nearer to the talk bushes trying to identify who was on the other side. 

"We've talked all night are you feeling better now?"

"A little bit?"

"Didn't we have this same conversation back when you two just broken up? I remembered that it was on Christmas Eve, you were supposed to meet him that day."

"Yes, it was the worst Christmas Eve, thankfully I had you to accompany me all the way till Christmas morning. I'm sorry, I had to get you to push aside everything and come over."

"Nah it's alright, the members believed what I said and allowed me to leave. They had fun that night and I'm sure the won't mind me leaving."

Hyomin knew when to not poke her nose into others conversation but everything right now seems familiar. It would be a lie if Hyomin said she didn't knew who was on the other side conversing, the voices were a big giveaway. But the girl told herself so badly that everything isn't true and all's just her hallucination. 

"Thank you Eunjung unnie." 

Hyomin felt her heart stop and her head spinning. The girl didn't know to laugh or to cry. Hyomin slowly supported herself and sat on the ground to take a breather. 

"It's getting late Jiyeonnie. Time to head home, you should go get some rest too."

"Alright. Let me walk you to the car."

Jiyeon and Eunjung stood up from the bench and made their way out of the park whereas on the other side, along the pavement, Hyomin sat on the ground, arms wrapped around her knees shivering, head hung low. 

The girl knew, from the start, more or less, Hyomin knew what was going on. She knew how she was chasing after something she could never reach, something that would only bring pain and misery. But she did it anyways. 

Why? Why so foolish? Hyomin knew she could easily find someone else without trying and there's Qri who would welcome her into an embrace anytime, anywhere. But Hyomin still decided to try making this thing better Jiyeon and herself happen. 

Why?

Because it was Jiyeon. That's why. 

It was because the other party was Park Jiyeon. The girl who laughed loudly at her jokes till the stomach starts to ache. The girl who would help adjust her fringe and her crumpled coat. The girl who would come running to her whenever she has something happy or sad to share. 

But that was all in the past. Jiyeon wasn't entirely the same as she was and Hyomin became afraid. Hyomin felt she was losing this girl. 

But above all, Jiyeon's still the girl who will always make Hyomin's heart skip a beat. 

That's why after all this pain and misery, Hyomin still won't budge and kept this pain shut. 

Jiyeon watched as Eunjung's car drove off before walking back home. The girl smiles brightly, happy that she had someone to talk to. 

On the way back, walking along the pavement, Jiyeon stopped in her tracks, afraid to continue. There was someone that sat on the ground just a few feet away from her. 

And there she was, slowly standing up, a laughed broke out and pierced the silent night. 

It was eerie and Jiyeon tried to identify this silhouette that stood back-faced before her but she couldn't. 

"Excuse me-"

"It's me." Hyomin's familiar voice reached Jiyeon.

"Hyomin unnie?" Jiyeon called out. 

"It's late, you should head home."

"What are you doing here?" Jiyeon spoke softly. 

Jiyeon felt fear out of nowhere and this feeling creeped her out. This emotion, feeling was unusual, it felt like how she used to felt when she got caught stealing bites of fresh made teok that her mom made when she was little. This fear of getting caught doing something that was wrong? A better way to put it would be doing something that would hurt the other party. 

That's it, fear of hurting someone that she cared. 

It hit Jiyeon what she was feeling right now, and although confused with why she's feeling this way. Jiyeon desperately tried to explain herself, hoping that Hyomin doesn't misunderstand and get hurt or angered. 

"Hyomin Unnie, Eunjung unnie and I-" Jiyeon took few steps closer quickly but stopped immediately when she saw Hyomin's face. 

There were street lamps along the small street. Not really bright, but despite being dim, the lights that casts in Hyomin's face helped Jiyeon notice the tears that were falling. 

Too late. What Jiyeon feared already happened. 

"Sunyoung.."

Hyomin knew Jiyeon saw her crying and wiped her face right away. 

"It's late. Talk a-another d-day." Hyomin spoke quickly but stuttered and her voice cracked. 

Not wanting to stay around any longer, the girl didn't even glance back at that kid behind and took off. 

Jiyeon realised what she had done and how Hyomin's going to leave, heartbroken, and gave chase immediately. Jiyeon wanted to explain. Explain to Hyomin that things weren't what she had imagine but Jiyeon realised that she couldn't.  

It is what it is. And there were no excuses. Jiyeon stopped and collapsed on the ground.

"What have I done." Jiyeon muttered and knelt on the walkway, watching helplessly as Hyomin picked up pace and ran off. 

Hyomin ran as far as her legs could take her and stopped at the main road. Cars were starting to fill the roads as some prepared to head out for work. 

Headlights from cars lit the main road and it was blinding. But Hyomin's vision was blurred by her own tears, that never stopped flowing. 

She was slapped really hard with the realit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter