First Love

FIRST LOVE

A world always moves up and down. It’s never flat and monotone. It also happens to human, they tries hard to prevent their life to not end badly, but sometimes it doesn’t work like they want to. Every scenes in their life have been programmed before they can even feel an air filling their lungs. It is written on the book of life by God like an author and the character can’t change their destiny but the author can. There’s two type things: fate and destiny. Fate is only our small story of life to gain a happiness, while destiny is much stronger. If the author has made our destiny, it’s hard to change it, so we can only pray to gain the same happiness as other.

Happiness. A feel that will make us smile. Make us laugh. Make us think that time is the most beautiful moment and they really don’t want to leave the Earth. Happiness can appear by many reasons. Every person has different definition of Happiness. There’s people gained happiness if they help another, there’s people gained hapiness if someone’s suffer in front of them, and there’s people gained happiness in some other way beside that two above.

But that things are not worked for me. I get excluded in every way to gain happiness. It’s not because I am lazy to look for one, I had tried all ways to find nothing. Although I have achieved a lot in this world, I never feel the feeling that everyone calls it as happiness. Laugh freely and smile gladly. That thing never happens in my life, even once.

“Try to find love,” Ten elbows my arm. I glance at him but he doesn’t give me any explanation for the last words he’s spoken to me, busy tidying his books and documents on the table.

“I don’t understand anything about ‘love’, how can I feel it Ten?” I reply softly, sitting on my work chair. Ten stops his hand to move, turning his head to look at me with a heavy sigh. He pulls his chair, and kick it to move closer to me before sitting on it.

“You need to find someone that you want to keep and protect forever,” now I am the one who give him a heavy sigh.

“I had told you hundred times Ten, the person that I want to keep and protect is my mom,”

Ten shakes his head, “It’s different Jaehyun, very different,” He gives me a smile and back focusing himself to tidy up his table. Actually, I am curious with that kind of different because I don’t understand, but I don’t dare to ask, keeping my mouth shut and typing on my keyboard again.

Today, my boss is pleased since I hit a jackpot to get an investor that invested much money to our company. Our profit increases near the top in the graphic. This so called good moment makes him treat all of his employee to eat and drink. At first, I didn’t want to join as usual because I don’t like drinking. But, Ten continues to force me to come with a condition, he will answer all my question about ‘love’ earlier. Ten joins my car, we drive to the place, only two of us, tailing other cars on the front.

“So, what’s the different Ten?” I immediately ask him as the red traffic lamp stops us to move further.

“Your love to Mrs. Jung is a son’s love to his mom, while the love that you need to find is a love outside blood related thingy Jaehyun. A love that you can find from other people outside your family,” Ten explains slowly, but I still can’t understand about it. I make a deep frown, giving him a glance.

“Is it like I love... you?” Ten counghs hardly, hitting his chest as he tries to laugh because he finds the situation is ridiculous while I press the speed pedal when the lamp has changed green.

“Of course not man, you and I, that’s only love for friend, so no, no, no,” he shakes his head and exhales the oxigen deeply.

“The small hint about that ‘love’ is, you will find the person is the most beautiful thing in the world and you can not stop looking at them and want to be always beside them. That’s a love that you need to find!” Ten finishes it proudly. I spins the steering wheels to the left.

“I had felt that... to you,” I admit it innocently. Ten’s eyes go wide and he coughs again, hitting my arm strongly. I groans in pain, eyes on the road. “It’s happened long time ago, in our first meeting, since you could make me comfortable Ten,”

I changes the direction to the right and we enter the parking lot. “How about your heartbeat? Was it increasing rapidly? or how about now? It beats faster?” asks Ten, whispering as if someone is spying us. I knits my brow, recalling the scenes. It takes long. We come out from the car, I lock my car with remote and we begin to walk at the back of the crowds, “No,” I finally reply, “I didn’t feel anything,”

“Ah... if that the case, add this to the first hint, you need to find someone that will make you feel breathless and your heartbeat will beat uncontrollably,” Ten says full with spirit. But, it makes me stare at him in horror.

“That love is scary, what if I die because of it?”

Ten gives me a look are-you-kidding-me? and speaks, “It’s not like that Jaehyun...  and if you feel the hints, you need to tell me immediately!”

All of the employes use a lift to enter the restaurant in the highest floor. The lift door opens when they reach the floor, one by one they steps outside, bickering about something, while I decide to be the last. But, before I can move my feet, someone steps in. The stranger gives me a glance then bow his head. The stranger makes me stops my movement and stare. The stranger makes my heartbeat suddeny rising and it makes me breathless and speechless. The stranger is very beautiful and his appearance can’t stop playing in my mind although I only see him for a split seconds. It tickles and weird. The bunny stranger.

“T-Ten...” I call him as running outside the lift clumsily. Ten turns his body and faces me who can’t stop the trembling that suddenly comes.

“I-I feel it Ten, I feel my heatbeat increasing... I feel the breathless... h-he... he’s so beautiful!” Ten’s eyes go wide and wider. He looks at me in shock, squeezing my shoulder as shaking my body.

“Love?!”

 

 

 

Jaehyun still can’t understand the meaning about love. He can’t understand why he finds the stranger beautiful, he can’t understand why he can’t stop looking at him, he can’t understand the breathless and why his heartbeat rising. He can’t understand because love can bring a happiness without people understand it. Like today, Jaehyun just feels his first love after twenty five years living in the world and he’s smilling. He doesn’t know he makes a smile but he’s smilling and Ten can’t do anything but happy with him.

 

 

 

 

 

“So... you have a though to kidnap him and make him yours?”

I almost chokes on my drink, hearing my work partner question. Ten eyes me in amused, shaking his head.

“This is your chance Jaehyun, find him, kidnap him, make him yours,”

 

End.