STIGMA

WINGS

Loud screams filled the room. Again.
She was crying  with her hands covering her puffy face. His father was beating her, kicked her and blamed her for his condition.
“You and your brother. You are a mistake.”
“FAILURES.”
“WORTHLESS.”
“I HATE YOU.”

She took care of her father because Taehyung was working and didn’t have the time. This day he was late. He didn’t come home on time. He was taking her in his room so that their father wouldn’t  beat her. Not this time.

“Please, please don’t hurt me.”
She cried and begged, crawling on her knees trying to get away from him. He was really drunk. He said she reminded him of his wife, the mother who he had beaten to death and then said she was suicidal and she hanged herself.
Back then they were little. They didn’t know their father’s alcoholism issues.
“Taehyung please come home, he will kill me. Please brother, I hope you come soon.”

Taehyung was running. He was running in the rain trying to reach his home. It was late, his father was probably home beating the out of his most precious person.
“.”
He threw he door open to see his sister curled up on the floor begging for her life.

Now cry
It’s only that I’m sorry towards you
Again, cry because I couldn’t protect you

 

Tears ran down his face while he helped his sister stand up. The heavy punches of his father rained on his back and pierced him like knives.
Tae took his sister in his room and helped her with her wounds. Her arms were covered in bruises and was bleeding. Of course he locked the door but the old man continued to scream and kick it. That was it.
Taehyung knew he had problems with anger but this time he snapped. He covered his shivering sister with his blanket and kissed her on the forehead.
“Forgive me.” Was the only thing he told her before kicking the door open and punching their father in the face.
He got up and the moment he raised his fist against Taehyung blood started raining somewhere out of his body. The old man looked down to see his son stabbing him with a broken glass bottle. The pain was unbearable.

 

Deeper, deeper, the wound just gets deeper
Like pieces of broken glass that I can’t reverse

“Quickly, come. I will find you a place to stay for a while.”
He took his sister by the hand. The girl wouldn’t move. She stared at their dying father- that worthless piece of that she hated so much. She quickly came back to her senses and next thing she knew was she was running down the stairs- away from him, away from this place, away from all the bad things.
They stood in front of a motel.
“Here, some money. You have to stay here for a while. I promise I will be back soon, I just have to disappear for a while.”
“Taehyung, don’t leave me…”
“I have to. I promise, I will be back soon.” He kissed her on the forehead and whispered I love you sis before running off to somewhere.

He stood under a street light desperately trying to reach Namjoon. He was calling him over and over again but the boy didn’t answer. Dried blood covered his pale hands, his veins beautifully contoured the skinny arms of a killer.
Killer who only wanted to save his sister.

Are you calling me a sinner?
What more do I have to say…

His demons finally took over him. He killed the one he hated most and he was now running from the police that took action way too quickly leaving him no time to hide. The car blocked his way, trapping him between a wall and the vehicle.  Despite that he tried to run, for the sake of his sister he tried to escape.
“Stop running or we will shoot.”
He didn’t listen.
“Stop or you will die.”
His senses were telling him to continue. After all right now death was his only escape. He chuckled to the funny thought that popped in his head just now. He finally realized how selfish he was for wishing to die- he was going to leave his sister all alone. She was going to find out about his death sooner or later and she would probably wish to die too but it wouldn’t be a selfish act.
She would be all alone anyway so why would anyone tell her she is selfish?
He was such a bad person… But still- he said he loved her.
Not only was he selfish- he was also a liar.
Gunshot broke the silence. Taehyung’s lifeless body fell on the cold wet ground.


He was dead.
And he now stood half on a cold floor in an endless black room. Pain pierced his shoulder blades when he moved slightly. Two big bleeding scratches covered his back. An angel whose beautiful white wings were taken away. This was his stigma- he was now a slave to the underworld, he had become one with the Devil.
And there was no turning back.