The beginning

Sins Of Love

“Looks like you have committed a terrible crime in your past life…this is why right now you are having such bad luck with love...” an elderly woman possibly in her late 60’s spoke as she look at a young woman’s palm.

“Crime? What kind of crime?”

“let’s see…”the elderly woman leans closer for a better look “hmm…look like  you were a beautiful woman in the past…all the men will fall in love with you…however you were too greedy…you couldn’t stick to one…you broke all their hearts thus you are being punish in this life to never find a lover…”

“eehhh? Are you serious? Is there anything…anything to undo what was already done? I’m already 30…I can’t be single forever”

The elderly woman pulls back with a smile on her face “You only pay for me to tell you the reason why you can’t find a man…if you want to know how to remove this terrible curse…you will have to pay me a bit more…” she spoke before rubbing her two fingers together.

The young woman quickly took out a few more dollars before placing it upon the table “now tell me…”

The elderly woman gladly accept the money before pulling out a beautiful red charm “If you put this under your pillow it will wear off the curse…by the next full moon…you will meet a man who will become your husband and give you many children…”

The young woman smile happily before taking the charm and thanking the elderly woman as she exited the small room filled with all kind of charms and ornaments. The smell of incense filled the air with a bit of smokes as sunlight peeked through the little window on the wall. She was counting the money she just received from her customer when the little silver bell upon her door ringed as the sound of the door open. She quickly hided the money in the little box under the table and prepare herself for another possible customer. However when this person appears in front of her, it was a young man possibly 18 of age wearing a uniform. It wasn’t a customer but rather the food she had order earlier finally arrived. She got up and walked toward the young man

“You didn’t forget the sauce for the chicken right” she asked as she took the bag and started to check the content to make sure nothing is missing

The young man only shook his head as a gesture that the sauce was not forgotten. Once everything she orders is there, she handed him the money but then paused. She took a closer look at the young man and notices his beautiful feature. This young man looked to be around 18 years of age and have such flawless skin, pure white almost like snow. His eyes were doll like with a pretty hint of brown. His lips were full and naturally pink almost as if he put on lipstick. His was tall with a slender body with pitch black hair that looked like silk. The bangs framed his face perfectly that for a moment there the elder woman though she was staring at a painting.

“I haven’t seen you before…are you new?” she asked

The young man only nodded his head before bowing to her. He turns around and exited the store. The elderly woman walked toward the door and watched as the young man got onto the motorbike and drove down the street.

“Grandma…was that the food?” a young lady voice ring through the air as she appear from the other room.

“Yes…and I made sure they didn’t forget the sauce this time…” she spoke before returning to her work station.

The young lady notice the sadden look on her grandmother’s face “what’s wrong? Were they out of your favorite dish?”

The elderly woman shook her head and sigh “such a sad tragedy….a curse worst then anything I have ever seen…”

“What are you talking about? Is it about the customer that just left…”

Once again the old lady shook her head “It was the young delivery boy…”

“Did you see his past life or something?”

Her grandmother didn’t say anything for a brief moment as a single tear fell from her eyes

“G-Grandmother!! What’s wrong?!”

“How could love that is supposed to bring joy and happiness be so cruel…”

The granddaughter sat next to her grandmother and handed her a paper towel “What did the young man do in his past life?”

“He was a high war general respected by all…but he fell in love with a man…”

This started the granddaughter for she was expecting a relationship between a woman and man. Never would she expect it to be between two men.

“That was his sin?”

The grandmother shook her head “he loved the man with all his heart…but at the end the love they have become anger and sorrow…his lover betrayed him and broke his heart. His lover married a woman because she now bares his child inside her. Out of rage and endless sadness he killed his male lover…”

“What? That’s horrible?...that baby is without a father then…”

The elderly woman nod her head

“And his curse…”

The grandmother paused a bit before speaking “the curse of silence…that child has been reborn without the ability to speak…he won’t be able to utter the word of love…that is his punishment for the sin he has committed…”

The granddaughter turn away from her grandmother before taking a bite of the chicken leg “but why is it sad…it sounds like a horror movie…if you ask me…the curse of silence doesn’t really amount to the life he had taken…”

“That child…took his own life at the end….”

The granddaughter stops biting the chicken as she too pauses. Neither she nor her grandmother say a word as they both just sat there in silent with the same sadden expression.

The young man arrived back at the place he worked. The minute he opens the door the lady from the counter lifted her head and smile at him.

“Welcome back Jaejoong…there is another order waiting for you to deliver…”

He only nodded his head before heading to the back and gathers the next order. Before long the daylight became shadows as darkness filled the sky. The young man name jaejoong flipped the sign at the door to ‘Close’ before he started to broom the place. The lady who owns the place came back from the storage room and finish refilling the cups before turning to Jaejoong.

“It’s already late…you can head on home after you are done…thank you for your hard work today” she smiled

He returns the gentle smile and nodded his head. Once he completed his last task, he went to the staff room and toward his locker that is located in the middle. Jaejoong removed the visor from his head and toss it into the locker. He then begins to the top 4 buttons before sliding the shirt off of his body. The smell of chicken emitted from the shirt as he made a disgusted expression before tossing it into the locker with the visor. He took his casual clothes and started to change.

“Ah I almost forgot…” the owner opened the door as jaejoong turn to face her with his shirt half on “Tomorrow we will be close so don’t come in…just enjoy the day off”

Jaejoong only nodded his head as the lady turn around but not before she spotted a strange marking on the side of his chest where his heart is located. Rather than asking him about it, she only exited the locker room and closed the door. Jaejoong turn around as the mirror hanging on his locker door reflected a large and strange birth mark. If one were to look at it, they will think he was stabbed because it looked like a knife wound to the chest. After changing, he closed the door to his locker and exited the store after bidding his goodbye to the owner. Once outside he could feel the cold breeze hit his face sending a shiver throughout his body. He pulled the scarf closer to his neck and took out his headphones. He places it over his ear as the sound of cars and leaves scattering on ground from the wind faded. Nothing but soft music filled his ear as he walked down the street.

He came to a stop by the street light waiting for the walk signal to appear while listening to music. It was already 10 at night and there weren’t that many people out as only a few people also stood with him. Jaejoong felt the phone in his pocket vibrate as he took it out and the light removed the shadows on his face. It was a text message from his mother asking rather he is on his way home or still at the store. Jaejoong return a text message and they continue to exchange texts when through the music jaejoong heard an argument behind him. It sounded like a man and a woman had come to a disagreement as she started to yell at him endlessly caring little about the number of audiences in her presence. The signal to walk finally came on but when jaejoong was about to take a step, he felt a harsh push from behind as the woman passed him in anger. She didn’t even stop to apologize for pushing him and knocking his phone out of his hand.

Jaejoong leans down to get his phone when another pair of hand also reached for the same phone. The other person beat Jaejoong to it as he picks it up. Jaejoong lifted his gaze from the pair of expensive leather shoe to the face of the man who was arguing with the woman behind him. This man was taller than jaejoong by a few inches with broad shoulder dressed in an expensive suit. His black hair has been nicely comb to the side and jaejoong couldn’t help but stare. This person was very handsome and eye catching.

“Please forgive her rudeness…” he spoke to jaejoong before handing the phone back to him.

Jaejoong only made gesture to tell him it’s okay before reaching out to grab his phone but the minute he touched his phone he felt a jolt. The other man also felt the same jolt as they both saw an image flashed before their eyes. To the young man, he saw an image of jaejoong dressed in armor with long silky black hair. As for jaejoong, he saw a man wearing a beautifully design hanbok of nobility with his hair combed into a nice bun.

*Flash back*

Joseon Dynasty….

Somewhere in the busy market street filled with all kind of people from different rank, a young man dressed in a light blue hanbok walked. His silky black hair has been nicely combed into a bun with a simple hair accessory to show he is of a higher status. Compare to other man, he was consider pretty tall and well-muscled with a broad shoulder. In his right hand is a simple white fan as he gentle fan himself to prevent the heat from making him sweat. As he walked the street, people will turn and stare while women of all status will glance at him hoping to be embraced him his long strong arms. There was nothing but smile upon his face as he walked through the market glancing at all kind of items for sell. The air is filled with different type of smell from herbal medicines to street foods. Music of all kind filled his ear making his body relax as he close his eyes and allow himself to be embraced by his surroundings.

“Young master…young master…” the older servant at his side spoke destroying his peace

“Be quiet and just relax…” the young master spoke

“But…your mother will be furious…today is an important day…” the nervous servant spoke

“Why are you so afraid of my mother…?”

“you will be afraid too if you are the one she lashes out at…every time you misbehave…I end up taking up all the scolding and frankly I’m getting too old to deal with it…”

The young master turns to his servant and smiled “you worry too much…rather than focusing on something that will come later…you should just enjoy yourself now…”

“It’s because you show little concern that I am extremely concern…”

Yunho closed his fan and stopped walking “how about I talk and apologize to her later…I’ll tell her that I dragged you out with me against your will…will that make you feel better?”

The servant only look at him doubtful “you had said that before but the minute we see the madam…you run for it…”

The young master only chuckled “don’t worry…I won’t this time…”

“I highly doubt it considering the fact that on all the days, you choose the most important day…Your mother and your father will not be please…”

The young master turns away from his servant and look at the crowds within the market street “tell me…how old are you?”

“I’ll be turning 40 soon…”

“how old where you when you got marry?”

“I was 23…but why ask these random questions?”

The young master only ignored him “did you marry someone you love?”

“Of course…”

The young master smiled once more “I wanted that same freedom as well…to marry the person I love…I don’t want to be forced into a loveless marriage…if I were to get marry...it will be when I am ready and when I find the right person…I don’t want that freedom to choose to be stripped away just because of my status…everyone wants to be loved and wanted to have a part in choosing their future…”

The servant didn’t say a word as he only looked at the young master with admiration. Now a day you don’t see many young masters think like him. Most young master of high class nobility will take what is given to them and allow their future to be pre-determined by their parent. But this young master want to choose his own future, choose his own bride and work hard for what he wanted to do. No matter what kind of personality he might have or the fact that he always end up dragging the servant into troublesome matters, the servant will never come to hate his young master.

“When these eyes given to me is laid upon a person and made my heart flutter with joy…that is the day I will make her mine…but until this heart could be moved in a way that I can’t control…I will continue to remain single…”

“I feel bad for your parent to have such a stubborn son…” grin the servant

“Now let’s go and enjoy ourselves before the guards come searching” spoke the young master as he walked ahead of the servant.

After spending hours walking around the market, buying whatever catches his eyes and watching multiple entertainments, they finally passed the busy market area. They soon arrived at a beautiful garden filled with stone bridge, pounds, flowers of all sorts and colors as well as cherry blossom trees. Unlike the market, this garden was less crowded and mostly filled with nobles as they brought their lover intertwining their hands with each other showing endless affection of love. The young master can’t help but envy each couple he walk pass but at the same time he pray for their happiness.

“Young master…it’s already getting late…we should head back” spoke the servant

The young master look into the sky and notice the sun as fallen slightly creating a bit of orange and red reflecting upon the clouds.

“Indeed…let’s return…” he spoke

They turn as he took a few steps when a gentle wind blew. The petals of the nearby cherry blossom trees came off as they are carried by the wind and falls to the ground. The young master looked up once more upon the falling petals that has surrounded him as he spotted a little white bird flying through the sky as the setting sun reflected upon its beautiful white feathers. The young master couldn’t understand why but his eyes couldn’t stray away from this bird. Instead his eyes follow it as it descended down and softly landed upon a slender finger chirping away happily. Another gentle wind blew pass as the young master’s eyes followed the slender finger to the silky light purple hanbok. From the look of the hanbok, the young master could tell this person is also of high nobility. His brown eyes finally stopped as he lay upon the other person’s face. He became speechless for words upon the beauty that stood before him. This person’s skin was flawless and pure white almost like snow. The eyes were big almost doll like. The hair wasn’t put into a bun but rather it hang loosely at both sides as the gentle breeze caused a few strains to dance slightly. Pitch black bangs falls slightly over the right side as it framed the perfectly sculpted face. The young master stood there frozen as if he was put into a trance, he felt his body went numb and then his heart started to beat in a rhythm unfamiliar to him. He watched as this person leans forward toward the little bird and then smiled gently and softly. The young master felt his heart went out of control as it begin to beat endlessly not listening to the inner commands of calming. The young master placed his hand over his heart and felt it beating against the palm of his hand.

“Are you alright?” the servant asked noticing the strange look upon his young master’s face

“Something is wrong?”

“What is?”

“My heart…” he paused “my heart is fluttering…it is beating uncontrollable…I…I have never felt like this before…is something wrong with my heart?” the young master asked nervously

The servant only looked at him strangely “is this one of your joke? You are basically describing what you just told me earlier about finding the right bride…”

The young master paused as he turn his gaze back to the person standing just a few feet away from him as he continues to place his hand over his beating heart.

“Who…is that person?” The young master asked fully enchanted by the fairy before him unsure if he is in reality or if he had just jumped into dream land.

The servant turn his gaze to look at the person who stood across from them fully engrossed with the little white bird to even notice their presences.

“That is the great general who fought days and night to protect this kingdom.  Just one look and everyone recognized him”

“So he is a war general huh?” The young master begin to think long and hard if this name had ever enter his ear and become imprinted in his head however no matter how hard he tried, he just can’t say he had heard this name before. Just then he snapped his head toward the servant startling him “you say general?! As in a man? As in a man who fought in a war? As in a man who bath in blood rain? As in a man with a *****”

The servant quickly covered the young master’s mouth in fear before whispering to him in a panic “Watch your mouth Young master…such word should never come out from the lips of a noble like you…if others were to heard you say that word…you will ruin your reputation…”

The young master removed his servant’s hand from his lip before turning his attention back to the person standing before him. No matter how he looks at this person, there was nothing that shows this person has been in countless battlefields. There was no scar or any kind of marking on that beautiful face. In fact, this person looked too slender to even be able to hold his ground against an army.

“Such a waste…” he spoke “…such beauty…such enchantment wasn’t gifted to a young lady but instead is gifted to a man…”

“I heard they call him the blood flower of war…” spoke the servant

The young master stood there gently fanning himself as he continues to observe the young man before him. From his look, he is probably the same age of 20 and yet he had already established a name for himself as a general. The more he looks at this man, the more intrigue he became before smiling. Rather than returning home, he walked across the stone bridge to the other side. Just as he got half way, the little white bride noticed his presence before it flew from the slender finger and headed toward the young master. It circled the sky above him before descending and landed on the shoulder of the young master taking him by surprise.

The beautiful general turn and made eye contact with the young master before he walked toward him with such grace that every step he took, the young master’s heart skip a beat. The general stopped just a foot away from the young master who couldn’t stop staring. From afar, the person was beautiful but up close, this person looked breath taking almost like he is being graced by the presence of a heavenly being.

*End of flash back*

Both Jaejoong and the other young man end up letting go of the phone. It falls to the ground a second time but this time the screen cracked. It took them both a few minutes to register what just happen not knowing that the other person also witnessed the same thing.

“W-Was that…electric shock? I think your phone is emitting electricity” the young man spoke “how about I pay for a new one since it is now broken?”

Jaejoong only shook his head as he leans down to grab his now broken phone and made a disappointed expression. He only turn around and walked across the street. Once he reached the other end he turns around to glance at the young man as their eyes meet. He felt his heart skip a beat as the birth mark started to sting a bit. Jaejoong broke the gaze before disappearing at the corner of the building. The other young man still remains where he stood in a daze unsure of what he just saw. It wasn’t until the sound of his phone ring did it snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Hello...”

“Yunho…your father is requesting for your presence…”

“I see…I’ll be there in a bit…”

With that being said he hangs up the phone having this strange feeling inside him. It was a feeling he couldn’t understand but if he have to describe it, it would be sadness as if he just lost someone important to him. He could feel his heart tightening as the air in his system begin to fade.

"are you alright?" a man asked

"I'm...alright..." he spoke before walking away

The woman he was with earlier has meet up with a friend of hers as she cries and complains about how horrible she was treated by her lover. She continues to drown herself in alcohol while talking loudly not caring who hears her.

“He is a devil I tell you…” she snapped

“Well…you knew what you were getting into when you dated him…every woman who dated him say that he doesn’t know how to love…the only thing important to him is his studies and his family business…”

“Even so…even so…I thought I can melt that heart of his and show him what love really feels like but no matter how much I try…nothing moves him…nothing impress him…we have been dating for over a year and yet he has not even say he love me…when I say I love him he only say ‘okay’…like are you serious?!”

Her friend took a drink from her bottle of beer “But...if you really think about it…he came from a strict family…his father and mother were pretty distant with him too…even his siblings are older than him with a large …he is only 18 and the middle brother is already 25…”

“But that doesn’t explain why he treats every girl with so little affection…today was suppose to be our romantic date too and yet he barely seem interested in it at all...at then end he only made me angry...”

His friend only sigh “Because he is a man of richest who has everything handed to him…he is a man who cannot love another human being…that kind of person will probably be alone forever…maybe it’s his curse…”

“eh? Don’t tell me you believe your grandmother about the sins we committed will become our curse in the next life…?”

“She may be old and a money greedy old goon but…the thing she says and sees is pretty real…everyone who came to see her….she help them remove their so call curse…and now they are living happily…”

The other girl only drinks some more out of anger and sadness while her friend pat her on the back to cheer her up.