Because They're My Friends

Unrequited First Love: The Beginning

ok so before i start today's chapter, i just came from not today's mv AND ITS GOOD *CRIES* EVERYONE LOOKS SO GOOD

i watched twice's knock knock too and so far i'm loving it!! today sure is a blessed day.


I wanted to ask Jungkook about what had happened that led them to break up but honestly, it wasn't my business to pry on. I didn't want to say this, but it doesn't look like he's ever gone through a break up. His face doesn't show that he's depressed or even sad. It was like nothing ever happened. You shouldn't judge so quick Hye In. What if he's wearing a mask and pretending to be okay, just like what you're doing now? I bit my lip. Maybe he is broken inside, but he's just not showing it. That must be it. I sighed. Liking someone is never an easy thing to do.

Before I knew it, finals were just around the corner. Was I ready? Definitely not. It's possible for me to score a few As but the only way for me to achieve them were studying. I've tried it before - studying my off for last year's finals and it worked, miraculously. I was surprised because I rarely could get an A. I usually got Bs and I'm okay with that. But with asian parents (or you could say mom), Bs are never 'okay'. I hated how my mom would pressurize me into getting As because I could get so stressed out with her constant naggings. It doesn't help especially when there are devils around you continuously whispering negativity into me.

When Jisoo and Chaeyoung saw my report card last year, they were very adamant to study with me during next years' (which is this years') finals. So here I am, cooped up in Chaeyoungs room, as we study, or more like me teaching them how to do maths.

"Wait, what? I don't get it. Repeat please!"

I took in a deep breath. "Jisoo."

"Yes?"

"I wouldn't be repeating this the fifth time if you actually paid attention to me, instead of zoning out."

Jisoo kept quiet in realisation. "Oh."

Chaeyoung giggled at us. Honestly, I love Jisoo and all, but I just can't tolerate her when I'm studying with her, or rather, teaching her. Yes, I had to explain about three times to Chaeyoung, but that was nothing compared to Jisoo! 

I sighed. "You know what, I'm just going to teach Chaeyoung. You can study on-"

"No, no, wait! I promise I'll focus!" 

I looked at her with suspicion. "I'll buy you ice cream? Please? For me?" Jisoo pouted.

"Alright, but one more time and you're out."

Jisoo nodded gleefully as I resumed attempting to teach her for the sixth time.

 

 

My last paper was Chemistry. There were a few tricky questions but it's nothing I can't solve. (inserts sunglass person emoji) I was waiting for Jisoo and Chaeyoung to end their papers when Jungkook suddenly came up to me.

"Hey, how was the paper?"

Oh my god. Why is he talking to me? He never talks to me unless when we're in class. Oh god. What should I say? Should I say it's easy? But then I'd come off as such a nerd! Hard then? But it'll show that I didn't study! Oh just shut up, Hye In! It's such a simple question, why can't you answer it? Just-

"Um, Hye In? You there?" Jungkook waved his hand around, trying to snap me away from my thoughts.

"O-Oh, yeah. Sorry about that," I said as I scratched my head. "It wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard either. You?"

"Glad we have the same opinion," he said, smiling. Oh god, his smile is beautiful. "So you think you can get an A?

I nodded confidently. I was pretty sure I could get an A; I didn't study my off for nothing.

"How about a bet? If you get an A, I'll treat you to something. If I get an A, you treat me to something."

I pondered for awhile. "What if we both have an A?"

"Then we'll treat each other to something." Jungkook grinned.

"But isn't that the same thing as-"

"Yes? No? I'm actually kind of in a hurry so," He said as he cut me off halfway.

"Alright. It's on."

Jungkook gave me a thumbs up and ran off out of school.

Well, that was weird. Why would he suddenly want to make a bet? Is it because-

"Hye In ah!" I heard Chaeyoung's voice calling for me. I spun around and saw two of my friends walking towards me.

"I saw you and Jungkook talking. What was it about, huh?" Jisoo asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

I bit my lip and hesitated. "Oh come on, tell us!"

"Well, okay. I'll tell you on the way home, alright?"

Jisoo cheered as she finally got to know some juice spilling out from my mouth. I think it's pretty clear that both of them know I usually don't tell them anything. And I love them for that - for not asking. I will tell them everything. Just not now.

"Okay, come on and spill!" Chaeyoung said as she linked her arms around Jisoo and I.

I remember walking home that day was the happiest I've ever been that year; and it was all because of my two friends. They deserve to know everything. And I'll tell them. I will tell them. Because they're my friends and friends tell each other their deepest darkest secret, even though they might use it to destroy you later.


I think that this chapter is just a filler because I wanted to show the progress of Hye In's trust/friendship with Jisoo and Chaeyoung. I felt that t was necassary to show this - to show how Hye In is changing.

Anyways, I've been putting Not Today and Knock Knock on repeat. It's so good TT (I purposely only listened to Not Today once before the mv was out so I can listen to it on repeat after the mv is out HAHAH) Anddddd, how does making a kpop dance account (on instagram) sound?? Should I?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Again, I'm really sorry for the lack of updates! I'll DEfIniTElY make sure to update constantly from now on :P AND THANK YOU FOR 20 SUBBIES TT

Stay gold my readers <3