Final

Celebrate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica receives thank you’s from her family, Tyler and her countless number of friends but not from the person she wants to hear from. When her phone finally lights up with a particular name, she cuts off Krystal’s story about Amber being an embarrassment for the millionth time with a kiss on the cheek and attends to her phone.

 

“Taengoo!” Jessica says cheerfully. A giggle answers her on the other side.

 

“Hi Sica, congrats on the album,” Taeyeon responds. Krystal whines beside her and pulls her arm for her to continue listening to her story but Jessica waves her off.

 

“Thank you Taengoo. Now that it’s released, you can tell me what you think about the album,” Jessica says.

 

Despite being the first person she had sent audio files of all the songs to, Taeyeon had informed her that she would voice her opinion after the album was released. When Jessica protested against the idea and demanded her immediate thoughts, Taeyeon had kissed her silly and held her in her arms. She had cooed loving words in her ear that when Krystal walked past, she jokingly complained that Taeyeon was loving her sister too much and did not pay attention to her. Jessica’s infamous glare had sent Krystal scurrying away into the safe comforts of her bedroom.

 

“Someone’s eager to know my thoughts,” Taeyeon laughs, the sound enveloping Jessica like a blanket on a cold night. It warms her up and makes her heart flutter.

 

“You promised me!”

 

“I know, I know. Gosh, you’re so impatient.”

 

“What was that Kim Taeyeon?”

 

“Ummm…you’re so lovable,” the voice on the other line mumbles.

 

“That’s right Kim Taengoo. I’m lovable. Now hurry up and tell me what you think.”

 

“Well, ‘Wonderland’ was –”

 

“Taeyeon Unnie! Jessica Unnie stopped paying attention to me to talk to you! I was telling her a story and –”

 

“Ignore the –”

 

“ – She cut me off and –”

 

“Stop it –”

 

“– Started talking to you! Jessica Unnie doesn’t love me –”

 

“Ignore her Taengoo,” Jessica’s voice returns to the phone. Taeyeon notes how she sounds exasperated and she shakes her head thinking that Krystal’s being too playful.

 

“What?” Taeyeon giggles, her tone indicating that she’s amused at the sisters’ antics.

 

“Krystal vies for attention; it’s nothing new.”

 

“Really?” Taeyeon’s voice rings through the speakers, sceptical of Krystal’s behaviour.

 

“Yes, really. Now about that review…”

 

“Can I talk to Soojungie first?”

 

“Oh? But you were going to review my album!”

 

“It’s just for a few minutes Sica; I’m sure you won’t die from anticipation in that period of time,” Taeyeon teases. Jessica can imagine the upturned corners of the woman’s lips and shakes her head in response. She hands the phone to Krystal, who stares at her before lifting the device to her ears.

 

“Yes Taeyeon-Unnie?”

 

“Soojung-ah, I’ll get you your favourite bread okay? Just don’t be mad at Sooyeon anymore.”

 

“Okay, I love you Taeyeon Unnie! You’re so much better than Jess,” Krystal chirps, instantly cowering when her sister glares at her.

 

“What was that Soojung?”

 

“I love you Unnie! Anyways, I’ll talk to you later Taeyeon-Unnie; I’m going to go because I’m meeting up with Amber in thirty minutes.”

 

“Oh? Tell Amber to woman up already and claim her princess,” Taeyeon answers.

 

“Unnie!” Krystal shrieks, guffawing at how impatient Taeyeon is for her to date her fellow group member. She blushes when the image of the two of them dating each other appears in her mind.

 

Jessica stares at her and concludes that her sister’s been talking to her Taengoo for too long so she pries the device from her fingers. When Krystal whines that she wasn’t able to say a proper goodbye to the older woman, her sister just childishly pokes her tongue at her before lifting the phone to her ear. Krystal just shakes her head and pecks her cheeks, calling over her shoulder that she’ll bring back some food for her sister.

 

“Now that the rascal is out of the way, you can review the album,” Jessica cheerfully vocalises into the phone’s microphone.

 

“Is Soojung at the door yet?” Taeyeon unexpectedly asks. Jessica feels something boil inside of her and she growls. She stands to her feet and begins to make her way down the stairs and towards the front door.

 

“I don’t know, why?”

 

“Because I –”

 

“Taeyeon Unnie! My favourite person in the – okay okay I’m sorry Jess!” Krystal cries, stepping behind Taeyeon to dodge the slaps her sister sends to her arms so that she can release the oldest woman from her embrace. She pokes her tongue out at her sister and dashes out the front door before Jessica can lay another hand on her, and just before her body exits the house Jessica notices a white plastic bag with a particular bakery’s logo in her hands.

 

Jessica’s shocked that Kim Taeyeon is standing in front of her in the hallway of her house. She scans the woman over and clucks her tongue at how sallow and skinny the woman appears. Taeyeon’s clothes look like they want to fall off her tiny frame and they’re too big for someone as small as her. Jessica’s eyes fall down onto Taeyeon’s feet before moving back up to her face, and that’s when she notices the bright smile on the woman’s face and the twinkle in her eyes.

 

“What are you doing here? I thought you had a schedule today.”

 

“It was cancelled and I haven’t seen you in a while,” Taeyeon replies, spreading out her arms and closing her eyes whilst maintaining her toothy grin. When she notices that there’s no movement, she opens one of her eyes and raises an eyebrow.

 

“Don’t you miss me?” Taeyeon cutely whines, and that’s when Jessica lets out the smile she’s been trying to hide and stumbles forward into the woman’s embrace. The beam on Jessica’s face widens when she hears the other woman sigh and lift a hand to gently caress her hair whilst the other hand pats her back. Jessica squeezes her back in return.

 

“God, you have no idea how much I miss you,” She mumbles into Taeyeon’s coat.

 

The woman giggles.

 

“I do Sica, and that’s because I miss you just as much,” Taeyeon answers, lightly pushing the woman away so that she can take a good look at Jessica’s face. Unfortunately, Taeyeon’s intense stare makes Jessica blush and she brings up both her hands to cover her crimson cheeks.

 

“Since when were you a sweet talker?”

 

“I’m only like this with you.”

 

“Oh please. Weren’t you flirting with Soojung before?” Jessica rolls her eyes and crosses her arms, displeasure written on her face.

 

“Are you jealous Sica? I wasn’t flirting with Soojung; I was teasing her about Amber and telling her not to be angry at you.”

 

“Sure you were,” Jessica retorts, turning around and walking up the stairs to her room. She smirks when she hears Taeyeon’s footsteps softly padding after her but still being a reasonable distance away from her.

 

“I was! I bought her bread to pacify her too! And she screamed because I about – mmph!”

 

Taeyeon’s rant is cut off when Jessica spins around and plants her lips onto the older woman’s.

 

“I know Taengoo. You’re just too cute when you panic,” Jessica giggles, watching Taeyeon’s face transition from being dazed to being playfully irritated.

 

“Why are you so mean to me; you meanie poo!” Taeyeon pouts, and Jessica can’t resist the temptation to pull the older woman closer to her body and kiss her until the pout is replaced by a goofy smile.

 

 

 

After a very intense make-out session in which Taeyeon grumbles about how not seeing each other for weeks makes Jessica more aggressive, the both of them lie on Jessica’s bed with their hands intertwined together. Taeyeon lifts their hands and places a peck on Jessica’s, which makes the woman blush at how soft the woman’s lips feel on her skin. She lifts her head from Taeyeon’s shoulders and leans forward to peck the corner of her lips.

 

“So did you want me to review the album?” Taeyeon offers. Jessica just nods and proceeds to plant kisses on the woman’s jawline.

 

“Okay, well ‘Wonderland’ was a nice EDM track; I really liked the chorus. It’s just that…” Taeyeon starts, but trails off when she’s about to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter