Letting Go

Letting Go

 

 

Letting Go

 


 

Please forgive my errors.

Have fun reading!

 


 

 

“You don’t have to be so stubborn, Jae. And you should really trust her more.”

 

Kim Jaejoong ignored his manager’s words and continued to sulk on his couch with a glass of whiskey on his hand. He was lying there languidly, still thinking of the events that lead to his current mood and situation.

 

 

Flashback:

 

Jaejoong was ecstatic when he finally finished his service to the Korean government. Don’t get him wrong. He loved every single moment that he was able to serve his country and is extremely thankful with the experience. It’s just that, Jaejoong is also looking forward to meet his love ones and do his passion.

 

Looking at the key of his house on his palm, Jaejoong can’t help but gave a nostalgic smile. He swiped the card key and entered his security code, hearing the access sound, Jaejoong turned the knob and smiled to the person he saw waiting for him.

 

“Welcome home,” she said giving one of her rarest smile to him.

 

“I’m home,” was the only thing he could say before the two of them moved to hug each other.

 

Jaejoong buried his face on her neck, still hugging her body closely to himself, afraid that if he let go, the woman will disappear from his arms. It happened far too much on his dreams while serving in the military. He dreamt of her, of them together, and on his dreams, she was always waiting for him. He would always run to her, but just as he finally grasp her hand, her form will vanish like a wisp and he will wake up longing for the time that they could be together once again. It was then by smelling her scent and hugging her tightly can he justify her existence. That she is indeed in his arms right now.

 

“I miss you so much,” she murmured to him, also afraid of letting go.

 

Like a man deprived of water, Jaejoong sought her lips and kissed her fervently. He poured all his feelings and his longing onto the kiss. Finally out of breath, they leaned their foreheads together and murmured, “I love you.”

 

“Jae,” she whispered, also bringing her hands to cup Jaejoong’s face.

 

“Dara,” he whispered back and kissed her lips once again, “I love you.”

 

They spent the night together, catching up with what’s going on and murmuring sweet nothings and promises with each other.

 

 

 

Days passed and it seems like Jaejoong’s professional life is back on track again. His manager informed him of new endorsements and contract requests for dramas. He also took the time to catch up on his business and with friends. Just recently, he received an invitation from TOP for Big Bang’s concert and afterparty.

 

He enjoyed the music, no surprise there. They’re one of the best boy groups and artists that their entertainment industry has and will ever have. Jaejoong felt a little bit jealous and sentimental, though, because it will be difficult for DBSK to perform together as one whole group once again.

 

They didn’t sit together to avoid any rumours. Still, Jaejoong can’t help but wishfully think that it’ll only be a matter of time before they can freely reveal their relationship to the public. He can see her, of course, also enjoying the performance and from time to time, he can even meet her eyes in the sea of people.

 

He drank and socialised during the afterparty but still making sure that her drinks are monitored. He knows that she can’t really handle her alcohol. Regretfully, they can’t go home together. By the door, before exiting the area, Jaejoong kissed her goodbye and left her to the care of the other Big Bang members.

 

The repercussion of this decision wasn’t something he expected.

 

Things had gotten out of hand. Upon hearing the news, Jaejoong immediately tried to contact her but to no avail. He was dejected and he felt betrayed but still keeping hope that not all the rumours are true.

 

He opened his social media, and with heavy heart, opened the articles about them. This is when the insecurities tried to overcome him. Of course, he was gone for almost two years, it is highly probable that some things will happen and feelings can develop.

 

He logged off of social media and closed his eyes while massaging his temple.

 

‘She wouldn’t do this to me, right?’ he thought, thinking back to all the things that they’ve gone through together as a couple. He then sighed and figured that the only thing he can do right now is wait.

 

And as if hearing his prayers, the sound of the knob being turned reached Jaejoong’s ears. Looking at the entrance of his house, he found the love of his life with her eyes puffed red from crying and looking forlornly at him.

 

“Jae,” she said, closing the door and walking slowly to Jaejoong’s direction.

 

“You don’t believe any of the rumours, right?” she asked reaching to touch Jaejoong’s hand. But she flinched when instead of reaching back to hug her, Jaejoong moved his hand out of her reach. Dara can’t help it then when tears started running down her face. She shivered and her heart overwhelmed with fear at the thought of Jaejoong despising her.

 

He heard her anguish and his heart clenched. He looked away from her, unable to handle the sight of her crying and full of pain. No matter how much he wants to comfort her, Jaejoong was also experiencing pain because of what happened.

 

“I’m sorry. I-i just don’t know what to believe anymore,”

 

They were silent for a while, each contemplating what to do next. Dara took the initiative, she squeezed her eyes shut, willing the tears to go away, took a deep breath and said the words that will haunt Jaejoong forever,

 

“I understand. Goodbye, Jae,” preventing her hands from reaching out to him and beg him to hear her out, Dara walked to the door and said her last words, “I love you, Jae. Always,”

 

Jaejoong didn’t move, tears were also running down his face. He knows that he should’ve listened to her explain. He knows that there might be nothing going on between her and the guy. His heart is shouting at him to listen to her, to believe her and to go after her, but he can’t. He’s too much of a coward.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

“She loves you, Jae. We can all see that. Are you really letting her go?” his manager said, cutting Jaejoong off from his thoughts.

 

“There are a lot of guys after her but remember that it was you she chose. It’s up to you if you want to mess this up,” Jaejoong sighed, barely listening to his manager’s lecture, “One day, when she walks down the aisle on another man’s arms, I’ll be there to tell you ‘I told you so’. I know you, Jae. You love her as much as she loves you, and you’re going to regret this if you don’t fix this immediately,”

 

Jaejoong’s heart skipped a bit from pain and nervousness when the words of his manager painted a picture of Dara in another man’s arms. Scenes after scenes of Dara being with someone not him flashed before his eyes, increasing the pain he’s currently feeling.

 

“No,” he whispered. He’ll not accept that. He won’t allow it.

 

Jumping from the couch, Jaejoong ran to his room to change while demanding his manager to tell him Dara’s whereabouts.

 

“Where is she?” he shouted while pulling his pants up and taking the keys of his car from the nightstand.

 

“She’s on her way to the airport, Jae,” not even bothering to comb his hair or to hear anymore, Jaejoong ran to his car and started the engine, all the while thinking and hoping that she hasn’t given up on him

 

 

 

Arriving to the busy airport, Jaejoong parked his car and ran to the departure area, not even bothering to cover his face. He thought he’s going to have trouble spotting her, but she saw a group of Blackjacks and Daralings sending her off. He ran to their direction hoping and praying to every gods that he’s not too late.

 

Seeing her petite figure receiving a letter from a fan, Jaejoong increased his speed to her direction that not even the guards around her could stop him. He turned her around to face him. Surprised, Dara even dropped the things she was holding but Jaejoong paid no heed and planted his lips on hers.

 

Everyone were shocked because everything happened so fast. Not even one of the fans managed to snap a picture. They were all gaping at the two stars standing in front of them.

 

Letting go, Jaejoong hugged her tightly and said, “I’m sorry. I love you. Please don’t leave me,”

 

Dara, trying to recover from everything that happened only smiled and hugged him back, “You pabo. Of course, I love you. And who says I’m leaving you?”

 

Sighing in relief, Jaejoong smiled and murmured, “I love you,” before giving Dara another kiss.

 

 

 


 

 

Wow! It has been an eventful year, right?

I'll be honest that my jaedara heart broke a little bit but still keeping the hopes up. Haha!

As you may have noticed by now, I'm only a jaedara writer (because they're my babies huhu).

Keep cheering for Jae's and Dara's happiness, okay? Indivually (and together *wink*). :)