1/2

His Intense Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His Intense Eyes

Part 1

 

           Been at the shift of the night is not good is very exhausting. People are tired and they only want to go home to rest. That is the case of Eun Jung, a hard working woman who has to work overtime to have a little more money to survive and pay all her bills. Now in the world, people don’t live, they survive. Time are getting bad every day it passes by and is every day harder. Even though she works until late, Eun Jung is graceful because she at least has the job. When other ar losing it or can’t find any.

           Ending the last page of the contract that her boss made her do. Eun Jung let a breath of satisfaction out, ending it and knowing so. Also it was earlier than other days that she has to be until midnight. Tuning the computer off and taking every important paper saving them in her favorite folder, just to clean the desk. Not knowing the time, she looks at her watch who tells her it is 9:27 pm. Looking around there is nobody just the janitor cleaning those dirty floors. She is always the one who is the last one to get out on the office, just because she has always a lot of paper to work on. Eun Jung doesn’t complain also she get paid extra.

    Everything done, Eun Jung takes her purse and folder with important papers in it.  Then start to walk out of the office saying her goodbyes to the janitor who is an old lady. ‘That woman is very hard working’  the old janitor lady thought while looking at Eun Jung get out of the office.  Camly she gets on the elevator that takes Eun Jung to the parking lot. Waiting a few minutes until she gets there Eun Jung checks everything on her. Then walking down the parking lot EUn Jung then receives a call. While Eun Jung walks also she try to find her phone on her purse. She had too many unimportant thing on there it was like a jungle of stuff. A lot of womans can relate to that but sometimes when you clean them you cannot find anything or the thing you had needed them afterwards. Smiling finding it and then answering quickly after looking who it was. It was one of her coworkers very good friends of hers.

Her name was Kacy Lee, she is half korean half american woman. Eun Jung and her are very good friends and coworkers for a long time now. She met her when she was in a meeting and accidently push her with all her papers because of her rush, getting all over the place in that moment. After that they have been very close at work and as friends of course. Smiling after remembering all those memories Eun Jung answered the call.

 

— “Hey Kacy” Eun Jung said still walking to her car that is the only one in that floor of the parking lot.

— “Hey Jung” Kacy said on the other line very happy and Eun wondering why? “Your know what?”

— “What?” Eun Jung ask not knowing anything.

— “My cousin is getting married and she invited me. I can bring someone so I was thinking if you wanted to go with me” She said very happy about it, it must be her favorite cousin so she could be that happy.

— “Of course Kacy, I would gladly agree to that invitation. So when is it?” Eun Jung ask while she is in her car getting inside.

— “Well is this weekend on, Saturday” Kacy said and Eun Jung was remembering if she had something that gladly she didn’t.

— “Perfect, I’m free this weekend” Eun Jung close the door of her car and then she turn it on and stay there still talking with Kacy.

 

    After some minutes later Eun Jung ended the call of Kacy and took a deep breath. Nothing more she start to drive out the building to her home, who her dog waits for her. The night was very pretty there was no clouds and the moon could be seen clearly on the sky also the very few stars. It was sad Eun Jung could not see the stars because of the light pollution. That is something she loves to see, well been raised on the countryside  everyday she could see them but here in the city it was different.

After some minutes driving she gets to her apartments in a very nice building. It was on the nice part of Seoul where people say the rich ones are, Eun Jung is not rich but she get a good amount of money working hard like she does. Entering on the parking lot of the building where Eun Jung lives, she let her car in her spot. Taking her stuff Eun Jung close the car making sure it is secure. After that Eun Jung walks to the elevator, entering and pressing the number of her floor . Letting a sigh out from the tiredness of today, also thinking of tomorrow. A lot of thing she has to do and prepare to that wedding is another thing now in her messy brain.

Eun Jung getting on her floor walks to her door with her heels that were killing her feets. Opening the door she is received with a happy Jojo. Taking her heels quickly letting them aside then she walked inside closing the door behind. In her room Eun Jung let her purse and folder taking Jojo and saying ‘hi’ to him. Letting Jojo out of her grasp she then take some clothes so she can take a warm shower, relaxing her body. She just needed that asap.

Some minutes pass by and Eun Jung finish her shower getting out with the towel on her head because of her wet hair. Taking her blower sitting on her makeup vanity seen herself there and drying her hair. Just some minutes until her long and fine hair would be dry enough to not make her sick. Letting the blower aside she goes to the kitchen and start to make some dinner for her. Eun Jung was starving been there overnight shift, hello just here would forget about that only had some salad in her stomach.

Like that, the night passes by. Eun Jung eating her dinner putting some water and food to Jojo and because of her tiredness fall asleep watching TV at her room. She wokes up like always early the next day her TV turn off thanks to the timer she always puts on. Hearing the birds and the sun light in her room telling her is early in the morning. She didn’t wanted to go to work even wanted to call sick but sadly she could not because she has to bring those important paper for some meeting they had in a few days. It was very important because it would be one company joining for businesses to other. They said it was a very young man who manages the company so she was also looking forward to that. It was also one thing she likes, Eun Jung is the shy type of woman but she likes to see the young man's in the company. Like that Eun Jung start to get ready and when she’s ready said good bye so Jojo and go out the door with all her things again.

In an hour Eun Jung was already parking in the office building. Having her things she get to the crowded elevator to get to the office, just a pain in the for her. After getting off the elevator she could see one or two employees already. She greets them and the go to her desk letting her folder there and start to work.

That was all Eun Jung all day taking calls and walking to one side and another taking important papers to differents departments. Exhausted she takes a break and then meets with Kacy at the cafeteria. Kacy could see how tired Eun Jung is.

 

— “You really need some vacations, you look exhausted” Kacy takes a bite from her muffin.

— “I know but still I have to finish these papers for the meeting soon” Eun Jung let a sigh out looking at her friend so happy eating the muffin.

— “Yes but promise me that after that you will take some vacations, or I will talk to that of boss you have” Kacy said opening her orange bottle juice, she was talking like she was going to murder him if he doesn’t let vacations to her.

— “Calm down I will deal with that later…” The Eun Jung receive a message and when she saw it, it was none other that her boss. She got up and let out another sigh “Well Kacy I have to go back, talk to you later”

— “Ok Junjun, see you later” Kacy said and with that Eun Jung start to walk to the elevator.

 

    Another day staying until night working in some papers this time to finish the contract. It was thursday so the thing Eun Jung was going for is if she finish everything today she can have tomorrow free and would be great for her to have some time to purchase thing for the wedding. Because Eun Jung had not a good dress and the one she has has used them a lot. With that in mind she takes a sip from her coffee and start working fast but good so everything would be neat and organize. Time passes by and when she looks at the clock was shock and what time it was. The clock says it was 1:23 am. Wide eyes she starts to get her stuff but before all that Eun Jung prints the papers of the contract and with a nice folder she goes inside the boss office to let them on his desk also with a note with everything he has to do tomorrow without forgetting she was having her day off.  

    Without anything else Eun Jung grab her stuff and starts to walk out of the office. The security guard when he saw her stop her and make her identify herself so she could go. Eun Jung takes out her ID and with that she is out without any problem.’ That’s weird’ EUn jung thought never before have that happened to her. Well thinking of it she hasn’t saw that face before so he must be new in that shift. She just let it aside  and walks to her car like always and getting in to start drive to her apartment. Just like that she get to her apartment changes cloth and go to bed. She was very tired and now she can feel it.

    The next day her phone wake her up and it was his boss. With a growl and still sleepy she answer it.

 

— “Good morning Mr. Lee” She say with her most formal voice trying to not sound so tired and sleepy

—  “Wow Miss Jung I have to congratulate you because of your work in the contract is spectacular everyone loved it.” His boss sounded very happy about it.

— “Thanks boss” She didn’t said anything else

— “I know you're tired the guard told me you got out at 1 am so have this day off but I want you early the day of the meeting. then afterwards I want to talk to you. See you on monday miss Junt” With that Mr. Lee ended the call and Eun Jung was with a wide smile looking at the ceiling

 

    That was some great news for her she was happy because of her work. She havent heard Mr. Lee so happy in months, hope this meeting with the Jiang Corporation would be successful. Also that would make the company expand more. Feeling extremely happy Eun Jung got up from her bed not lazy this time. She pet Jojo who also was happy because she was happy. Eun Jung go to make some breakfast and then eat it watching some TV. Then after that she takes a warm shower and but some casual clothes. With that she says ‘goodbye’ to Jojo and then leave to go to the mall and look for a good dress.

    After a while she was now in the mall that as extremely crowded. She hated places that were too crowded. It made Eun Jung uncomfortable but still she take a breath and then go in. She really needed a dress and she hopes she would find one that she loves. While looking around the mall  she could see some dresses. Looking at them but nothing that she loves or like. Nothing like her style. Eun Jung is someone who is very simple doesn’t like to much bling, or something to flashy. She is just someone classy and people say boring but what can she do she likes being classy and simple. Also because she is simple also makes her pop been different from the flashy and bling. Also she doesn’t follow trends at all. they all come and go.

    After half an hour walking to find her dress she looks to a boutique and saw this gorgeous grey dress with a brown belt it was simple but elegant. She loved it. Entering the employees saw she was looking to the dress and quickly help her. The store was empty she could tell not a lot of people would come there.  She tries the drees and when she saw herself on the mirror she didn’t think it twice and took the decision that it was the dress she wanted. She pay what the dress cost and it was worth it. Happy with the dress she said goodbye to the employees that were so good to her. Then after that she goes to look for accessories and shoes.

    Two hour and a half after shopping for everything he needed then Eun Jung comes home. Jojo was beside her when she let all the bags on the table.

 

— “Hey Jojo mommy got stuff for you” Saying that she got the bag with the treats for Jojo and some new toys.

 

    Jojo just bark and started playing with the new toys. With that Eun Jung started unpacking and putting the stuff aside or where it should be. After finishing with everything she sits on her bed looking at the dress on the hook on her closet. Letting a sigh she lay on her bed and then receive a call none other than Kacy.

 

— “Hey JunJun how are you?” She ask quickly knowing that she didn’t go to work today

— “Exhausted, I just got home after a shopping spree” Eun Jung laugh and then Jojo got up

— “Mmm that sounds good, well tomorrow I will pick you up at 10 am it starts at 1 but is a little far from here.”  Kacy said and Eun Jung was fine with that

— “No problem, that would be great I will have time and all that so don’t worry.” Eun Jung mention to Kacy.

—  “Perfect” Kacy said “Yeah girl we will have fun together tomorrow I will call you when I come to pick you up, sleep well ok. See you tomorrow”

— “See you tomorrow Kacy” Eun said and then the call ended

 

    Tomorrow is going to be an a exciting day in the wedding. Been with Kacy is going to be wild. She is the type of woman who is serious but also likes to party when the fun is up. Many times she have gotten drunk and Eun Jung has had to deal with her because sometimes she couldn't control herself and would embarrass her because of the situation Kacy has put her. Only she hopes everything go smoothly like everything else has been going.

    The alarm of the phone was turned off by a still sleepy Eun Jung. She got up and walk to the bathroom and wash her face and teeth. It was early but still if she didn’t get up there will be no time for herself to be prepare for the wedding. Going to the kitchen and because she was still lazy, Eun Jung eats some healthy cereal and a yogurt with fruits, something light.While eating she takes her ipad and start looking at the news and watching what has been going on in the city and all the country.  Like that several minutes passed by Eun jung finishing her breakfast camly.

    Without anything further to do she cleans her plates and let them dry aside. Taking a big breath she start walking to her room again knowing the time and how many minutes she would spend in each thing she have to do. Letting that aside Eun Jung goes to her bathroom taking all her cloth off, obviously to take a warm shower. She uses her favorite body gel giving her the flora

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter