Teaser #1

⚜ Youth ⚜ APPLY OPENED! -- *REBOOTING*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
home     Teaser credit Teaser 1 (WARNING: EXTREMELY VAGUE TEASER. HEY, WE CAN'T GIVE EVERYTHING AWAY JUST YET DEARS. ;D)

“I want to see you
I wanted to see you so much
I know it’s not allowed
But I try to turn back time
I lean on one side of the room
And call your name Say Yes
But only your forgotten voice comes back--”


Her heart clenched painfully into a tight mound in her chest, throbbing along to the lyrics of her partner's song. She fought back the urge to wrap her arms around his frame and engulf him in a warm embrace, anything to maybe take some of the pain away. But, despite this, she knows it’s just a song, just a performance, and once it’s over, he’ll be back to normal, or so he had claimed before it was their turn to perform, though, for some reason it feels more than that. It all feels so real. The tugging at her heart was just a sad excuse for the bare minimum that she knew he was feeling greatly deeper. The emotion behind the song seems too heartbreakingly visible that she can’t even imagine it being just a song, but she'd go along with his little lie if that's what he wanted.  


Thin, pale fingers trickled like water droplets across the ivory keys of an extravagant, handcrafted gorgeous white piano shipped in from Italy, such an instrument that she felt unworthy to touch, but she couldn't argue since this was the one assigned to her. It was like something out of a dream, it was so beautiful, god, so beautiful, and she felt hideous in comparison. The sound the instrument made rang out to fill the whole area, flooding down to the hushed audience below that ached as the haunting melody flew from the pads of the girl's fingertips. She didn’t even struggle to keep up with his singing as her feathery notes played under his lovely voice, both sounds complimenting each other with their beautiful pitches. The two vibrating sounds twinkled like fairies dancing under brightly lit stars in the night. They intertwined with one another as they dipped and swirled, building up momentum as the crescendo rose.  


She kept his figure in her peripheral vision at all times, only occasionally sparing him a flicker of a look to his distant form. He stood only a few feet away from her piano bench, but to her, it felt like he was miles and miles away from here, like he was in a far away land that only he could reach. He was a hologram of some sort, rather than an actual person standing there directly in front of the abandoned microphone, opting instead to clutch the microphone in tight fists until his knuckles turned white. He strained his diaphragm to sing out, pouring his heart out into each syllable. He kept his breaths even as he continued to sing the next lyrics. His eyes were glazed over with a glossy shine, and his pupils were dilated, and she could tell he wasn't registering anything around him other than the song itself.  


“Oh you’re so pretty, you’re so so soft
If you still have those memories
That seemed so fragile--”  


Every word was like a sharp stab to the chest, pulling and tugging until everyone felt his pain, angsty and brokenly beautiful, sorrowful with a tinge of regret. He was a puppet master, pulling on the audience's heartstrings with just a change in vibrato, making several people gasp out for breath as if they were drowning in his voice.  


The lyrics were floating throu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter