Flustered (fin)

FLUSTERED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He knew he was too early for Doyoung's liking. His best friend would scold him for sure. But, Jaehyun couldn't wait any longer. The opportunity only came once after years of waiting. He didn't want to waste his chance to impress his best friend at least. He knew, although Doyoung would say waiting for him is not necessary, deep down the older is touched by his move. Jaehyun chuckled because he's sounded so obvious right now and wondered why the older never ever noticed everything he had done. Jaehyun didn't want to blame him though. Doyoung was absent-minded sometimes.

The black fancy car parked in the parking lot of the hospital that Doyoung's working in. Doyoung wasn't a nurse and wasn't a doctor, if all of you curious. Because curiosity could kill, Jaehyun decided to let you know about it. Doyoung's one of the staff that put everything neatly about patients' medical record into a computer. His job was simple and he had a lot of time free for himself to day dreaming. But Doyoung was still new, so he couldn't move as himself as Jaehyun had expected.

Jaehyun descended from his car, walking confidently to the way Doyoung usually came out. Doyoung didn't tell him, but he had known it since forever. He knew everything about his best friend, almost. He wished he knows all.

A cold breeze in the Fall blew passed him, trying to sneak in into his coat, trying to make him shiver. But it gave him nothing effect although his face was getting paler in each second. No. Jaehyun didn't hate cold. He likes Winter since he was born. His body also doesn't get a cold easily.

He squinted his eyes to check it again, and again, if the sight in front of him was real, or only his silly imagination again. Because fata morgana doesn’t exist in cold weather, right?

He couldn't hear whatever conversation they had, but it success changed the colour of his pale skin into a crimson one. It slowly became more visible in each step he chose to get closer. His eyes weren't cheating him. He knew that guy was his best friend, hugging at the gate with a stranger he didn't know who, and he didn't want to know.

As he reached their spot, the hug had finished. It hurt him. How could Doyoung be so nice to people? Doyoung was newbie. Three weeks weren't enough for Jaehyun to not to think negatively about the whole situation. Three weeks wouldn't make Doyoung be so close to someone that he let him to hug him. They barely had a skinship as best friend for five years long. Doyoung didn't even give him a hug when he won something. He gave him a pat, only a pat. Remembering this, making the furious feeling rose up faster than Jaehyun could imagine.

"Done already?" he spat, glaring through the stranger's skull purposely. Doyoung seemed oblivious to it.

"You are here!" The older greeted Jaehyun with his infamous smile as the stranger was moving his body uncomfortably. He said a goodbye to Doyoung quickly and ran to his motorcycle. Doyoung blinked, catching a weird behavior from his working partner, but shrugged it off, he would ask about it tomorrow if he could remember. He forgets about things easily these days.

"Let's go," Jaehyun didn't wait for a reply. Gritting his teeth, he pulled Doyoung's wrist with him. The older struggled to keep his wild step but Jaehyun was too mad to aware about it. He opened a door for Doyoung harshly, leaving it without a word, and came in to his driver seat. Doyoung uncertainly joined the car, frowning. He knew Jaehyun was angry over something.

The engine started, in a moment, they already on the road. Jaehyun brought him to the opposite road, he should had turned to the right after traffic light switched into green but he chose the left way instead. Doyoung wanted to question him, but he decided to just shut his mouth, waiting patiently until Jaehyun spoke to him first. He was ready if the younger would suddenly burst into anger and shout incoherent sentence toward him. That's common.

But, after minutes had passed and Doyoung couldn't recognize the scenery around him anymore. He let out a small sigh, checking Jaehyun's mood from the corner of his eyes.

"Are you angry?" he asked it as low as possible. Jaehyun caught it. He made a deep frown and pressed the pedal harder. Doyoung bumped onto his soft seat in shock because Jaehyun never drove his car this fast. He gulped as Jaehyun kept giving him silence treatment.

Doyoung glanced at the younger, he seemed very mad and Doyoung didn't know what to do. Biting his lips, his mind suddenly produced some possible scenes that could be a reason for his madness. He tried to take the most possible one. He removed his silly thought and made something has more sense.

The last time they were met, Jaehyun was insisted to give him a ride to his workplace. Doyoung was rejected his idea at first because it would make Jaehyun going in circle to his workplace. It would waste a lot of time of his. But, the younger was so eager that Doyoung finally gave in and here he was now, fetching Doyoung and scolding him with silent treatment. Doyoung pouted as the scene was playing inside his mind. Jaehyun wouldn't just angry because he rejected him first, right? That scene also appeared two days ago. If Jaehyun wanted to be mad, he would do that right away, not today.

Doyoung remembered the last text the younger sent to him. It was full of dumb emoticon and sounded like Jaehyun was so glad to finally have a time to pick him up. He also couldn't stop to text Doyoung about his way to the hospital. He updated his status in LINE for many times, giving a hint he would be there soon. Doyoung chuckled when he read every status the younger had put in. Jaehyun was full of smiley that time. He's sounded okay and fine. He's not mad and Doyoung knew that well.

Jaehyun glanced at Doyoung, slowly decreasing the speed of his car. The older was deep in thought. He titled his head and knitted his brows together. Jaehyun wanted to tease his best friend about the wrinkle would come soon if he does something like that a lot. But, the anger didn't let him too. There's this heavy feeling inside his heart and Jaehyun was smart enough to take the mean of it. He looked back to the road as Doyoung aware of him staring.

It needed a moment for Doyoung to stop thinking because his mind went hazed, and he despised the fact that his best friend was ignoring him. He wanted to speak as Jaehyun suddenly parked his car abruptly, turning his head at Doyoung faster.

"Why did you hug him?" he asked, giving a pressure in each word, squinting. Doyoung was taken aback by the question, he closed his mouth, forgetting the sentences that he wanted to throw at the younger earlier.

"Why did you hug him?!" the impatient Jaehyun made Doyoung flinched in surprise.

"What's wrong about it Jae?" Doyoung replied back with another question. He didn't understand why his best friend was so angry about it. It was just a simple skinship. They also had done that a lot, as long as Doyoung remembered. He also had hugged other people beside Jaehyun, like their other friends, but Jaehyun was never complained about it. He was cool. He was cool best friend that like to share.

"It's a hug Doyoung, for a God's sake! It's a hug! It's a ing hug!"

"So?" Doyoung was so confused and Jaehyun was giving him no help.

"Hug means skinship! Skinship!!"

Jaehyun was shouted, but Doyoung still couldn't grasp the situation. So, he let out a small chuckle, seeing Jaehyun hilarious expression.

"Okay, I know that's a skinship, so... why are you so mad about it?"

"What the f--"

"Stop cursing you silly," Doyoung covered his mouth, shaking his head. "Tell me slowly,"

"NO!" Jaehyun glared at him.

"Pfft, Jae," the older one sighed and decided to just try reading Jaehyun's face. They were called soulmate for something right? They could understand each other situation without being told loudly. But now, Jaehyun was hard to read.

"Like I said, it just a skinship, we also did that a lot,"

Jaehyun rolled his eyes. "NO!" he suddenly pointed at Doyoung's forehead.

"You had thought about it right? You had tried to find a reason why am I being like this? Spill it!"

"What? Oh--" Doyoung came out with every possible reason inside his thought but Jaehyun was sarcastically laughed at him. Doyoung made a frown and flicked the younger not so gently. Jaehyun moaned in pain, rubbing his forehead.

"Stop making a fuss about it, tell me now! You know that I am dumb Jae!"

"You stop giving me a hug from the last two years!" hearing this made Doyoung gave the younger a look are-you-kidding-me? But Jaehyun rolled his eyes again. That statement had a meaning more than that. That statement would break the wall Jaehyun had created to hide his feeling. It would break soon, if Doyoung wasn't being so dumb like now.

"Oh my poor Jae, do you want some hugs?" Doyoung was teasing him now and it's not a good sight. Because that's mean the older was really, really dumb about his feeling.

"You are so dumb Doyoung, it hurts,"

"Wait? What?" Jaehyun didn't talk about it again. He lowered his win

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter