A Realization

Lost But Not Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here is the sequel! I really hope everyone enjoys it!

*******

"Come on, Mark. Wake up, you sleepy head!" Jangmi playfully remarked at her sleeping boyfriend. She ruffled his surprisingly soft, dark brown locks in an attempt to gently wake him up. Mark, who was half-asleep, warily glanced upward, only to burry his face back into his pillow again, simply because the bright light was too much to handle. Jangmi laughed. She pulled herself upward, and grabbed the large comforter covering Mark's body. With a quick pull, she took the entire blanket off the bed, effectively waking Mark up fully.

"Hey! Why are you making me wake up so early?" Mark asked after he had been so rudely awakened. He was incredibly tired after practicing at the dance studio last night. He could still feel his sore muscles aching from pushing himself too hard. Jangmi poked his head, much to Mark's annoyance. 

"Because we've got lots to do today! Remember?" Jangmi replied. She also was still in bed, and needed to get dressed for the day. It was a weekday and the two needed to do many things, including going to work. Mark huffed. He didn't want to go to work. He wanted to stay in bed. 

Jangmi was annoyed at Mark's stubbornness and was about to pester him to get up again, until she was suddenly pulled backward. Feeling slightly confused and surprised, she turned toward Mark so that she could tell him to let go of her. But before she could open , Jangmi felt a warm arm encircle her waist and a head nuzzle into her neck, making her blush. Rolling her eyes, Jangmi forcefully tried to remove Mark's arm but to no avail. Mark then tightened his grip, making sure that his girlfriend couldn't get out.

"Don't go, stay. I need you." Mark said in a childish voice. Jangmi felt her cheeks go red, as she rolled her eyes once more. She snuggled closer into Mark's body, feeling his body heat radiate onto her.

"Fine. But only for a few minutes." Jangmi said, consenting to Mark's wishes. A few minutes couldn't hurt, could it?

*******

 Well, it seems like a few minutes could hurt, because a few minutes turned into an hour, and that hour turned into three.

When Jangmi woke up again, it was already 11:00 a.m. She was supposed to be at the art museum by 9:00. Jolting out of bed, Jangmi scrambled to the bathroom and got ready. Mark, who was awoken by Jangmi, was still in a daze. 

"Wait, Jangmi. What's the time?" Mark asked as he stood up and walked toward his dresser. He rummaged for some clothing to wear for the day.

"It's 11! I'm already late; you should also get to work." Jangmi said while both changing and brushing her teeth. Mark's shot wide open. He didn't mean to sleep in so late. With that in mind, he quickly got changed and refreshed himself. 

After several minutes, the couple was finally ready to go to work. Jangmi mentally face-palmed herself for what seemed to be the millionth time as she grabbed her bag and keys. How was she going to explain this to her boss? Ugh. Because of her carelessness, she could get fired. 

Mark, on the other hand, was pretty relaxed. He didn't have to be at the studio at a fixed time; he could come and go whenever as long as he practiced  and continued to create new choreography. 

As Mark watched Jangmi scramble around in a hurried rush, he smiled. His life had taken a turn for the better ever since he had reunited Jangmi that night at the gas station.  When Mark had told his friends and family about that, everyone, undoubtedly, had a great shock. They were so happy for him, however. Jangmi had also presented the news to her family as well. They were ecstatic because they knew how much Jangmi was suffering without Mark. Now, several months later, Mark and Jangmi were living in the same apartment again, and life seemed to get back to normal. They even had gotten a dog, Coco, who was loved and spoiled by them.

"Mark, I'm leaving now!" Jangmi said, jolting Mark out of his daydream. He nodded nonchalantly in response. However, before Jangmi opened the door, Mark stood up and stopped her. 

"Jangmi, I love you. You know that, right?" Mark said out of the blue. Jangmi smiled.

"Of course. I love you too."

*******

Mark was bored. He had arrived at the studio two hours earlier, and had already practiced. He was feeling pretty good about how far he had come. Walking into the music room, Mark noticed that Jackson wasn't here today. In fact, the entire place was eerily quite, probably because of his best friend's absense. Disgruntled, Mark stepped to the computer in the music and producing room and played some songs to fill the silence. 

Mark continued to play around with the computer mindlessly, until he came across a file entitled "Jangmi's Surprise". Mark wrinkled his brows in confusion. It was last edited six months ago. That was interestingly before the accident. With his curiosity piqued, Mark clicked on it and much to his surprise, there were two videos. On the thumbnail of one was Mark himself, in an oddly familiar pose. He selected that one first. Suddenly, he saw himself on the screen smiling.

"Ok, here it goes. Hi Jangmi! If your seeing this, its probably because it's our anniversary! I can't believe we've been together for two years." Mark watched in fascination as the Mark in the screen started talking. It was so interesting because Mark could not remember any of this. When did he make this? Before he could continue with his thoughts, the Mark on the screen started talking again. 

"The past two years have been the best two years in my entire life. I can't imagine how I survived without you before I met you during college. But without further ado, I want to express my love though my dance." With that, Mark in the screen stood up, and qued to music. The lights went dark, and slowly he started to dance. Mark was in a daze. He continued to move smoothly to the rather calming music in the backround. 

Mark stood up from the chair, and continued to watch the dance. He tilted his head and started moving to the music, following the Mark in the video. He stumbled at first, not knowing the choreography, but slowly he started to grasp it. Soon enough he didn't need to watch the video. Instead he followed the music and continued to dance until the music ended. And that's when he realized why he could follow the dance moves with such accuracy, and why he recognized the music despite not remembering anything.

"I just want to know where you were and why you didn't reply to any of my calls or texts."

Mark looked at Jangmi nervously.

"I couldn't reply to your texts because my phone had died. And I was... practicing my new dance choreography." He said unconfidently. Mark didn't want to spoil the anniversary surprise that he had been working so hard to prepare so he opted to lie. It was hard because he had always told Jangmi the truth. 

"Please tell me the truth," Jangmi pleaded to Mark. He looked away. She didn't believe him, but what could he say?

"Jangmi, I..." Mark started but couldn't finish. He looked down at his hands. Jangmi waited for him to finish his sentence but he didn't. Pulling herself away from his grasp, Jangmi looked straight into his eyes.

"Mark, it doesn't bother me that you didn't make it on time. We are human and we both forget sometimes. What bothers me is that you can't tell me where you were. Don't we have enough trust in this relationship? Or is there something you want to tell me?" Jangmi said. Her eyes nearly teared up and Mark felt incredibly bad. Mark contemplated on telling her. He was so stupid; he should've remembered tonight's plans.

Without warning, Jangmi quickly turned and walked out of the room, outside. 

The very thing that Mark had been working so hard on to please Jangmi was the one thing that drove them apart. Mark wanted to cry. He stared at the computer sadly as he reminsced about his newfound memories. He had worked endless hours to create completely new dance moves and choreography that would match the music that he had produced. Us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter