Angel

Angel

 

 

this is it guys... the three kaisoo days fics are over soBS FOR ETERNITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ok this is supposed to be really beautiful and artsy and stuff but idk i cant decide if i like it or not cuz on one hand its too short but then on the other its kinda good that way i dont knOWWWWWWWW ijust hope you like it 

haPPY BIRTHDAY JONGIN MY CARAMEL BOY (winkywonky did u see that reference) WE ALL LOVE YOU V MUCH PLEASE BE HAPPY FOREVER MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

like i said the other times, i hope everyone is doing well and smiling and on top of their gAME 

keep it cool keep it kaisoo kids, 

much love, 

TEA<3333333

 

 

 

Second Note: This fic is based on the movie The Adjustment Bureau. If you haven’t seen the movie, you might not understand some of the references so this is a small explanation: a group of people, known as ‘Angels’ work for a mysterious figure called the Chairman who is in charge of people’s destiny. Everyone has their own distinct life plan and the angels are in charge of ensuring that their life stays on the course it is fated to by making minuscule, almost unnoticeable changes that keep people on plan. There are ways of getting round what your plan says, but of course this has consequences. ‘Resetting’ is the most common, where a person entire memory, personality etc are wiped and they start afresh. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New York is prettiest at night. 

 

Do Kyungsoo thinks this to himself as he gazes out of his apartment window just as the clock strikes 10pm. The mug of tea he holds steams in his hands, and he’s grateful for the warmth having only just arrived home from work. The crisp Autumn chill is unforgiving, and has the ability to reach right to the bone so that even the warmth of the heating system has to work hard to keep up. 

 

Jongin is prettier than New York. Kyungsoo knows this because he stands beside the man, and he can see the play of the lights on his face in their darkened apartment. There is nothing more beautiful than Kim Jongin, Kyungsoo is sure of it. 

 

“Don’t you ever worry that we’re… playing God?” Jongin asks, his voice nothing more than a whisper, a quiet mumble meant only for Kyungsoo to hear even though they are alone. 

 

Kyungsoo snorts into his drink. “They do call us angels.” 

 

“But we’re not are we? We’re people. Humans. We’re no different to the people whose lives with tamper with everyday. Does that not worry you?” 

 

“We’re doing our jobs, sticking to the Plan.” Kyungsoo shrugs. He takes a sip of his tea. He is not the most of dynamic characters, and he is very comfortable with not questioning authority and moving along with his life. 

 

Jongin sighs and shakes his head, looking down. 

 

Kyungsoo watches him out the corner of his eye. He smiles gently and leans, slowly slowly, until his head rests on Jongin’s shoulder. 

 

The boy tenses for a second, but then he relaxes and leans his head on top of Kyungsoo’s own. 

 

“You overthink things.” Kyungsoo murmurs, inhaling the sweet smell of Jongin’s neck. His eyelids start to droop, an unfortunate side effect of being so relaxed in Jongin’s embrace. 

 

Jongin chuckles softly and Kyungsoo feels the smile against his hair. “Maybe I do. That’s just who I am. I do wonder though just… what if— what if the Plan is wrong? These people, we possibly tear their lives apart. We make sure they never meet people who could change their lives forever. We keep them so fixed on what someone somewhere has decided is the way their story should unfold but what if, what if the Plan—“ 

 

“—What if the Plan’s wrong. You said.” Kyungsoo finishes dully. 

 

Jongin gulps. “O-or… what if it… changes. Even we have no idea what our Plan will be. The Chairman could suddenly change his mind and then we’d be… they’d take you away from me. Any possible way they could, they— they could reset you and then… then what would I do.” 

 

They both fall silent. There’s always been that black cloud hanging over their relationship ever since the early days, although they rarely talk about it. 

 

“Well… we know we were meant to be together, because we are together.” Kyungsoo says, pulling back to look Jongin in the eye. 

 

Jongin looks pained. “We’re meant to be together now. We’ve seen plans change, Soo. We’ve seen engagements, even marriages break up. Just because we’re together here and now doesn’t mean we always will be. And that… God, Soo, that scares the hell out of me.” Tears brim at the corners of Jongin’s eyelids. 

 

Kyungsoo reaches over and tangles their fingers together, turning to face Jongin completely. “That’s not going to happen. I just— I can feel it. I don’t care what any Plan anywhere says, you and I— we’ll be together forever.”  He finds that he really, truly means that. 

 

Jongin laughs wetly, and he brushes a few stray tears away from the corners of his eyes. “I love you, Soo.” 

 

“I love you too, you silly old bean.” Kyungsoo says fondly before he wraps his arms round Jongin’s waist and hugs him tightly. 

 

Jongin squeezes back, nuzzling into Kyungsoo’s hair. “Who do you think the Chairman is? Do you think we work with him? Do you think he acts like a normal agent and he goes around unnoticed?” 

 

“I bet it’s Junmyeon. He’s such a bossy little arse…” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Far, far away in her office, the Chairman smiles at the scene unfolding. Curiosity gets the better of her, and she finds herself looking at the Plans of Do Kyungsoo and Kim Jongin. 

 

She follows the lines, sees everything is going accordingly and then— she just has to check something. 

 

She flicks to the back of the book, and sees the date is a good sixty years in the future. Kyungsoo and Jongin’s Plans are still working in sync, and in harmony, and a quick flick through the book shows the Chairman that that is pretty much how the plan stays for their entire lives. 

 

There are of course a few ups and downs, but as they say the course of true love never did run smooth, and anyway the solid red line indicating an unbroken, loving relationship continues throughout the entire book. 

 

Cases of true love as strong as this one are rare, and it’s nice to see. The Chairman smiles and kicks her feet up on to her desk. All in a day’s work. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

unedited btw :) 

 

come have a folla and a holla: 

 

twitter 

 

tumblr 

 

livejournal