Final

We've Never Met, But

“We’ve never met, but can we have a coffee or something?”

Too smooth.

Too smooth, the black haired boy cursed inside, closing his eyes in embarrassment almost straight away.

In that few seconds of darkness caused by the brief dead of his ocular sense, Yoongi could feel the frozen air on his skin, subtle and cold. He sighed, already regretting. Yoongi decided to open his eyes again, to watch his boots over the frozen sidewalk, perfect concrete slabs, flat and square, avoiding the person in front of him and whatever answer he had to deal with later.

For some reason, Yoongi couldn’t get over the fact that there was a boy standing alone on the sidewalk, five meters away from him. Not because the boy was almost his height and definitely younger than him –Yoongi convinced long time ago, not because he had a light blonde hair that parted exactly in the middle, and definitely not because of how thick his jackets and scarf were –that made Yoongi snorted at how the boy literally drowned in his own clothes.

It was because he was smiling.

His eyes were twin crescents, his teeth were perfectly showed in between lips. And the fact that the boy was smiling at the falling snow made Yoongi almost rolled his eyes. Almost.

But then their eyes met and Yoongi’s thought of rolling his eyes was dismayed just like that. And Yoongi swore he almost felt something. Almost. But then a snow landed on the boy’s nose, just like that he was smiling again.

His eyes were twin crescents. And maybe he was happy because of winter, too happy in Yoongi’s liking.

Too bright it was an assault to the winter, Yoongi muttered.

The horn of a car pulled Yoongi’s mind back to the present. And the smile was gone, and the winter was cold. But Yoongi had walked the five meters apart, but Yoongi had the courage to talk to the boy –asked him to have some coffee to be precise.

I swear if he said no, Imma-

“Okay.”

“What?”

“Let’s have coffee or something.”

And there the boy was, not five meters apart but right upon Yoongi’s slight myopic eyes.

Smiling.

Too bright.

“My name is Park Jimin, by the way.”

---

The air is thick with the scent of coffee and although Yoongi enjoyed it as much as everyone else in the café, he couldn’t bring himself to touch the black coffee in front of him. Not when it was an instant muck, served in warm, inside a clay mug just to be matched with the obsolete concept of the café.

 “You look kind of pasty,” Park Jimin greeted, a similar mug with hot chocolate was in front of him.

“I live in an abyss, miles under the surface of the sea.”

Park Jimin scoffed, “Funny.”

Yoongi threw his gaze outside, he wished he was the guy who was passing a minute ago, with Starbuck’s tumbler in his hand, and at least he could get a decent Americano there.

 “I’m not homeless, you know?”

“I know.” Park Jimin was being skeptical in Yoongi’s opinion.

Yoongi sipped his coffee only to demur it in the same second. It was worse than his thought it would be. Yoongi knew he was spoilt, used to the finest beans, the best flavor indeed. And he remembered his deadline was tonight, and that day was the coldest in winter, and his ankles were already hurting since morning, and what Yoongi asked was just a noble cup of Americano.

“Are you up to something?” Park Jimin said, not bother to hide the suspicious stress.

“I’m always up to something. It’s a condition of my existence.”

There was a huff from Park Jimin.

But no, Yoongi couldn’t bring himself to hate the café, even if the mugs were served without a smile. He couldn’t even loath at the ty liquid in his mug and whatever taste that it came with.

Not when there was a gorgeous boy in front of him, sight-seeing the road at the other side of the glass wall, with a drop of chocolate on the edge of his lips. Not when he was day dreaming with a slight quirked up lips. Maybe he was just happy about winter, or because the hot chocolate was yummy –Yoongi doubt that. But he was smiling.

Park Jimin then closed his eyes and started to hum a song Yoongi’s never heard. And Yoongi thought the deadline could wait, and he thought that day was not that cold, and he thought his ankles were fine. And abruptly all of the bitterness and caffeine were no longer a refugee Yoongi was looking for.

“You’re beautiful.”

“Y’know, all beautiful people are secretly aliens. It’s one of many things the government doesn’t want you to know.”

“Okay, if beauty makes you an alien. Then, you’re cute.”

“Are you flirting with me?”

“Well, it’s about time you noticed.”

“Hey, I only came to this summoning for the free coffee or something.”

And he laughed.

“My name is Min Yoongi, by the way.”

 

a/n not proof-read bc im lazy, sorry :)