final

my favorite record is you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It’s o’clock and Moonbin thought it was probably his smartest idea yet to drag Eunwoo into watching a drama with him. If Eunwoo didn’t hold such a questionably soft spot for the boy, he wouldn’t have caved to Moonbin’s adorable pout and stash of all things sugar and junk food – forget the fact that they really shouldn’t even own these snacks in the first place but the foodie in Moonbin has revealed new perspectives of hiding such goods (Eunwoo keeps his mouth zipped on such knowledge). Except Moonbin also never actually thinks his midnight adventures through so Eunwoo finds himself huddled under a blanket next to the younger boy straining his eyes to watch…what was it again? Some Weightlifting Fairy. Whoever titles these dramas really needs to reevaluate their notion of creativity.

 

“Why are we in my bed? Wouldn’t this be better on the upper bunk?” Eunwoo gestures to the scattered and open bags of candy and chips with a slight grimace but ends up mumbling when Moonbin shuts him up with a chip.

 

“Well, I don’t want crumbs on my bed” Moonbin cheekily quips, cleanly dodging Eunwoo’s swatting hand.

 

Eunwoo grumbles and pointedly decides to ignore the disgustingly cute giggles from Moonbin, never mind that they are making him squeal internally. He distracts himself by readjusting his elbows and tries to comfortably cradle his head in the palms of his hand. Focusing his attention back to the screen, he snorts when he sees the scene.

 

“Did he really think that sausage would be his finger?”

 

Moonbin doesn’t miss a beat in punching Eunwoo’s shoulder, “Shh!”

 

But instead of smacking Moonbin back, as Eunwoo would have done this late into the night when he’s ready to fall asleep dead to the world and really should have no patience for the bundle of adorableness and impudence that is Moonbin, Eunwoo smiles softly to himself and makes the mistake of looking up to see Moonbin’s reaction.

 

His breath catches in his throat.

 

The light dances gleefully across Moonbin’s concentrated features. Bare faced, glasses perched on his cute nose, thin lips stretched to an endearing grin which have caused his heart to flip flop numerous times when a pout graces it instead, Moonbin is the tune Eunwoo hums in his head when he’s lying in bed at three in the morning thinking of how tiring everything is and how much he misses home – his favorite record that Eunwoo plays on repeat in his heart when he feels alone and needs strength to go on. But Moonbin is also his fellow band member, the same boy who holds the heavy weight of Astro on his shoulders as a vocalist and dancer of prowess, with a certain image to uphold in front of the public.

 

But right now, he’s Moon Bin and he’s the boy Eunwoo has unknowingly fallen for after months of exhausting dance practice and straining vocal lessons, nights of choked up tears and laughter as they bonded over memories and food. He’s not sure what he did exactly to gain Moonbin’s friendship but he knows he would’ve been helplessly lost and not the Lee Dongmin he is now without it. Eunwoo sighs into the comfort of his hands, in a dazed fashion, and it doesn’t escape Moonbin’s notice.

 

“Is there something on my face?” Moonbin stares back at Eunwoo, distracting the older boy further by leaning a bit into Eunwoo’s side and frowning at the likely prospect.

 

“Ye-yeah” Eunwoo shakily says and doesn’t think before he’s lifting a hand to thumb away imaginary crumbs at the corner of Moonbin’s lips. Reality has however fallen far too downhill when he realizes his thumb has absentmindedly strayed to the middle of Moonbin’s lips and has grazed the parted lips purposefully.

 

“Sorry,” Eunwoo mumbles before withdrawing his lingering hand along with his feelings and unconsciously curls upon himself a little under the security of their shared blanket. Moonbin says nothing to him but the light of the laptop amid the general darkness does reveal the shy smile present on Moonbin’s lips.

 

They say nothing to each other for the next five minutes and frankly,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter