Look at me

Look at me

“Jiminie-ya!”, Taemin shouted and his steps got faster as he was approaching to Jimin. “I’ve been looking for you for ages. Where have you been? I couldn’t find you in the waiting room.”


“We had a live stream outside”, replied Jimin. “What is the matter, sunbae?”, he said happily and his signature eye smile appeared on his face.


“I told you to open your eyes wider! “


“Stop teasing me…”


“I’m just kidding!”, Taemin laughed and pat Jimin’s arm.
Jimin blushed immediately but tried to hide it by hanging his head down. He scratched his forehead and looked back on his sunbae.

“By the way,” started Taemin, “why are you so formal with me again? I told you to call me hyung. You don’t have to be so polite, I thought we got closer during our practice…”

“I apologize… It’s because I’m still looking up to you very much and…”

“Come on. You did a great job today. The reason why I was running around after you is I wanted to congratulate you on such a great show! You did your best during the performance. I can’t wait to see the record of you dancing solo… I’m really looking forward to our next collaboration!”

Jimin smiled even more brightly and nodded. “It was an honour to work with you.”

“Haha. You truly are adorable, Jiminie.” Taemin looked at his watch and sighed. “I have to go by now… But I have something to tell you… Could we meet in about twenty minutes in your waiting room?”

“Sure.”

“See ya!”

While Taemin was walking away, Jimin stood at the same place and stared for a while at his hyung making large steps towards the dressing room.

 

An hour later Jimin was still waiting for Taemin, although it didn’t seem for him to come. He felt angry, yet a little bit hurt and distressed. He checked his phone, but not even a single notification was shown. Yet another promise he didn’t keep…, Jimin started taking of his shirt and looking for something to change. He wore
a black sweatshirt and jeans. Then he checked himself in the mirror. “What is wrong with this guy…”, he murmured. “I’ve never noticed my eyes were too small, why is he being so picky…”

Jimin caught himself on this thought again. He was trying so hard to spend as much time as possible with Taemin, but he always had been busy with something else… On stage and during the music programmes he acted cute and affectionate, but when they only went backstage he suddenly was in a rush and didn’t have
a second for a simple chat. Why does he have to be like this…
 

The door opened.

“Sorry, I’m late!”

Jimin looked at the door.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry…”

“What?” Jimin was surprised.

“I didn’t want you to get mad…”

“What are you-“

“I can see you’re angry. You always make that… Face.”

“What face?”, Jimin looked in the mirror again, but didn’t see anything unusual about his look.”

Taemin smirked.

“Don’t tell me you…”

“I’ve heard everything. You should stop talking to yourself, it’s unhealthy.” Black haired boy came closer and hugged Jimin from behind. “To be honest, I find your puppy eyes cute. It makes you special."

“It’s okay, you don’t have to lie.”

“I’m not saying that only because I don’t want you to be mad at me.”

“Then why?”

The boys were staring at each other’s reflection in the mirror.

Taemin let go of Jimin and started fixing his own hair.

Jimin sighed. “What are you doing? I think you had something to tell me? If there is nothing you’d like to say then let me go. I was going to leave.”

 “I guess I’ll have to tell you then…”

What on earth is he thinking. Jimin was getting really upset. He made me wait for him for more than an hour, yet he just wastes more of my time… His mind was a mess. 

“Come here.”

Jimin took a few steps forward.

“Closer!”

Jimin sighed and took a few steps more.

Then Taemin hugged him very tight. He tends to hug him pretty often, but this time there was something different about the way he was doing it. Jimin could barely feel it, but his hyung’s body was slightly shaking. He put his head on his shoulder and recognized the smell of the perfume he bought him on birthday. Jimin’s heart skipped a bit. I'm feeling dizzy...

Taemin would piss him off pretty often, but he was the only person towards whom he developed such a warm feelings. Jimin was a very hardworking person, but sometimes he lacked confidence. However, since the first time he met Taemin he began to view him as a role model.

“I’m so tired.”

“Hm?” Jimin thought he misheard him.

“I’m tired,” Taemin repeated.

Jimin took sunbae’s hand and sat him on the couch.

“It’s been a long day. Do you need some water?”

“That’s not it. I’m not talking about today, jeez…”

“Then what’s wrong?”

“Who am I for you?”

“What?”

“Just answer the goddamn question.”

“You’re my sunbae. My… Friend.”

“Uhm. That’s what I thought,” Taemin kept his eyes lowered while he was standing up and fixed his bangs. “I’ll be going now.”

“Wait!” said Jimin and grabbed Taemin’s hand. “I don’t understand…”

“Never mind. See you later.”

He left and closed the door behind him.

Jimin stayed in the room alone.

What’s just happened? And what is that “see you later” thing? God knows when our schedules will let us meet again… Jimin was devastated. He didn’t know whether he’s done or said something wrong. Taemin had never behaved that way before. The frustration grew even bigger at the thought he wasn’t sure when he would be able to meet hyung again.

---

A month passed and Jimin still didn’t receive any message from Taemin. He really wanted to text him himself, but thought it wouldn’t be appropriate after their last conversation.

Evenings were the hardest to bare, he had to keep himself busy until it was very late to avoid overthinking. One of these evenings, when he was practicing alone, he received a phone call.

“Hello?”

“It’s me.”

“Sunbae?”

“I’m waiting for you in front of the company.”

“W-what?”

Taemin hang out.

Jimin went downstairs and saw a familiar posture.

“What are you doing here?” Jimin couldn’t hide his excitement. “I thought you were angry with me… I wanted to call you, but-”, he didn’t manage to finish his sentence.

“We’ll be having a next project together!”

He grabbed Jimin’s hands and smiled widely. His eyes were shining.

Jimin looked at him and couldn’t resist, but smiled too.

“That’s awesome. When are we going to start the practice? And what is this project about?”

“It’s UDF. We’ll be a modern dance duo.”

“Aah, I see. This may be really interesting.”

“We’ll start our practice tomorrow.”

“What?! Nobody told me about that. And tomorrow is my day off…”

“Not anymore! It just came out, so your manager probably didn’t get to tell you about this yet… He might be looking for you now, though.”

“Oh . He’s going to be mad when he won’t find me in the building. I have to go.” Jimin run towards the company.

“Weren’t you happy to see me?” shouted Taemin.

Jimin didn’t respond, since he was already closing the door behind him.

---

The next day Taemin woke up very early and couldn’t hide his excitement. He went to work by a car and waited for Jimin in the hallway.

“Jiminie-ya!”

“Good morning, hyung!” said Jimin and handed his sunbae a cup of hot coffee.

“Thank you, Jiminie.” The choreographer is already waiting in the practice room. Shall we go then?”

“Sure.”

Jimin was wearing a black hoodie and sweatpants. He looked cute with his untidy hair and sleepy expression on his face. In contrary, Taemin looked pretty energetic. And definitely not like he was going to work out. He was wearing an expensive suit and did a really nice hairstyle. However, as soon as they said hi to the choreographer, he went to the changing room and wore a white t-shirt along with black sweatpants.

The practice began and the choreography appeared to be pretty complicated. There was even a part, where Taemin had to lift Jimin so he would jump higher and make a spin after that. It was hard to keep steady and Taemin had to be careful to hold him in right place.

They worked hard until the sun went down and were too tired to talk. They just changed their clothes in silence and left the company.

“You did a great job, Jiminie.”

“You too, hyung.”

“I will pick you up.”

“Thank you, but someone from our company will do it.”

“Come on. Just call them and say you’ll come back with me.”

“Uhm… I don’t know.”

“Alright.” Taemin looked disappointed and rushed to his car.

“Wait! Actually… I’ll go with you, ok?” Jimin took his phone out of his pocket and made
a call.

A few minutes later Jimin was in Taemin’s car.

They drove in silence.

“Drop me off here, I want to take a walk.”

“Okay.”

Taemin parked the car and opened Jimin’s door.

“Get a good rest and see you tomorrow.”

“Hyung…”

“Yea?”

“I had a great day today.”

“Me too, you’re doing very well. I’m proud of you.”

“Thank you… See you tomorrow.”

“Bye.”

Jimin played some music on a shuffle and put on headphones. He walked to his dorm slowly and thought about the practice. I have to do my best tomorrow. I don’t want to disappoint hyung…

---

Taemin was lying in bed and looking at the ceiling. He was thinking about Jimin. He didn’t know when he developed such a deep feelings towards his younger friend. But he was afraid those weren’t just a friendship feelings. He wasn’t able to see Jimin for just a month and in that time he would caught himself thinking about their last meeting a lot. He missed not only Jimin but his body. He wished he could hug him again and feel the pressure between their chests. He missed his delicate scent and soft skin of his small hands. Today, when they could finally meet again, the feeling of longing grew paradoxically bigger. I can’t have him. He doesn’t feel the same about me. I won’t make him fall in love with me. He really sees me just as a friend… Taemin closed his eyes and reminded himself this dozen of times he had to hold Jimin’s waist during the practice. They were almost the same height, but Jimin’s body felt very light. I really can’t wait to see him again.

---

Next day Jimin came to the company before Taemin.

“Hyung!”

“Hello,” Taemin uttered lifelessly.

“What happened, hyung?”

“I didn’t sleep well this night. I had a bad headache.”

“Oh dear, are you ok?”

“I’m fine. I just need to drink some coffee.”

During the practice Taemin couldn’t focus his mind and it impinged on his skills.

Today they were working alone, since they remembered the choreography last day. The teacher was going to see how they’re doing next day.

“Hold me a little bit lower, hyung.”

“I’m sorry. Let’s try it again.”

Jimin did a straight hitch kick and a rotation and when Taemin was supposed to lift him, he missed the moment and made Jimin fall on him.

Jimin was lying down with his one knee between Taemin’s legs. He tried to keep a balance, so Taemin found himself between Jimin’s arms. Taemin starred into his younger friend's eyes. His face turned red as he started to feel a tension. Jimin's hair were stuck to the forehead, he breathed through his mouth fast. Taemin couldn't resist, but fix his hubae's hair. Jimin stopped breathing for a few seconds. Then he sprang up and kept on apologizing. Taemin didn’t say anything. While Jimin was standing up, he tried to grab his hand, but fortunately, Jimin didn’t notice it and just helped Taemin to get up.

“I’m so sorry, hyung. Are you okay?”

“That’s my fault. Don’t apologize. Does anything hurt you?”

“No, I’m okay. I’m so-”

“Let’s take a break. I’ll go to the bathroom.”

Taemin left the practice room and washed his face in the washbasin. He was hot and . “I need to calm the down,” he said to himself while wiping his face. “We have a work to do, I need to focus on dancing, although it’s almost impossible now…”

He came back to the practice room, but nobody was there. He found a note left by Jimin on the mirror. It said: “Sunbae, I’m very sorry I disappointed you. I promise I will do my best next time. I guess you would prefer not to see me now, so I’ll just go to my dorm now. It’s very late already too. Please, go home and take a rest. I apologize.”

“That stupid boy…,” murmured Taemin. He ran downstairs to stop him from going home by himself.

“Jimin-ya!”

Jimin was surprised and almost tripped.

“What do you think you’re doing? Your driver will come in an hour. Were you going to go by foot? Get in the car.”

Jimin listened to his sunbae and sat in the car obediently.

“I’m not angry with you. I’ve never been angry with you. Not even once.”

Jimin sat quietly and lowered his gaze.

“I’ve had a hard time lately. I’m a little tired, that’s why our practice didn’t go well.”

“Is there anything I could do for you?” Jimin sounded very worried.

“I don’t think so…”

“Maybe we’ll go out together and drink some soju?”

It was a really good idea for Taemin to spend a little bit more time with Jimin. However, since he had a really weak alcohol tolerance, he hesitated for a while. Who knows if he wouldn’t say too much when drunk. Soju might give him too much courage.

“Okay, but we’ll drink just one bottle. We have a work to do tomorrow.”

“Great! Turn left in the next alley.”

---

Taemin woke up wearing the clothes he had on yesterday. He was thirsty and a headache was killing him.

A male voice came from across the room.

“You finally woke up!”

“What are you doing here?”

“I made you a breakfast.”

“You can cook?”

Taemin and Jimin were staring at each other without a word.

“I’m sorry.” Taemin tried to clear up his mind. He had a hangover and couldn’t really focus on what was happening. “Could you help me recall how you got to my apartment?”

“You asked me to go with you.”

Holy . I knew it wasn’t a good idea to drink with him.

“You could barely walk, so we took a taxi and came here. I didn’t want to leave you alone, because you didn’t look very well… I thought I’d stay and take care of you,” Jimin continued, as he noticed a confusion on Taemin’s face. 

“I hope I didn’t do anything stupid.”

“Don’t worry,” Jimin laughed. “You were quite adorable.”

A bright smile appeared on his face and Taemin almost choked on his tea.

“This kid is gonna kill me someday,” he murmured.

“What?”

“Nothing. I’ll take a shower, we have to hurry to get to the company on time.”

“I’m actually ready. I just need to...”

“Ok, so wait for me in the kitchen.”

Taemin rushed to the bathroom and shut the door. He took of his clothes and washed his body quickly. Then he changed his clothes, put on some cream on his face and went to the kitchen. Jimin wasn’t there, though. Instead of calling him, he went to the bedroom. Jimin was standing in front of Taemin’s wardrobe with no t-shirt on. Taemin didn’t care about what Jimin was looking for, he was too busy trying to grasp some air after seeing him half-.

Taemin decided to pretend nothing happened and left the room. He entered the kitchen and called Jimin.

The boy was surprised that sunbae has managed to get ready so fast and was afraid to get caught. He instantly put everything on its place and run to the kitchen.

“I’m sorry, I was…”

“Never mind, we have to go.”

“But your car…”

“What about my car?”

“It’s parked next to the bar.”

Suddenly, something different captured Taemin’s attention.

“Are you wearing my t-shirt?”

Jimin blushed and lowered his eyes.

“I borrowed it when you were in the bathroom, are you mad?”

“It’s ok. I should have offered you something to change, sorry. Let’s go by foot and after the practice I’ll take a taxi to get my car.”

That day they worked with the choreographer and their practice came out pretty good. They developed their skills to the point their dance was almost flawless.

In the evening they went to the changing room together.

“Hyung…”

“What’s up?” Taemin tried to look in the opposite direction. The morning experience he had that day confirmed him even more that his feelings toward Jimin were quite unusual.

“Would you mind if I came over again today?”

“Why? I mean… Aren’t you supposed to go back to your dorm?”

“It’s much closer to the company from your apartment…”

Taemin’s heart was pounding like crazy. He started to fix his hair nervously and turned around slowly to look at Jimin. Hopefully he’s dressed up already, he thought.

Jimin was holding Taemin’s t-shirt in one hand and scratched his chest with the other.

Taemin’s eyes widened up. He couldn’t help but gulped an bit his lip.

“Something’s wrong? I’m sorry if it’s a bother…” Jimin looked embarrassed with what he asked about.

“It’s no bother. You can come over if you want to. I’ll be waiting in the hallway.”

Taemin left the changing room and used a phone app to order a taxi. He’s hands were shaking. He tried to breathe deeper in order to calm down his rapid heartbeat.

“I should have said no,” he whispered to himself. But I don’t want to miss any chance to spend more time with Jimin. And the thought of being able to see him sleeping makes me tremble with excitement.

 

“Do you have anything to drink?” asked Jimin right after he entered Taemin’s house.

“I have a water and some grape juice…”

“I mean something like an alcohol.”

“There is a bottle of soju in the closet above the oven. But hey, we have to get up early tomorrow!”

But Jimin was already halfway in drinking the alcohol straight from the bottle.

“You’re behaving a little bit strange….”

Jimin finished the soju and put the bottle on the table. He lost a little bit of a balance, but managed to get it back.

“I have something to tell you,” he stated.

“Go one,” Taemin looked a little concerned and curious at the same time. What is this kid doing? He’s always been so shy.

“Actually, that.”

Jimin took off his shirt with a single move and grabbed Taemin’s hair.

He hesitated for a while, but didn’t notice any resistance, so he pressed his lips against Taemin’s. The sweetness was killing him from the inside.

He wanted to do that a long time ago. He wanted to have Taemin for himself.

But he didn’t know that Taemin wanted the same thing. Even though it happened so unexpectedly, they both were feeling the pleasure.

Jimin started ing his hyung’s shirt. He took it off and threw it on the floor. His hand ran down Taemin’s chest.

“I love you,” whispered Jimin to his ear and made him lie down on the couch.

They pressed their bodies against eachother.

Jimin's soft breath made Taemin shiver.