Chapter 1

Don't Look At Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

    “I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.” -Coco Chanel

 

It was raining.

    The blue skies was replaced by the stormy gray clouds, and the loud thunder made her head ache. The lightning seemed to shoot across parts of the sky, almost making the scene outside the window seem like some sort of modern, abstract art. Ones that people don’t like to buy.

She ran along the sidewalk, and she grasped her bookbag over her head, to shield herself from the rain, but it didn’t seem to help her much at all. She hoped that her papers and books wouldn’t get soaked, but she knew that there was a good chance they already were. It was already hard to see out of her wet glasses, but she kept running to the bus stop. She prayed that the bus wouldn’t miss her and go.

She took another right, and she saw the stop out of the corner of her eye. There were people lining up to get on it, and...she ran faster. She couldn’t miss this bus, the next one was in an hour, and she didn’t have an hour. The water soaked her socks which caused the disgusting sloshy feeling of the wet fabric between her toes, and she knew that the people around her were giving her more crazy stares than usual, but she ignored them. She stumbled to a stop at the outside of the bus entrance, and threaded her way up the bus’ steps. She understood that everyone was looking at the crazy schoolgirl who had just made her way onto the bus, but she still pulled out her trac card out to scan. There were no empty seats left.

Dammit.

She was too exhausted to check her books and papers, and preferred just to breath for the next half hour. She tried to remember all the words that were going to be on that English exam, but her brain didn’t feel like soaking anything. She fished out the index cards she made the other night out her bookbag. She was surprised that only some of her papers were soaked, but unfortunately her cards were not in the best shape.

She cradled the cards to avoid ripping them, and gently turned the  cards to practice her English. She hoped that the English Midterm was not going to be so hard, since it was the only subject she was bad at. It was so different from Korean, and English just sounded awkward out of compared to her other classmates. But then again, her classmates barely talked to her.

Time passes quickly when you need it most. She hated it.

She stepped off the bus, and stared into her school. She heard laughter and chatter in the distance, and she trudged her ways toward the entrance of hell. Everyone hated her in school. And she hated everyone in school.

People still stare at the strange, as if they can’t get used to the feeling. It only to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter