Missed Chances

Searching For You

*Short Jimin POV* 

"Brian!" 

I turned and smiled when I saw who it was that was calling for me. "You're here? I thought you were busy." 

I get asked all the time is American life bothers me. If they would have asked me 10 years ago, I would have said yes. But I've adjusted. The only thing that I still hate more than anything even after 15 years of living here... Is that my name had to change. I had to use the name Brian whenever I was out and about with friends or anyone other than family. Never will I get use to it. I hate it still. 

"I am, I just had to get the company some coffee." One of my friends since I moved here, Asher, ran up to me with a coffee holder full of coffee in his hands. "What are you doing wandering around here?" 

"I don't know." My English was, of course, much better and my accent went away over time. My tongue slips a bit here and there because of my native language but it's not that big of a deal. "I guess I'm just wandering my old town streets." 

"Do you miss it? I thought you hated this house." 

"I do. With a passion." I answered a bit flatly. "But it is still nice to come and every now and then. "Look, see, that's the guy that now lives in our house. He's close friends with my dad." 

"Speaking of your dad, do you still live with him?" 

"I live with them, yes." 

"When are you moving out?" 

I glanced down at the ground and chuckled a bit. "When I get enough to move back to my home country. I have someone that I'm dying to see." 

"That girl again? Do you think she waited for you all these years?" 

"Of course not. We were too young." I sighed, bringing my eyes back up to him. "But I haven't forgotten her in the slightest so I want to revive our friendship and try for something more if I can." 

"So you do like her still?" 

"I think this classifies as love by now, doesn't it? I liked her back then because I didn't know any better but if I still feel the same all these years later, then it's love, isn't it?" 

"A dangerous love, that's what." He huffed. "Don't hope too much. She probably has someone by now." 

"I'm happy if she's just willing to be my friend." I shook my head. 

"Well, I'll be off. Seems like your dad's friend is coming over to you." 

I waved Asher off and noticed he was right. "Hello." I greeted him with a wave as well. "Nice to see you." 

He paused in front of me and handed me something. "I saw you out here when I was mowing the lawn. I ran back in just to give this to you." 

"What are these?" I took the envelope from him with wide eyes. "The stamp says Korea." 

"I'm sorry, I read them. But these people seem like people that know you and want to get a hold of you." 

I smiled widely and opened the letter, reading that it was from Taehyung. "Taehyung found out my old house address?" 

He hesitated a bit. "There was another letter too but after I called the number to tell them that I didn't know where you lived now, my daughter got a hold of the letter and disposed of it." 

My heart fell a bit. "Do you remember who sent it?" 

"I don't really know how to pronounce the name but Kang Seo Ha?" 

"Seo Ha?" I dropped the letter in my hands, my heart aching a bit. 

"You must know them well... I'm really sorry I lost the other letter." He pulled out his phone. "But this is the number that was given to me. You can copy it down and give them a call." 

My face lit up and I copied the number into my phone, picking Taehyung's letter back up afterwards. "Thank you so much. I am a bit upset you lost the other letter but you've managed to run into me today to give me as much information as you could so it doesn't matter." 

"Alright, I'll be going then. It was pure luck I saw you today." He chuckled and then wandered back to his house. 

Seo Ha... I dialed the number with no hesitation. 

"Hello?" A male voice sounded in Korean. 

I slipped into my native language pretty quickly and smiled a bit while doing so. "Is this Kang Seo Ha's phone?" 

"Who is this?" 

"Park Jimin." 

The other voice hesitated a bit and didn't answer for a while. "Yes." 

"Is she there?" My heart fluttered a bit. I wonder what she looks like now... What she sounds like... How she acts... I'm so curious.

Another moment of silence. "No."

I frowned. "When will she be back?" 

"I'm not sure." 

"Can I ask who's speaking?" 

"Why do you need Seo Ha?" 

I guess he doesn't want to tell me. "I'm her friend, well, a friend from the past." 

"You expect me to believe that?" 

I chuckled nervously a bit. "Well, I do know her. I'm actually moving back to Korea soon and I wanted to tell her that. Can you just have her call me back?" 

"Sure." 

"Than--" He hung up on me before I could finish my sentence. 

I guess he's not real friendly with strangers. 

*End of Jimin POV* 

--

"You expect me to believe that?" Taehyung spoke into my phone. "Sure." 

"Who was that?" I asked as he hung up. 

He jumped a bit and then smiled his rectangular smile. "I don't know. Someone who wanted money probably."

"Ah, I get calls like that a lot." I sighed. 

Taehyung blocked and deleted the number off my phone and gave it back. "Now you won't get the spam calls anymore." 

"Thanks, Tae." I took my phone from him. "So, did you make a lot of money yet?"

"Yup! 300000 (250ish USD) won!" 

I widened my eyes. "How...?" 

"I sold a lot of those boxes and got paid." 

"Speaking of getting paid... I never see you go to work." 

"Cause I quit." 

"Then how'd you get paid?" 

"I received my paycheck... And then I quit." He chuckled a bit like it was obvious. 

"Why?" 

"We're going to be going to America to find Jiminie, so I don't need that job anymore." 

"Maybe." 

"You promised that if I made the money, we would." He pulled out the wad of cash. "And I already have a huge start and it's only day four."

"Yeah, out of 7. Good luck." I tsked at him and put my phone in my pocket. "Yah, let's go try and sell some of those boxes so we can use the truck for other things." 

"Like what?" 

"Like other things." I laughed a bit. "Come on, Tae." 

He skipped after me like a child and we started to get to work by trying to sell off the boxes at various sites. 

We weren't technically legally selling them but.. No one legally sells things anymore. 

-- 

"I'm honestly exhausted, Tae." I flopped down on the couch only to grumble when Taehyung squishes himself on top of me. "Yah, get off. I'm dying..." 

"What? Did you hear something?" Taehyung stretched and laughed a little before I kicked him off the couch. 

I glanced down at him on the floor and smirked. "Dummy." 

He giggled and stayed on the floor, rolling on his back so he could look up at me. "I have a question." 

"Hm?" 

"How soon can we go once I get the money?" 

"Why? Excited to see Jimin?" 

"For you, I guess so." He frowned a bit. "You should comfort me, I did something bad." 

"What was it?" I frowned down at him as well. 

"I was worried... So I did something bad. But I don't want to tell you what I did." 

"Did you do something bad to me?" 

"N-no." He hesitated. "It's just... I feel bad so I don't want to say it just yet. And the worse part is... I keep doing it. Even right now, I'm doing it." 

"Well, let's start with the first thing." I sighed. "Why does it worry you?" 

"Someone I like might be taken away from me again." He spoke very blankly. 

"Okay that's your first problem. You need to tell this person that you like them before they get the chance to go to someone else. Also, you need to stop messing around with liking me if you like someone else. They might get the wrong idea." 

He looked at me with clear frustration and then stood up, looking down at me this time. "I won't feel as bad if I continue to act oblivious to what I did. I'll just take that and go." 

"Why are you mad at me?" I sat up with a pout. "I'm trying to help you! You like someone so I want you to be as successful as you can!" 

"I don't think you do." He sighed, slipping on his jacket. "I'm going out. I'll be back later." 

"But it's late and you're tired." I grabbed my jacket as well and followed him. "Yah, I didn't mean to frustrate you more." 

"It's not you. I'm just frustrated." He shook his head at me and shut the door in my face so I wouldn't follow him.

Boo. Pouty Tae. 

--

The week passed and I was for sure Taehyung didn't meet the goal. But... I was wrong, somehow. 

"You really... Made the money?" I stared at him in disbelief. "No way..." 

"Ta-da!" He took out a box and bumped the cash inside onto the table. "You didn't say I couldn't borrow from my parents. Tee-hee! My family is rich too." 

"Cheater..." I bit my lip. 

"But I actually made half of this regardless of the little borrow I did." He put his hands on his hips. "Let's go to America! It can be a vacation of sorts, not just looking for Jiminie." 

"Jiminie..." I giggled a bit and then nodded. "You made the money so let's go. When would you like to leave?" 

"Mm... Friday!" 

"3 days from now?" I widened my eyes with shock. "Yah..." 

"Come on!!" 

"Okay, okay. Friday it is. We'll pack later tonight." I hit his arm. "You idiot.. I didn't think you'd actually do it." 

"I want to go to America!" He got excited and jumped around. "I've never been there!" 

"Me either." I giggled again. "What about the girl you like? You're going to leave her?" 

"She's going to." He looked me dead in the eye, serious for only a moment before he broke into a smile. 

I shook my head with disapproval. "Let's go talk to your parents." My heart ached a bit at the word but I shook it off and grabbed his arm. "Come on." 

We slipped outside and into his truck, driving to our old street to go talk to his parents. 

We're this much closer to finding Jimin but... America is a big place, I really doubt we'd find him. 

But like Tae said, it's better that we try and if we don't find him, at least we got a little vacation. 

And I swear... I will get a job when I get back. It's so boring not working. 

We arrived at his house and ran inside. Taehyung sought out his mother and just couldn't contain his excitement as he jumped up and down like a kid. 

"What is it? Yah." She got annoyed pretty fast and brushed him off. "Your father isn't home if you want money." 

"We're going to America!" 

"Ah, really?" She lit up, looking at me with a smile. "Is it a couples trip? Are you going to come back married? Or... Pregnant?" 

"YAH!" I yowled, flushing. "Nothing like that, mom!" I often called her mom as well since I was just that close to his family. "We're going to look for Jimin and to have a little vacation." 

Taehyung pouted and whispered in her ear. She turned around and smacked his head, tsking at him. "What?" He shrugged. 

"Well, I'm glad you two are going nonetheless." She smiled at me again. "I hope you find Jimin. Taehyung always tells me how much you want to find the kid." 

"He's older than me." I mumbled. "He's not a kid anymore." 

"True true." She sighed loudly and walked away. "Oh how time flies... Where is my life?" 

Taehyung watched her leave and then shrugged again. "They don't care where I go." 

"I know but it was worth it to let her know regardless. Don't you think so?" 

"Sure." He sighed. "Let's wait for dad. He'll show a bit more enthusiasm. Maybe." 

"Sure thing, Tae." I smiled and we went into the living room, sitting on the couch together and turning the channel from the shopping network to a drama channel. 

"This episode again?" He grumbled. "When will they air the new one?" 

"Never." I joked. "I wish they would though. I want to know what happens to the lead." 

"Well, obviously he doesn't die because he's the lead." 

"I know that but still, how clichè will they go?" 

"You've got a point." 

"I know I do." I hit his arm a bit and leaned into him. "Do you really think we'll find Jimin? I really hope to." 

"Hopefully." He sighed. "Then I can stop feeling guilty." 

"Of what?" I glanced at him. 

"For picking on him when we were younger." He smiled widely. 

"You feel guilty? Tsk. As if. You don't know how to feel guilty." 

"Yah.." He pouted. "Look, the lead is dying again, but not actually." 

"Yes Tae." I laughed a bit and then we grew silent to watch the repeat together once again. 

Taehyung's cellphone rang right at the good part but I got over it since I've seen it before. 

"Hello?" He answered lazily. I put my ear to the phone to listen as well. 

"Taehyung-ah, where've you been?" It was a female voice. 

Oooh... This must be her. I moved away but he got closer so I could hear again. Why? 

"What is it?" 

"Do you have any information regarding Park Jimin to help make me a bit more useful?"

I looked at him in shock and he just smirked. "No, I don't. I told you everything I know. Just let me know if you find any matches while we're away." 

"Will do." The other line hung up. 

"And you thought it was a lover." Taehyung grumbled. "It's one of my college friends. She's searching around for Jiminie too." 

"How?" 

"Just gathering information on him and searching the internet for him." He cuddled his head into my neck and sighed. "Let's stay like this for a while." 

"Why?" I pushed on him a bit and then gave up, playing with his hair. "You're such a child, Tae." 

It didn't take long for him to fall asleep. Ever since we were younger, he got use to falling asleep to me playing with his hair. And 15 years later, who would've thought I'd be doing the same thing? 

"I still think about that conversation, Tae. What are you guilty of... Who you really like... If I like you..." I mumbled to myself as I continued to play with his hair. "Some days, I'm convinced I like you. But other days... Like when Jimin is brought up... I feel like I don't. What do I really feel, Tae?" 

--

"Time to board." I smiled, a bit nervous. 

Taehyung, on the other hand, couldn't stay still because he was so excited. 

We waited in line to board the plane as another one was unloading, my gaze following a man who wore a jean jacket over a white shirt and black jeans. He had sun glasses on and tossled black hair. He looks like a heartbreaker. 

The man looked to his phone with a dazzling white smile and then headed into a crowd of people. I wonder if we'll really find Jimin.

With a heavy heart, I turned back to Taehyung, who was also looking in the direction of the man with a pale face. 

"Yah, do you know him?" 

"Who?" He looked at me, a bit alarmed. 

"The guy with the jean jacket. You were looking at him too, right?" I giggled. "What's gotten you all quiet so suddenly?" 

"I was trying to read the sign just over there." He pointed to big sign. 

"Ah, why? It's just advertising the gift shop." I read it easily. "Do you need glasses?" 

"No, no." He giggled. "It's our turn, let's go!" 

We carried our carry-ons onto the plane and found our seat. "I call inside!" I slipped on the inside before he could. "Ha, ha!" 

He frowned. "No fair." He took my carry-on from me and put it in the cabinet above our heads and did the same with his before taking his seat beside me. "It's a long flight, you know." 

"Yeah, you're not getting it." I snickered a bit. 

"Tch." He rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone, starting up a game. 

I patted his head and smiled. "You're so cute, TaeTae." 

His mouth arced into his familiar rectangular smile, his eyes still glued onto his game. 

"Don't get to absorbed, you'll have to turn it off for take off." 

He nodded. "I know that." 

"Okay, okay." I buckled myself in ahead of time and then stared out the window. 

Jimin... We're treating this like a vacation but we're also looking for you. Show up while we're there, hm?"

 

Another short chapter ;;; I know, I'm slacking. I hope you're enjoying this so far. It's a bit uneventless right now but it won't stay that way forever~! ~PandaBiscuit~