Our Lovely Memories

Searching For You

*This is just a collection of memories from when Seo Ha, Jimin, and Taehyung were young to give you an idea of their relationship. Time hop will occur as well.*

"Seo Ha! Seo Ha!" Jimin's voice cut through the silence of Seo Ha's home. "I give up! I can't find you." 

Seo Ha rolled her eyes and came out from her hiding spot, her hands on her hips as she waited for Jimin to come up the stairs to see her. 

"You were here all this time?" His smile grew wide. "Yah, you should have told me that we could hide in the attic!" 

"Of course we can!" Seo Ha snapped. "Dummy." 

"I'm older!" He furrowed his eyebrows. 

"So? Who cares about age!" Seo Ha huffed. "Let's go get something to eat before my mom comes home. She'll make ramen again if we wait." 

"My mom is bringing home Chinese for us tonight." Jimin crossed his arms a bit. "Come over and eat at my house instead of trying to find food." 

"Okay." Seo Ha smiled, her frustration from the childish game gone with the mention of Chinese food. "Are your parents still fighting with mine?" 

"I guess so." He held out his hand. "Come on, lets go meet with Taehyung. He should be home from vacation today." 

"Taehyung is?" Seo Ha held onto Jimin's hand tightly. "Let's go see Taehyung!" 

Jimin and Seo Ha rushed down the stairs and headed for the door only to be stopped by Seo Ha's mother. 

"Seo Ha! I told you to stop hanging out with Jimin." She forced the two apart and glared down at her young daughter. "Where are you going? You have English lessons today." 

"Mom..." Seo Ha frowned, looking over to Jimin. "Why can't I hang out with Jimin anymore? We've been friends for a long time but now you're forcing us away." 

Seo Ha's mother sighed and crouched down, clutching Jimin's arms gently. "Listen, Jimin-ah, I have nothing against you and my Seo Ha being friends. It is your parents who do not like Seo Ha and I. Why? Because Jimin's mother and Seo Ha's mother got into an argument and no longer approve of our children playing together. Do you understand?" 

"Yeah, I guess so." Jimin looked at the ground. "But Seo Ha wants to go see Taehyung. Does Seo Ha's mother dislike Taehyung's mother?" 

"She can see Taehyung some other day." Seo Ha's mother smiled widely at Jimin and ruffled his hair. "Go home." 

Jimin glanced back at Seo Ha and took off out the door. "Mom... Taehyung came home though." Seo Ha whined. 

"Was Jimin here all day?" Seo Ha's mother stopped smiling and stood up. 

"Yeah. We played hide-n-seek and we were just about to go see Taehyung." 

"Don't allow Jimin to come over here anymore, okay? You heard mom just a bit ago, right?" 

Seo Ha nodded and watched as her mother went upstairs. 

Seo Ha's mother was gone from morning until late afternoon almost every day because of work. Her father wasn't any better since he was away on business trips all the time. Most of the time it was Seo Ha who fed herself even though she was only 8. Luckily, Jimin and Taehyung lived just down the street and would spend the days with her to make sure she didn't get too lonely.

Jimin's family and Seo Ha's family use to be so close you'd think they were all one huge family. But a spat grew among the family when they discussed marriages for their children later on in life. Seo Ha's mother wanted Seo Ha to marry into a rich family but Jimin's mother wanted Jimin to marry Seo Ha. They couldn't get past their dumb disagreement and decided to cut their friendship. But they couldn't quite stop the children from meeting no matter how many times they scolded the children. 

Seo Ha went to school on her own, came home on her own, stayed at home on her own, and ate on her own almost every day. Today would be different though. Her mother would stay and cook ramen for her. They'd eat together and play a few games until Seo Ha goes to bed. And then she'd leave again to who knows where. She'd leave her 8 year old daughter home alone almost every night. The only time this pattern would change is when her father would come home from business. 

That's how Seo Ha's life was, sadly. 

Jimin's, on the other hand, wasn't as lonely. 

"Mom!" Jimin cried as he ran into the house and right into his mother's arms. "Seo Ha's mom told me to leave again." 

"You shouldn't go over there, dear." She sighed, wiping away his tears with her thumbs. "Play with Taehyung instead. He's a sweet boy." 

Jimin shrugged out of his mother's grasp and smiled. "When are we eating?" 

"Do you only think of food only?" She stood up. "Your father will be home soon. We'll eat then." 

"Can Seo Ha eat with us?"

"Not tonight, dear." She shook her head. "Why not invite Taehyung?" 

"I don't want to." He sighed, heading towards his room at the end of the hall but then pausing. "Mom, why does Seo Ha get English lessons? We learn a little bit at school." 

"Her mom has high hopes for her, dear." His mother smiled again. "Go play until your father gets home."

"Okay." 

Jimin lives an easier life. His mother doesn't work and his father always stays in Korea for his job. Though his mother is the one that caused the two families to split up, his mother is the nicest about it and refuses to show him that he's in the wrong for seeing Seo Ha but instead, gently warns him away. 

Seo Ha and Jimin thought that this was the worst it would get for them, but they don't know what is coming for them in the future. 

--

"Seo Ha!" Jimin yowled, catching Seo Ha's attention. 

Seo Ha stopped and waved. "Jimin! I was waiting for you but you took too long so I start off." 

Jimin fixed his backpack straps and joined Seo Ha's side as the two of them started walking home together. "Sorry, I was talking to Taehyung. He went the other way today because he said he likes a girl." 

"Taehyung is the dummy, not you." Seo Ha giggled. "Doesn't he know that no one wants to date him because of his grades?" 

"Yah, don't degrade him so much." Jimin frowned. 

"Well, whatever." Seo Ha cocked her head a bit. "I don't like anyone."

"Not even me?" Jimin ran out in front of Seo Ha and spread his arms out, causing her to pause in her tracks. "You don't like me?" 

"No, not even you." Seo Ha stuck out her tongue and went around him, not falling for his nonsense. 

"Well, I don't like you either. What's with these stupid pigtails anyways?" He pulled at one of Seo Ha's pigtails and she yelped. 

"YAH!" She turned around and hit him a few times. "Don't pull my hair! I tell you this every day! Mom says that boys like the pigtails because they're cute. You're not a boy if you don't like them!" 

"Do you listen to everything your mom tells you?" Jimin giggled, hitting her shoulder a bit. "Your mom might be lying so that you look ugly for all the boys." 

"Why would she lie to me?" Seo Ha pouted, slipping her thumbs underneath either backpack straps. "She wouldn't lie." 

Jimin hesitated a bit and stood in front of her again with a wide smile. "I'm kidding. The pigtails are really cute and I like you a lot." 

"Yah, get out of my way." Seo Ha didn't listen to Jimin. 

"I'm serious! I like you!" 

"You told me this yesterday too! I told you that I don't like you! I'm not going to like anyone until my school work is over. Mom says that's best anyways." 

"But can't I like you still?" 

"No." Seo Ha shook her head. "It's burdensome. Go like someone else, like Taehyung." 

"No! I like Seo Ha." Jimin started walking ahead of Seo Ha this time. "I like Seo Ha!" 

"Shut up!" Seo Ha kicked his backpack and he stumbled a bit before laughing all over again. "I'll kill you!" 

"Seo Ha~!" He made a heart with his arms. 

Seo Ha grew flustered and kicked him again, this time hard enough for him to fall and scrape his hands a bit. Hesitating, Seo Ha took off towards home instead of helping Jimin up. 

"Yah!" Jimin winced in pain as he watched Seo Ha run down the street. 

Jimin picked himself up and wipped the dirt off on his uniform, frowning when blood started mixing with the dirt. Now alone, Jimin hurried home as well with a heavy heart.

--

"Yah, pigtails again?" Taehyung smirked at Seo Ha. "No one likes them, you know." 

"Why are you so mean to me?" Seo Ha sniffled a bit, looking around for Jimin. 

Taehyung mocked Seo Ha and then broke into a wide smile. "Looking for your prince?" 

"He's not my prince!" 

"You always look for him when you're with me." Taehyung stood up and wipped off his pants from the dirt. "I bet if you called him, he'd come running. He's your prince, after all." 

"He's not my prince!" Seo Ha stood up and spoke a little louder. "Watch, if I call him, he won't even come over." Seo Ha hesitated a bit and then yelled out for Jimin. "Jimin!" 

Seo Ha knew that Jimin would show up and tried to run from the scene but Taehyung held onto her arm and laughed loudly as Jimin came bounding over. "Look, your short prince is here! Yah, when are you going to grow?" 

"When are you going to stop growing?" Jimin tossed a dirty face at Taehyung and then looked to Seo Ha. "What did you want?"

Seo Ha grew hot with embarrassment and anger. "Nothing! You weren't supposed to come you dummy!" 

"Huh? But you called my name!" Jimin called after Seo Ha as she broke from Taehyung and ran to the otherside of the park with her other friends. 

"Your princess ran off." Taehyung mocked. "Go after her." 

"Sometimes you're just too much!" Jimin tsked. "Pick on someone your own age."

"But you are my age!" Taehyung laughed again. 

"Seo Ha isn't!" 

"Oh! You're not a prince, you're a knight!" Taehyung grew red in the face from all his laughing. 

Jimin turned away from him, shaking his head. "What's with you today?" 

"I like Seo Ha too." Taehyung stepped in front of Jimin. "Did you hear me?" 

"You like every girl though." Jimin rolled his eyes. "You're not even 10 and you've already had a girlfriend!"

"For like 2 days." Taehyung scoffed. "Seo Ha is cute though."

"Then why ? She gets easily upset, you know."

"Because she's cute!" 

"Taehyung, you shouldn't because she's cute." Jimin crossed his arms to his chest. "But I like her too so if you keep teasing her then she'll like me more." 

"No can do." He waggled his finger. "Your families are at war. And you know who's rich? Me! Seo Ha's mom is going to have Seo Ha marry me when we're older." 

"Seo Ha doesn't even like you so there is no way." Jimin couldn't help but laugh at how dumb he sounds. 

"You just wait." Taehyung winked. 

"Wait for what?" Jimin glared at him but Taehyung just walked off in the direction of where Seo Ha had gone. "YAH! Are you going to go ?"

"What? She's my friend too." Taehyung went from a walk to a run and met up with her and her friends, leaving Jimin alone once more. 

"Tch. He's always saying stuff like that. Seo Ha won't marry a jerk like you." Jimin stamped his feet a little and started heading home. 

"Look, your prince is leaving." Taehyung pointed to Jimin as he slowly disappeared up the big hill towards home for all three of them.

"It's because you for being short!" Seo Ha hit Taehyung and ran after Jimin. 

"Go save your prince!" Taehyung giggled after Seo Ha and then turned to the other girls. "I'm Kim Taehyung." 

"Jimin-ah!" Seo Ha huffed as she caught up with him. "Where you going?" 

"Home." He sighed. "Taehyung is upsetting me." 

"Aw! Don't mind Taehyung!" Seo Ha slung an arm around Jimin. "Taehyung is a jerk." 

"He's just annoying." Jimin shrugged Seo Ha's arm off. "I like you, okay? Don't forget it. When we get older, you'll marry me instead of Taehyung." 

"Marry you? Marry Taehyung?" Seo Ha laughed loudly. "I don't want to get married. My dad is never around and makes mom do all the work so she's never there for me, why would I want to get married if it'll turn out like that?"

"But my parents aren't like that and they're married." Jimin gave a confused look. "Maybe there is two types of marriage then?" 

"I don't believe it." Seo Ha shook her head. "Jimin-ah, you'll be my friend for a long time, right?" 

"Of course I will!" 

"Good. Let's go eat before my mom gets home, hm?" 

"Sure, then I got to do my homework before school tomorrow. I missed yesterdays homework and I was nearly killed." 

"Dummy." Seo Ha giggled and continued a bit ahead of Jimin. 

"Dummy." Jimin mocked and followed Seo Ha with a smile. 

--

"Seo Ha!" Seo Ha's mother snapped. "Where are you going?" 

Seo Ha paused right in front of the doorway and turned to look at her mom. "I was going to the park." 

"You have English lessons, not today." 

Seo Ha sighed and nodded. "Are you leaving again?" 

"I'll be home soon Seo Ha." Seo Ha's mother scooped down and kissed her daughter's forehead. "Your tutor will be here soon. Love you." 

"Love you too." Seo Ha watched helplessly as her mother left once more. 

After waiting a while, Seo Ha decided to ditch and left the house, running down the street to Jimin's house. The sun was just starting to vanish behind the clouds, it was a miracle Seo Ha's mother didn't even pay attention to Seo Ha's obvious lie about going to the park so late at night. 

Seo Ha went to the back door like usual and slipped inside, running right into Jimin with pure luck. "Seo Ha?" 

"Jimin-ah!" Seo Ha lit up, hugging Jimin. "I wanted to come say hi. We haven't been able to play for a few days." 

Jimin pulled away and smiled. "So you like me?" 

"No!" Seo Ha hissed. "But I have to go. I have English lessons." 

"Tell me how to say bye in English before you go!" Jimin got excited. "I like when you speak English."

"Goodbye, Jimin! Have a good night!" Seo Ha spoke in broken English and giggled at Jimin as he got a bit flustered. "Maybe I like you!" She spoke in Korean again.

"What?" Jimin gasped but Seo Ha was out the door and racing back home. "Seo Ha likes me?" 

"Was that Seo Ha again?" Jimin's father peeked around the corner with a smile on his face. 

Unlike Jimin's mother, his father actually really liked Jimin's and Seo Ha's relationship. 

"Yeah. She said bye to me in English. She's getting really good." Jimin bragged. "She's going to marry me when we get older and not Taehyung." 

"Is that so?" Jimin's father crouched down and ruffled his hair. "We have some things to discuss tonight. You might not be too happy about it though." 

"What is it?" Jimin frowned already, sensing something was wrong. 

"Come on." He lead his son over to the living space and the three of his family sat down. 

His mother glanced at Jimin and then smiled. "Jimin dear, dad got a job offer in the states." 

"Wow, really?" Jimin smiled from ear to ear. "That's good dad!" 

"Dad has decided to take the offer." His mother continued. 

"We're moving... Tomorrow." His father finished. 

"Moving?" Jimin's eyes widened. "But what about Seo Ha and Taehyung?" 

"You'll have to leave them." 

"But... Did you have to take that job?" Jimin's heart welled up and he looked to his mother for help. "I can't leave Seo Ha. I promised to be her friend." 

"You can write to her and keep in touch with her until you can move back home." His father spoke, instantly getting scolded by Jimin's mother.

"When will we come back?" 

"Soon." His mother sighed. "You'll need to learn English, me as well. Dad will help us since he knows English as well." 

"Can I tell Seo Ha tomorrow that I'll be gone for a little while but I'll be back?" 

"Sure. You can do that." Jimin's mother nodded. 

Jimin sighed and stared at his hands. "I don't want to go away from Seo Ha though."

"You'll come back, don't worry." Jimin's father moved and sat by his son, ruffling his hair a bit more and smiling. "It's not the end of the world. You'll still be her friend." 

"I hope so. I made a promise to Seo Ha." 

-- 

"Seo Ha! Where are you?" Jimin walked throughout the silent house. No one was home, not even Seo Ha. "No, you need to be home today... I'll wait for you." 

Jimin sat and waited on their front step for the longest time but no one showed up, other than his mother. "Jimin dear, we have to leave. The flight is soon." 

"But Seo Ha isn't home yet. I can't just leave without telling her." 

"I'm sorry dear but we can't afford to wait otherwise we would! You can write to her when we get to our new home." 

"But Seo Ha..." A tear went down Jimin's face as his mother grabbed his hand and lead him to the car. "Seo Ha..." 

"Mom, come on." Seo Ha pulled on her mother's arm. "I'm hungry." 

Jimin's car drove off just as Seo Ha and her mother came home. "Mom! They're home!" Jimin wailed. "Look!" 

"I'm sorry dear, it's too late. We'll miss the plane." 

"Mom!" 

But they kept driving and Seo Ha never recieved word from Jimin. 

--

*3 years after Jimin's disappearance*

"Have you heard anything from Jimin?" Seo Ha asked Taehyung as they walked home from school together, both of them feeling a little down as they still weren't use to not having Jimin beside them. 

"No." Taehyung shook his head. "How could he just leave us without saying goodbye?"

She held out her hand. "Comfort?" 

"Comfort." He smiled widely and took her hand easily, squeezing it just a little. "I guess he didn't like us?" 

"No, I don't think that's the case." She sighed, her head hanging a bit. 

"Well... Are we still going to celebrate his birthday today? He's turning 12." Taehyung mumbled. 

"I don't want to celebrate it this year. The last 2 years that we celebrated without him was lonely. I don't want to do it again." She disagreed. "What do you want to do for your birthday instead? Your birthday is in a few months." 

"Too early to ask."

"No it's not. Let's do something fun. We can spend the time from now until December 30th to save for your birthday and then we can do something super fun." 

Taehyung nodded eventually. "Okay. Let's start saving then." 

"Seo Ha! Taehyung!" Seo Ha's mother waved us over. 

Seo Ha took her hand from Taehyung's and waved back at her mother before joining her. "You're home today?" 

"I had a girl day with Taehyung's mother." She smiled down at Taehyung. "You're growing so tall." 

Taehyung dipped his head slightly. "Thanks." 

"We were talking about you two getting married when you're older." She then smiled to her daughter. "Sounds odd now, doesn't it?" 

"We're not getting married!" Seo Ha sighed, upset again. "I'd marry Jimin before I'd marry Taehyung." 

This time, Seo Ha's mother sighed. "In time you will understand, my lovely." 

"I'm going to head home then, Seo Ha. See you tomorrow." Taehyung cast over to Seo Ha before taking off down the road. 

"Why do you keep saying that, mom? I don't want to marry when I'm older." Seo Ha stamped a little. 

"You'll change. Come on, let's go have some ramen." 

"UGH!" Seo Ha rolled her eyes but followed her mother in anyways. 

--

*15 years later, Seo Ha's POV*

"Seo Ha... Are you sure you're okay?" Taehyung frowned, patting my back a little. 

"It's been a few weeks, Tae." I frowned, glancing at all the boxes throughout the house. "I'm as fine as I'm going to be." 

"So we just need to take out these boxes and then we're good?" Taehyung sighed, changing the subject. 

"We still have the attic." I pointed upwards. "There is a bunch of junk up there." 

Taehyung dramatically fell down and pouted. "I don't want to! It's too much work." 

"Too bad." I kicked his side a little. "You can be a good friend for once." Taehyung continued to pout and I was done with it. "Tae! Come on! Let's just clear all these boxes out on the main floor and then we can get to the attic after we eat."

"You're buying?" He picked himself off the ground.

"Sure, why not." I nodded reluctantly. 

"Sweet, let's get this done!" Taehyung vanished into a room and came out with 3 boxes stacked on top of each other. 

"You just live for food, don't you." I mumbled to myself and went into a different room, coming out with a few more and loading them into Taehyung's truck. "How much more can this take, do you think?" I huffed as he helped me put them in place. 

"The rest of the main floor." Taehyung huffed as well. "You know what I was reminded of when I went into that room earlier?"

"Hm?" I looked up at him while he stood in his trunk. 

"When you and Jimin got busted playing hide-n-seek in the attic. Remember that? It was the day I got home from my family vacation and you called me after your English lessons and cried to me about it." Taehyung laughed a bit. 

"Ah, yeah, that was a while ago, wasn't it?" I smiled a bit. "I wonder what happened to Jimin. He just vanished... He never even called." 

"It's one thing to vanish from you." He grunted as he hopped down. "But to vanish from me is another." 

"Oh?" I hit his shoulder. "Cause you're better than me?" 

"Of course." He winked and headed into the house. "Hurry, I'm hungry!" 

I haven't thought about Jimin in a while. I seriously wonder what happened to him... I wish I would have stayed longer back then if I would have known it was my last time seeing him. 

"Who's being lazy now!" Taehyung growled as he came back out with more boxes. 

"Yah, yah, I'm going." I sniffled from the cold and hurried into the house to get more boxes. 

Taehyung and I went in and out of the house for another hour before we cleared all the boxes on the main floor. 

"Ah... Finally..." Taehyung panted, leaning against his truck. "Let's lock up the place and come back later. I'm starving."

"Agreed." I jogged back to the front door and locked it with a simple key turn. "Why did you guys have to pass so early in life?" I mumbled as I hit the door a little. "Life isn't fair, hm?" 

"Come on, stop talking to the door." Taehyung yowled. 

"I can talk to what I want!" I grumbled, stomping back over to the truck and climbing in the passenger seat. "Let's go." 

He climbed in as well and started up the truck. "Where to?" 

"Let's have Chinese." I sighed. "I can eat what I want now that my parents are gone." 

"That's grim." Taehyung flinched a little and began driving. 

"You know I'm joking." 

"You know what is ironic? The one time your father comes home from business in 6 years, he gets in an accident." 

"I just wasn't meant to have a functioning family." I chuckled a bit, watching out the window. "I'm fairly certain they were seeing other people anyways. They weren't great people but I still miss them." 

"Me too. They liked me." He smiled widely. "They wanted me to marry you." 

"Don't bring up marriage again. I swear you haven't dropped the topic since you were 8!" I scolded. 

"Whatever, we'll get married some day."

"Oh yeah? You have a new girlfriend every month, how's that going to happen?" 

"Yah, I haven't had a girlfriend for like 2 years now." 

"And why is that? You got bored?"

"Because I like you." He glanced at me. 

"Shut up and watch the road. Like I believe you!" I punched his shoulder. 

"Ow! I'm serious!" He yowled. 

"In a million years." I shook my head. 

"Some day." Taehyung tsked, turning sharply onto a busy street. 

"Do you want to kill us next? Watch the boxes!" 

"They're fastened down, don't worry!" Taehyung mumbled, pointing to a sign to a Chinese restaurant. "Want to go there?" 

"Where else would we go?" I nodded. "Let's go." 

He changed lanes quickly and pulled into the lot, parking sloppily like always. "Ta-da!" 

"I'm going to die with you behind the wheel one of these days." 

I climbed out of the car and joined Taehyung's side. He held out a hand and I took it quickly. Holding his hand is always something I liked to do, even when he was dating. He's just that good of a friend to me. We entered the restaurant and took a seat by the window. 

"I'm going to use the restroom. You know what I want." Taehyung announced and bounded towards the back of the place just as the waiter came over. 

"We'll just have water." I spoke before he could ask what we wanted and watched as he left just as quickly. 

I rested my chin on my hand and my elbow on the table, watching out the window. You guys were too young to pass away like that. Now all I've got is Tae... Once in my life I thought that Jimin would be the one by my side when I was this age. But who would've thought that he'd leave me too and it would Tae that stayed by me? If someone were to go back and tell me that Jimin was the one who left and Tae stayed, I wouldn't believe them. Jimin was so close to me back then... But now he's nothing... I wouldn't even be thinking of him now if Tae hadn't brought up that memory. I only ever thought of Jimin before I slept or in my dreams. But now here I am thinking of him in broad daylight... The only time I had done that was the few years after he had left and the day my parents passed. I was very thankful to have Tae there to comfort me but deep inside... I wished for Jimin to come back and comfort me as well. 

Jimin was that kind of person to me. But now he's gone, just like my parents. 

"I'm back." Taehyung chuckled a bit as he sat down. "Don't look so lost, Seo Ha." He reached a crossed the table and ruffled my hair a bit. "Dark times pass." 

"Eventually." I sighed, looking to Taehyung. "He didn't give us the drinks yet so we still have yet to order." 

"I can see." Taehyung mocked. "Hey, ever since I brought up Jimin, I keep thinking about him." 

"Me too." 

"Should we look for him?" 

"We have no clue where he went, Tae." I gave him a stupid look. "Unless you know something I don't. Hm?"

"No, I don't. If I did, he would be dead right now cause I'd beat him up." Taehyung rolled his eyes a bit and then smiled. "But there has to be some way, right? Maybe he has a social media account?"

"I hadn't thought of that!" I got a bit excited and pulled out my phone. "The waiter is coming, you order." 

Completely zoning out Taehyung, I searched for Jimin. But nothing came out, nothing at all. When Taehyung stopped ordering, I handed him my phone.

"Nothing is coming up, Tae. I don't think he has one." I pouted. 

"Aw..." Taehyung stared at the phone and then slid it back. "Well, we tried." 

"Bummer. I got excited." 

"Do you still like him after 15 years?" Taehyung started to tease me.

"Did I ever like him in the first place? I was so young." I shrugged. 

"I liked you back then." Taehyung shrugged as well. "And still do."

"Yah, shut it." 

"Blah, blah. You never listen anyways." Taehyung gave me a blank look. 

"True. Let's just eat and finish cleaning out the house. The landlord wants to sell it in a few days." 

"Speaking of landlords, can I stay at your house for a few days?" 

"What does that have to do with landlords?" I sipped my water. 

"Mine kicked me out of my apartment..." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. 

"Why?" 

"I was late on rent twice in a row and then I was causing trouble for the neighbors by being too loud."

"They let you off for that?" 

"It's not the first warning..." 

"Idiot. Okay." I nodded. "Only for a few days. I expect you to be looking for a new place to live in those days." 

"How come I have a job with pretty average pay but can hardly afford an apartment while you just got fired from your job and have a house?" Taehyung whined. When doesn't he complain? He's always been like this.

"Because my parents were rich from my dad's job." 

"And they just gave you money?" 

"Well, kind of yeah. It is what happens when you're a child moving out for the first time." I bit my lip a bit and added, "and what happens when they pass away and all the money goes to their only child." 

"Every topic we mention comes back to their death... I'm sorry." Taehyung frowned, sipping his water. "Forgive me?"

"I was never upset with you." I chuckled. "I'll find another job. I have a lot of choices."

He mocked me a bit and then laughed. "Ah, that Jimin. He's raiding my thoughts." 

"Stop bringing up Jimin!" I hit his hand a bit. "He's a lost cause."

"Stop hitting me..." Taehyung pouted again. 

We bickered back and forth until the food arrived and then it was silent while we ate. We both rather enjoy food so we finished it quite fast and was out the door as soon as we were done. 

"Ah... I'm too full to go move boxes now..." Taehyung groaned as we climbed into his truck once more. 

"Too bad." I silently agreed with him and didn't yell at him when he took his time driving back to the house. "How are your parents? I saw them at the funeral but they didn't look like they were happy with each other." 

"They're bickering." Taehyung answered easily. "When don't they?" 

"True." 

We parked on the side of the road and made our way to the door rather lazily, unlocking the door, and entering. 

"It's so empty." Taehyung sighed, his sigh echoing throughout the home. "We have so many memories here... Let's just live here." He sat himself on the ground and closed his eyes. "I want to live here." 

I hit the back of his head, laughing when his eyes shot open and his lips pulled into a snarl. "Yah, you can't live here. Jimin vanished, I moved, you're the only family that is staying on this street. It'd be too odd. You have to stay away too." 

"Hitting me again..." He grumbled, picking himself off the floor and stomping up the stairs after me. "AHH! Look at all these boxes!" 

"At least everything is boxed away already. I silently thank your parents for that part since they did it." 

"Yeah, thank you." He agreed, heading over to the back. "I'll start with the back, you get the front." 

"Can do." I nodded, watching him go to the back and take a few boxes and then going downstairs.

I went over to grab a few boxes as well and hauled them downstairs and to the truck. We fastened our load and then went up for more, Taehyung already heading back down since he was trying to be quick about it. 

I glanced at the stack on my side and noticed a rather decorative box sitting underneath all the plain storage boxes. That's an odd box. It caught my eye with it's cool designs. I went over to the box and removed all the other boxes on top of it.

"Yah, what are you doing? Just take those downstairs. Why start from the bottom?" Taehyung called over to me but then was downstairs before I could comment. 

I pulled the box to the side and sat down beside it, opening the flaps slowly. It's so dusty. It's been sitting here a while. I never noticed this box before though. I glanced at the contents, my eyebrows furrowing with confusion. They're just a bunch of letters. Why? 

I pulled out one of the letters and blew the dust off. This one was never opened but I can see that some of the others are without even taking them out. What are they? I ripped open the top and took out a wrinkled piece of paper and began reading it. 

Seo Ha

How is your English? Look at mine. It's soo much better than yours, I bet. Okay, I'm done writing in English. Are you jealous though? Is it better? I bet it is. 
I have a question though. Why haven't you answered any of my letters? I didn't want to ask in case you were mad at me or something but I've been writing letters to your for almost 2 years now and you still haven't replied...
Could you reply, just this one, so I know you're getting these letters? I don't want to stop writing you, Seo Ha. I want to continue being your friend. I promised to stay your friend. If you're mad, just tell me. 
I really didn't want to move, I swear. I told you what happened in my first letter, didn't I? I don't remember. Please don't be mad! I'm going to keep writing to you until I can come back to you. I promise you.
- Jimin

 


Tears welled up in my eyes as I read the name. He's been writing me all this time? Why have I never seen these? I reached in the box and pulled out another one, swiping away my tears. 

Seo Ha

Guess what? My dad signed me up for dancing classes. Remember how we wanted to dance? I'm going to be so good by the time I see you again, you can wait for it.
Did you recieve my last message? Can't you reply? I asked you to just reply even if you're mad... Can't you do that? It's been 2 years and you haven't wrote a single letter to me. 
I'm getting kind of upset, Seo Ha! You better not be marrying Taehyung! I still like you...
-Jimin

 

I put the letter down as more tears spilled down my face. All these years... And I haven't seen a single one of them. I massaged my chest a bit as my heart ached and stood when Taehyung came back upstairs. His smile disappeared when he saw my tears and he ran over with a worried expression. 

"Seo Ha? What's wrong?" He grabbed one of my hands and held it, knowing that it comforted me. "Seo Ha?" 

"Tae, look." I reached down and picked up one of the letters I had read, handing it to Taehyung. 

Taehyung let go of my hand and read it, his eyes widening with shock. "I thought you didn't have contact with Jimin?" He glanced at me.

"I didn't... He wrote these letters to me but I never saw them... Look, some are opened and some aren't." I bit my lip, trying to stop crying. "I never saw any of them, Tae... Look here, he said he's been writing for 2 years..." 

Taehyung put down the letter and glanced around and then pointed. "Look, there's a few more boxes over there with the same design." 

"Jimin-ah..." I sniffled, running over to the boxes and pushing the other boxes away. I opened them quickly and my breath hitched. "It's all letters... Tae!" 

Taehyung looked through the boxes and pulled out an opened one, reading it quickly. "This one seems to be the first one. Wasn't this 15 years ago, when he vanished?" 

I glanced at the date and nodded. "That's the first one... How long as he been writing to me?" 

Taehyung crouched down and cupped my face, wipping the tears with his thumbs and offering an excited smile. "Don't feel guilty, Seo Ha. You should be happy right now, not crying. Don't cry anymore, okay? We can use these letters to find Jimin, don't you think?"

I nodded and smiled in return. "Let's look through these and get some clues, hm?" He nodded and ruffled my hair once more.

Taehyung quickly went to the first box I found and searched through the box. I began to do the same with the one he found. We both had one goal in mine: When did he stop writing? 

 

Hello lovelies~! First chapter is just a little leadway into the stories with all the memories and Seo Ha finding the box with Taehyung. 
I hope you enjoyed and will continue reading! I'm liking this already :) 

 


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Here's a little Park Jimin, tehehe~ He's too gorgeous ~ ///// ~ 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And a Tae... ~ //// ~

 

And of course, picture credits to the respective people as they are not mine~ 

See you in chapter two~!