Dream Home

Design my Heart

Project #1 - Dream Home
Word Count: 772

Note: Yes, I’m making the header info similar to Coffee Love. I just like that format. :) This chapter is short. I didn’t have much time to work on it this weekend, but I guess we can call it somewhat of a preview. Let me know what you guys think, and I will try to make the next chapter better/long, and maybe I’ll even get around to editing this one eventually.

 

Hoseok’s arms and hands were completely full with bags of food and a carrier of coffee when Yoongi opened the door to allow him into their new house. When he and Hoseok had purchased the house together, it was absolutely hideous. It lacked any open concepts, and all the rooms were too small and stuffy. Yoongi was the first one to see the potential in the home, and he talked Hoseok into agreeing with him. It would be the one that they would make into their dream home.

Yoongi and his guys had spent the past couple of weeks opening up space in the house. They had been tearing down walls and somewhat rearranging the layout of the house. The last time Hoseok came in here, just a couple of days ago, it was a mess. There were broken pieces of plywood and drywall everywhere. Tools and nails and sawdust littered the floor, and it was a safety hazard for anyone who didn’t know their way around.

It all looked very different now. The bamboo flooring had been nicely installed, and all of the tools had been cleared out. New wall had been put up, and it didn’t even look like the same place anymore. With the renovations done, all that was left was painting the walls and putting in new furniture, which was all up to Hoseok.

For now, Yoongi and Hoseok sat on the floor of what would be their living room, and they ate their breakfast together. “So what do you think?” Yoongi asked as he divided up the food between him and Hoseok.

“I think you guys did a wonderful job,” Hoseok stated, his voice bouncing off of the walls and coming back at them. He couldn’t wait to get the place painted and new furniture put in here. He couldn’t stand the echoes of empty rooms. “Now that it’s up to me to finish everything, I’ll take Seokjin hyung shopping with me, and we should be able to move in this weekend.”

This was a big step for Yoongi and Hoseok. After having been in a relationship together for nearly four years now, not only were they finally moving in together, but they were just about to open up their own company which they had been talking about since they were in their second year of university. When it finally came time for them to start up the company, they decided that they would move in together as well and make their first home their first project.

It was still hard to believe that the time for that had already come.

 

“It looks nice.” Were Yoongi’s first words when he was finally allowed to see the bedroom. Hoseok knew that Yoongi would like the rest of the house, but he wasn’t so certain about their bedroom.

The agreement was that Hoseok could make the bedroom one hundred percent how he wanted as long as Yoongi could choose one piece to put in every other room in the house—be it an ugly accessory to put on an end table or the shower curtains that were put up in the bathroom, Yoongi got to pick one piece for each room without Hoseok able to turn it down.

The bedroom was made to Hoseok’s standards. A tall chest of drawers stood over in one corner of the room while there was a shorter, longer placed against a different wall. The bed was placed in the center of the back wall, side tables on either side of the bed. The part that he Hoseok was worried that Yoongi wouldn’t like was the bed. It had big fluffy blankets on it, which Yoongi had no problem with. At least he never complained about the blankets Hoseok had on his own bed in his own apartment. It was the pillows. Decorative throw pillows that would need to be removed before going to bed and put back when waking in the morning.

“Really? You like it?” Hoseok asked. He wondered if Yoongi was going to make a comment about the pillows.

“I mean, you’re going to be the one putting all the pillows back in the morning,” Yoongi assured him. “But yes, I do like it.”

“Good. I’m glad.” Hoseok said, and he grabbed Yoongi’s wrist to pull the smaller one toward himself. Although the room was done to Hoseok’s liking, Hoseok did try to pick out things he knew Yoongi would like.

Hoseok tries kissing Yoongi, but the elder pulls away, and he smiles teasingly at Hoseok. “Now that it’s all nice and furnished,” He said, “All’s that’s left is unpacking everything.”