New

Confessions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hirai Momo.

 

Momo.

 

Jeongyeon didn’t want to know who she was. Nor know the blonde girl’s name. But ever since the incident at the baseball field, it seems like Momo and Mina have suddenly become attached at the hip. Turns out, Momo was a year older, and transferred to the school at the start of the year. From what Jeongyeon could guess, they probably immediately bonded over the fact that they were both born and raised in Japan, and both had a background in dance.

 

Jeongyeon was sulkier and seemingly sadder these days. She’s a positive person though, and tried to convince herself that the recent turn of events is good, since it can help her get over Mina faster. She doesn’t even know if Mina is gay, but she won’t be surprised if Momo can make her swing the non-straight road. Even Jeongyeon, with all her spite for the new girl, can’t deny that she was definitely a head-turner.  

 

School went on as normal. Usually, boring, but seeing her friends made her look forward to it. Mina, as cheerful as always, never failed to greet her. But Jeongyeon is so transparent, and incredibly bad at hiding her feelings, someone can tell she’s feeling under from a mile away. Jeongyeon and Mina finished everything they needed to do for the class council, so their afterschool meetings are over. Jeongyeon can only wish she has another excuse to spend more time with Mina.

 

 

--

 

 

“Hi Jeongyeon!” Mina cheerfully greets the other, who was sitting on her desk, patiently waitng for class to start. Jeongyeon turns to look at her, but merely nods, a smile barely grazing her lips.

 

Mina was confused. Jeongyeon has seemed to be so cold towards her the past couple of weeks. Did I do something wrong? Mina wishes she was closer to Jeongyeon. So that it won’t be weird for her to ask her if she’s okay, or if she’s sick, or if she needs anything. But that’s the problem. They’re barely even friends.

 

But Mina is not the type to idly sit by waiting, waiting for nothing. She is a woman of action. Most days. With a deep breath, she sends out a seemingly nonchalant, but in actuality, very meticulously thought out text, which Mina has probably re-typed and deleted more than 10 times:

 

Mina: you still owe me for pizza :)

 

Mina lays down on her bed, clutching the phone to her chest, peeking at it every several seconds or so, as if the phone was silent, even though it’s not.

 

Jeongyeon: oh yeah that.. sorry I am quite busy these days. And always tired from soccer practice. Maybe next time, sorry

 

Mina unconsciously clenches her jaw. She understands, but she is a bit mad. Actually, a lot mad. Why is Jeongyeon being like this? Jeongyeon seemed believable, but it’s such a petty excuse. Mina is not dumb, and she can feel that Jeongyeon is shutting her out, for a reason she can’t determine.

 

Mina: Ah, that’s okay, maybe next time

 

 

--

 

 

The next day, Jeongyeon got really bothered by a certain occurrence, leaving her distracted for the entirety of the day. Mina passed by her in the hallway that morning, but the cheerfulness usually directed at her was gone. Actually, nothing was directed at her. Mina completely ignored her, not even batting an eyelash.

 

It’s okay.. isn’t this what you wanted? You don’t want her to talk to you right? Jeongyeon rationalizes. She did deny to potentially hang out with Mina, and she knows she could have hurt the other girl. But what else is she supposed to do to get over her?

 

--

 

For the rest of the week, Jeongyeon tried her best to not think about Mina. But, fate always seemed to have other plans.

 

It was the weekend, and Jeongyeon was at the mall, looking for new cleats.

 

“Jeongyeon!” The short-haired girl turned her head, looking for the source of the voice. She eyes two figu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter