Why are you crying?

Best friend?

"Does it always hurt?"

I stopped massaging my wrist and looked towards the guy who threw the question. A small smile crept onto my face as I heard the concern laced in his honey-like voice.

"It does but I'm used to it, so you don't have to worry much, Kook."

"How can I not be worry? My best friend is hurting." His voice was small but loud enough for me to hear.

Best friend.

That term annoyingly rang inside my head and I felt a painful tug inside me. He only saw me as his best friend. So, why couldn't my stupid heart saw him as just best friend too? I struggled to stop my tears from falling down.

My internal struggle was interrupted when I felt cold fingers softly wrapped around my pained wrist. My eyes widened once my brain registered what was going on.

"Kook, what are you doing?" I could certainly hear my heart was pounding so loudly inside my ears at that moment.

I tried to pry my hand off his grip but he just tightened it without really hurting me while playfully glared at me. My face felt like it was going to explode from all the blood rushing up to my head. Moving my gaze to wall behind him, I prayed that he didn't notice how flustered he made me just now.

"Be a good girl and sit still, would you? I'm gonna apply this cream to your wrist. Joon said it was good for joint pain," he explained as he carefully apply the cream and spreading it evenly before his long fingers gently massaged my wrist.

My heart was beating incredulously fast at his little action. I felt like I was going to pass out any moment if he kept holding and massaging my wrist like this and also standing this close to me. I didn't even know what had gotten into me as I abruptly stood up and pulled my hand away before leaving the room in rush, without saying any words to my best friend.

He was just my best friend.

Tears dropped from my eyes at that thought as I mindlessly and quickly ran away from what had happened just now. Why my fragile heart had to ruin this beautiful friendship with this longing? Why couldn't it fall in love with some other guys, not my best friend who was kind, caring, very good-looking, soft spoken, funny and everything that I ever wanted in a boyfriend?

My mind was all over the place as I kept running until suddenly, I felt excruciating pain all over my body and my head felt like it was drenched with something wet and sticky. As darkness slowly took over my sight, all I saw was a very scared Kook with tears running down his handsome face.

"Please don't do this to me, babe. Stay. Stay with me, babe. Please." Why was he crying, I wondered before everything went dark.