003

Attracted to You

  "CHANHEE!!"Luna shouted while the boys was shocked seeing Chanhee's body covered with blood not too far from them.When Luna ran toward him,only then they get their soul back and ran toward Chanhee too.

 

  Byunghun stand there still not moving even an inch.His mind was blank.The world seems like moving around him in a flash.Chanhee's smiling face replaced by Chanhee's blooding body take him back to earth.He turn to his friends who already surround Chanhee and run toward them.

 

  "Yah Lee Byunghun!Why didnt U answer your phone!?We could have stopped him"Luna shouts when he arrived near them.She already covered in tears.Byunghun trembled.

 

  "Chanhee..Chanhee took my phone"he said stuttering as he fall kneeling beside Chanhee who have his head on Luna's lap.He slowly take his phone from Chanhee's grip trembling.His tears was threatening to fall.

 

  People started to surround them.The driver who hit Chanhee walk back and forth after calling the ambulance.

 

  Byunghun cant endured it anymore so he let his tears fall.He sat on the road and take Chanhee from Luna to his lap instead.His action surprised the other but they cant say anything due to the sadness.

 

  "Chanhee-ah,U have to be okay"he whispered letting his tears fall on Chanhee's face.He wipe Chanhee's face with his trembling hand.Myungsoo pat his shoulder softly.All of them was in tears.They dont care being called a cryboy.

 

  After a while,finally the ambulance arrived at the location.Luna want to follow them but Byunghun insisted to come with them.She gave in so Byunghun come in the ambulance with Chanhee.The other quickly take a taxi to the hospital where Chanhee was send .

 

  Byunghun didnt even let go of Chanhee's hand in the ambulance.

 

  "Chanhee-ah.U have to be okay.I promise I'll treat U better after this.U need to wake up"he mumbled with his tears strolling on his cheek.The people in the ambulance watch him in pity.

 

  Chanhee was brought to the ICU so Byunghun waited outside of the room.He ruffled his hair in frustration.Only then he realised he still holding his phone that covered with Chanhee's blood.He unlock the phone and open the message Luna sent to him.

 

  'Byunghun,U need to stop Chanhee.He was going to do something silly.He ran away from me '

 

  "Why did I even say her name before?He wouldnt take my phone and he wouldnt end up like this"he hit his hand and close his eyes.He sat on the floor in front of the room where Chanhee was in.He didnt even bother to sit on the chair.

 

  "Student,I'm sorry.It was really an accident.He suddenly appear in front of the car"suddenly someone speak beside him so he open his eyes turning beside him to find the driver who hit Chanhee.

 

  "Things have happened.We couldnt do anything if it was what he want"he said slowly staring at the ICU door.

 

  "I'm sorry once again.I just want to say something"the driver said making Byunghun turn back to him.

 

  "If he was given another chance,please take care of him a lot.I dont know him but I'm studying Psychology.I know from the way he smile sadly when he appeared in front of my car before.He have given up of living.He have no reason why he need to be alive.I know he's hurting so much.Take my word young man"the driver said before standing up and walk away.

 

  Byunghun was stunned at his words.He froze on his spot.

 

  "Byunghun"he look up when he hear someone calling him and running steps can be heard.His friends have arrived together with Jaejoong.

 

  "He's inside"he said not bother to stand up.

 

  Suddenly the door open revealing a doctor.

 

  "Where is Lee Chanhee's parents?I need to talk with them"he said as he remove his mask.

 

  "They are on their way here.They will arrive soon"Luna answered but as she finished talking,Chanhee's parents arrive.Their face was obviously showing they are in a panic.

 

  "Doctor,how is he?Is he okay?He can be saved right?"Mrs.Lee bombered the doctor with question as soon as she arrive in front of him.

 

  "Yeobo,calm down"Mr.Lee tried to calm her down.

 

  "He is in a critical state now.Its a good thing U come at the right time,Mr.Lee,Mrs.Lee.We need your permission to do an operation on him.His cancer have reach the last stage.We must do the operation as soon as possible to save him.There's no time to wait anymore.His life is in danger"the doctor said making Byunghun and the other widened their eyes hearing the word 'cancer'.

 

  "Just do it doctor.U have to save him at any cost"Mrs.Lee burst into tears.The doctor give them a paper from the nurse who patiently waiting beside him.

 

  "Please do sign this.When U finished,U can give it to her.I need to prepare for the operation.Please prepare for the worst"he said slowly before went in the operation room leaving them.

 

  Mr.Lee sign the paper without hesitation and give it to the nurse.He help his wife to sit at the chair.She was drenched in tears.Kevin who have just arrived was calmed by Jaejoong.

 

  Byunghun turn to Luna before pulling her with him a bit far from the operation room.

 

  "What did the doctor said earlier?Cancer?What cancer does Chanhee have?"he ask as he look straight into her eyes.Luna sigh before sitting on the chair beside her.She turn to the other who was in front of the operation room Chanhee was in.

 

  "Chanhee have brain cancer.He only know he have it 2 months ago and it was already stage three"she answered not looking at Byunhun.

 

  "Why didnt U tell us?"he said slowly as he sit beside her.

 

  "He told us to keep it a secret from U guys.I also wouldnt know it if Jaejoong oppa didnt tell me.Jaejoong oppa wouldnt know too if he didnt caught Chanhee vomiting in the toilet.Chanhee didnt say anything at first but then Jaejoong oppa ask Kevin oppa.Kevin oppa tell him about Chanhee and Jaejoong oppa told me"she said slowly.Byunhun sigh.

 

  "Why didnt they take him to operate as soon as they discover the cancer?"he said also in a low tone.

 

  "Ahjumma and ahjussi have tried to take him to operate many time but Chanhee dont want.He told them just to let the cancer in him.He didnt want to operate.They have tried to force him like dragging him to this hospital but he always ran away"she said staring at the floor.

 

  Byunghun recalled the day he caught Chanhee vomitting at Cap's house.He just bluntly believe what Chanhee said .He really thought he's vomitting because of lack of eating.

 

  "Why are U worrying about him?Dont U hate him?U told him to stay away from U"suddenly Luna said taking his thought back.He sigh and stare on the floor with his hands on his knees.

 

  "I dont know.I just want him to cling on me again like he used to before.I want to protect that fragile body of him.I want him to be all over me like before.I feel empty if he's not around.I regretted what have I done to him before.I want him to be in my embrace all the time.I want to own him by myself"he finally admitted his feelings.Luna smile hearing his words.

 

  "I'm glad U finally open your heart to him.Lets keep praying that he can be saved"she said patting Byunghun's shoulder before walk away toward Chanhee's operation room.Byunghun put his hands on his face and sigh slowly.

 

  "Chanhee,if what the driver say was true,please stay strong and keep fighting to live.I need U.All of us need U"he mumbled and stay there a while before walk toward the others waiting for the operation to finish.Some of their friends have come home since its already late.

 

 -----------------------------

 

  After 5 hours of waiting,finally the operation room opens indicating that the operation has ended.Byunghun,Chanhee's parent,Kevin,Jaejoong and Luna instinctively stands up.The doctor walk toward them.

 

  "The operation was a success.We manage to operate his cancer successfully"he said smiling even tiredness was obvious on his face.

 

  "When will he wake up?"Mrs.Lee ask.

 

  "That is the problem.We dont know when he will wake up.It feels like he have give up on living.His desire to wake up soon was negative.I hope U can keep talking to him because he can hear everything we said under concious"the doctor explained and they nod.The doctor excuse himself and they went toward Chanhee's room.

 

  They only watch him from the outside  because visiting is still prohibited.They only can visit him the next day.

 

  "Byunghun.U're Byunghun right?"suddenly Mrs.Lee said shocking Byunghun.

 

  "Ne?"Byunghun averted his eyes from Chanhee to Mrs.Lee.

 

  "Can U bring our Chanhee back?"she said not turning to Byunghun even once.Byunghun was dumbfounded at her words.He turn to Luna but she just lift her shoulders up.

 

  "What do U mean Mrs.Lee?"he ask looking back at Mrs.Lee.Mrs.Lee turn to him from Chanhee.

 

  "Because U're the most important one to Chanhee.Only U can persuade him to be back.He need your love the most.He always get our love but not U.Please bring him back"she said desperately begging him with tears on her cheek.Byunghun take her in a hug.

 

  "I'll try Mrs.Lee.I'll do my best"he said not really confident in his words.Mrs.Lee nod and soon release herself from Byunghun's hug and back looking at Chanhee.

 

  "Why does it hurt so much watching U like this Chanhee-ah?I wish I was the one who feel the pain for U"Byunghun thought staring at Chanhee's peaceful sleeping face.

 

  "U should go home.Your parent will be worried since its already too late.We can come again tomorrow to visit him"Mr.Lee said looking at Byunghun.Byunghun nod with his eyes still on Chanhee.

 

  "Do U need a ride?We can give U a ride"Mr.Lee said again.Byunghun turn to him.

 

  "Its okay Mr.Lee.I can take the cab"he said smiling a bit.

 

  "Just call me abeoji and eommonim for her"Mr.Lee said smiling pointing at Mrs.Lee.

 

  "Ne abeoji"Byunghun smile nodding.

 

  "We'll be going first.Make sure U go home.We can visit Chanhee again tomorrow"Mr.Lee said and they leave leaving Jaejoong and Byunghun.

 

  "I can give U a ride"Jaejoong said tapping his shoulder.Byunghun smile to him.

 

  "Its okay hyung.I will go home by myself.U should go home too.I'll leave soon"he said and Jaejoong nod.

 

  "Dont stay too late.We have school tomorrow.Even U stay tonight,we cant do anything since we only can visit him tomorrow"Jaejoong said and Byunghun nod.Jaejoong bid him goodbye and walk away.Byunghun turn back to Chanhee.

 

  "What should I do Chanhee-ah?I'm not good in words"he mumbles as he put his hands on the glass mirror which separating him with Chanhee's room.He stay for a few more minutes before walk away with heavy step.

 

----------------------------------

 

  The next morning,Mrs.Lee and Mr.Lee was surprised to see Byunghun beside Chanhee's bed when they stop by before going to work.

 

  "Byunghun-sii,dont U have school?"Mr.Lee said making Byunghun turn to them and stand abruptly.

 

  "Oh abeoji eommonim.I want to skip a day of school today.I want to stay by Chanhee's side on his first day in hospital"he smile a bit.Mr and Mrs.Lee nod .

 

  "Then,we have nothing to worry.We're only going to stop by for a while.Then,we will be heading to work now"Mrs.Lee said and leave for work.

 

  Byunghun turn back staring at Chanhee sitting down.

 

  "U know what Chanhee?I love it when U look peaceful like this but I dont like it if U're too silent like this"he said reaching out his hand and stay on Chanhee's cheek and carressed it.

 

  "I know I have been a jerk to U all this time.I dont deserve your love.Your love was too genuine for me.I've been trying to stop the warm feeling toward U for years.I've tried so hard to push U away so U will stop giving me the feelings but U're so persistent onto me.Its not because I hate U but I'm just afraid I will fall for U harder than I can handle"his tears fall one by one onto Chanhee's hand.He take Chanhee's left hand with his right hand and interwined it,caressing it with his other hand.

 

  "Can U wake up for me?I promise I will do anything for U to forgive me.Even if U ask me to marry U,I'm willing to do it.Just,please wake up.I cant watch U like this.I want the hyper Chanhee and clingy Chanhee around me"he sobs silently holding Chanhee's hand harder.Chanhee didnt give any reaction.

 

  He wipe his tears and keep on talking with the sleeping Chanhee.The time pass by and Byunghun didnt even leave the room.He only stand when the doctor came to check on Chanhee.

 

  Byunghun turn to the door when it is opened from the outside.Jungkook's head pop out and open the door widely revealing the others.They mumbled a hi in which Byunghun reply with a nod and turn back to Chanhee.

 

  "How is he?"Myungsoo ask with his hand on Byunghun's shoulder while the other sit on the sofa in the room.Chanhee is in the VIP room so it is a bit fancy than the normal ward.

 

  "No reaction.I've been talking to him all this time"Byunghun reply sighing.Myungsoo pat his shoulder lightly.

 

  "He will wake up soon.Just dont give up"he said walking toward the other when Byunghun give him a nod.

 

  Byunghun turn to them and ask about school.They told him about what happened in school which was normal as usual except that the teachers are searching for him.Byunghun nod slightly.

 

  "I'll just meet them tomorrow"he said and as he done talking,the door opened revealing Chanhee's parents.

 

  "Oh.U guys are here already"Mrs.Lee said greeting them as they walk in the room.

 

  The teenagers stand up and greet them back.

 

  "U should go home Byunghun.U have been here since morning.Let us watch over Chanhee now"Mr.Lee said and Byungun half-heartedly nod.He take his bag and walk with his friends after bidding Chanhee's parent a goodbye.

 

  "Oh I almost forgot.L.joe-ah,here a letter for U.Its from Chunji.All of us get it so we went to your locker to see if he sent U one too.And yes he give U one too.Dont worry,we didnt open it.Just in case he wrote a different content for U"Jimin said as he handed a letter to Byunhun.Byunghun take it and look up.

 

  "What did he wrote to U guys?"he ask as he put the letter inside his bag.

 

  "I'll read it at home"he thought.

 

  "Its the same.He said that he is grateful to have us as his friends and that he's happy all the time with us.At the end,he said sorry"Changjo said and all of them nod.Byunghun sigh and look away.

 

  "We should go home now"V said and they leave the hospital.

 

  Byunghun bid them goodbye as he is the first to take off from the bus.

 

  "Are U going to school tomorrow hyung?"Ricky ask and Byunghun simply nod and wave them off.He walk into his house and went straight to his room.

 

  "what should I do?"he ruffled his hair in frustration as he throw himself on his bed.He close his eyes trying to take a nap.He open his eyes in instant when he remembered the letter before.He pull his bag which he throw on the floor beside his bed with his leg as he was too lazy to get up and take out the letter .

 

  'Annyeong Byunghunnie ♡♡♡,when U read this,I'm sure I will be nowhere to be seen.U must like it right.Since my presence annoy U so much,I decided to go away from U.Far far away from your sight.Its your wish isnt it .*awkward laugh* 

  Okay.Leave it to the side.Firstly,thanks for being one of my friend.I dont know if U sincerely think of me as one of your friend or U just pretend to because of the other..haha..Or do U set in your mind that I am just some crazy chaser?Or as U say crazy boy with an obsession? I dont want to bother myself to change that title anymore.For U it might an obsession but its not for me.It just that I've fall too hard for U to go back.I've tried so hard to wipe this feelings off but I just cant..What is it about U that I love U so much? Aish..I've gone too far .I dont want to turn this letter into confessing letter.I'm sure U know about my feelings so much.

  But so for U to know,I give up.I give up on chasing after U.Its not that I dont love U anymore but U know,I'm too tired already.I dont know what to do..I'm tired to death.

  Other than that,I'm giving up on living.I dont find any reason why I have to stay alive in this cruel world.Its really cruel isnt it?. U maybe know it by now.I suffered a brain cancer.Surprised?or maybe U're not.They told me that if I didnt operate it soon,it can cause death.I thought,isnt death is a good thing?I can be free from all things.My sadness will fade away as my soul are taken away.But honestly,I'm afraid of the word 'death' .Is it painful?Where will I go after I die? Will I get to see my parents again?My friends?How will be they doing after  I die?Will they be sad?All the question hunted me.I dont know what to do for a while but then I decided.U guys are doing okay without me.I know my decision will make my parents sad but I know they will understand when they read the letter I left in my room.

  So,my final decision is I'm going to give up.I give up on continuing this pathetic life of mine.Can U promise me one thing Byunghun?If someday someone like me appear and chase after U like I do,can U give him a chance?I dont want him to end up like me.

  I didnt realize I've wrote too long.I hope U read it until the end.I give up on U doesnt mean I've stop loving U.I still love U so much..Saranghae Lee Byunghun.Lets meet at the next life.

                                                               Love,

                                             Lee Chanhee (your chaser)'

 

  Byunghun's tears flow down as he read the letter.He take the letter on his chest and cry silently.

 

  "I'm sorry Chanhee-ah.If U woke up,I promise I will love U as much as U love me.Just dont give up on living"he whispered slowly and drifted to sleep.

 

  The next day,he went to school as usual and went to the hospital after school ended.

 

  He smile to Chanhee's parent and told them to go home to take a rest as he will be there the whole evening.They nod and said that they will be back to take turn watching over Chanhee after dinner.He nod and they walk out.Byunghun sit beside Chanhee taking his hand.

 

  "Chanhee-ah,can U hear me?Can U promise me one thing too?Promise me U are not giving up on living.I'm waiting for U here"he said and take Chanhee's pinky finger.

 

  "U've promise me"he said slowly as he knitted Chanhee's pinky finger with his own.

 

  The routine repeated for two weeks.Chanhee have been in coma for two weeks now and the doctor said that he is giving a positive signal lately.

 

  Byunghun went to the hospital when Chanhee's parent call him to take over watching Chanhee as they have work to do. Byunghun agreed since it was saturday and he has nothing to do .

 

  He arrived at the hospital and notice that Chanhee's parent already left the hospital.He went in Chanhee's room and greet Chanhee even he didnt get any response.He sit beside Chanhee and take his hand like he always do.

 

  "I'm here again Chanhee.Do U miss me?because I miss U already even we just met yesterday"he giggled at his own words.

 

  "I must have gone crazy all this time waiting for U"he laugh slowly caressing Chanhee's hand softly.

 

  "I cant wait till U awake .I wont let U go anymore.I-"he startled when he feel Chanhee's fingers made a movement.He widened his eyes looking at Chanhee's hand in his own.

 

  "Chan..Chanhee-ah,can U hear me?Can U move it once again?"he stuttered as he stare at Chanhee's face.As if he heard what Byunghun was saying,Chanhee's pinky finger move slightly again followed by a flutter of his eyelashes.Byunghun's tears flow down his cheek as he press the button beside Chanhee's bed calling for doctors.

 

  After a while,the doctor came in and told him to wait outside.Byunghun walk out and called Chanhee's parent telling them what have just happened .He hope Chanhee would wake up with those reaction.

 

  After waiting a few minutes,a nurse came out and told him that he can go in.He quickly went in and met with Chanhee who has been awake.His tears flows down his cheek.

 

  "Chanhee-ah,finally U're awake"he went and hug Chanhee as tight as he can.Chanhee pull himself from the hug and stare at him.

 

  "Mianhae..but who are U?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just like some other typical drama..Sorry 'bout that ..hahaha

I hope U guys will keep reading..It is already reaching the end I guess ^^

Sorry for the late update and forgive all my mistakes ^^

Do subscribe and commenting ^^ Love ya ♡♡