After A Minute

After A Minute (Sequel of '60 Seconds')

60 Seconds: The next minute.

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and its warmth lingered through my fingertips.

Do you believe in fate?

Or in destiny?

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t.

4 years ago at this same place, as I watch the train pass and the wind blows, through the bustling crowd. I think I believed in it. I think I have seen a ‘red string’. I think I saw my future with someone, but as soon as it came, it fades.

I didn’t looked for him, I guess I was just too prideful and in the midst of my busy life, I forgot all about him, and there were times like this, when I stare blankly along the passing crowd and I remember.

It’s almost the time for the last train, I sighed to my helplessness. Deep inside I was waiting, to see that mopped of dirty blonde hair, that white skin, that lonely gaze. I am wishing for a miracle, to see him, I laughed at my bitterness and looked up…

My heart stopped.

Do you believe in love?

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t.

4 years had passed and I recovered from self-pity, studied hard, and now I’m getting towards my dream, a dream that I once can’t afford.

Though I am happy and full of hopes for myself, something is missing, and I lost it 4 years ago, in this same spot, there were times I don’t think of him, and there were times that I wonder who’s that person, if I chased him, if I strive and work a little harder to know his name, would I be happy?

A lot of time has passed since that day and a lot of people left marks on my life, would searching for him be fruitful?

My race a hand through my locks and laughed. I wish I can see him, once more, just to make sure…

If I would be allowed for one wish, I want to return to that minute and chased after him, at least to know his name…

But there were millions of people, bustling around this area, millions of people around the world; I haven’t seen him in 4 years, why would this day be any different.

I gave up the thought with a sad laughter, the last train will be coming I need to look ahead…

A pair of brown eyes looked at me, as if I was what he’d been searching for the whole time…

Across the rails, across the crowd.

I saw him.

I saw him.

His eyes looked at me, and I realized that he remembered me, after all this time, he might’ve hoped that we will meet.

Who are you?

His eyes spoke of longing.

When you’ve been given this chance, a chance to change that one minute four years ago, what would I have done…

It was like my feet did all the thinking, I ran towards the connecting bridge.

Like I was sure I know what I do I flee towards the bridge.

Would he ask my name?

Would he remember me?

Pushing the angry people aside I ran, with all my strength… I ran.

I was exhausted, my feet screamed but my heart won’t stop, not until I was sure…

And I saw him.

The sunset blared through the glass windows of the connecting bridge, my feet stopped and as if the people around us disappeared.

He was panting hard, worry on his face when he searched for me, as if he was about to cry…

I can’t forced myself to stop, and when I saw him, once again I saw relief wash over him…

I stepped forward.

I stepped forward.

I saw once more, what I saw the first time my eyes laid on him.

I see my future, I see my happiness, I see…

I saw fate.

A foot apart, like we were reading each other’s mind, we stopped.

There were tears falling from his eyes, like he’s saying…

Like he was telling me, that finally… finally…

Finally we meet.

I held out my hand, hesitant but nonetheless happy.

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun”

Quite choked up by the formality and that beautiful smile I took his offered hand.

“I’m Lee Sungmin.”

“Finally…”

“…We meet…”

 

-END-