Baby I Love You

I Wrote a Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: It's here yes! Oh, and well, just so you know, I decided not to make this a sidestory of my other one shots though it has some things in common since I already started it like that and too lazy to change it. TT This is a different oneshot but I hope you like it and reached your expectations. :)

Word Count: 5K +

Jonghyun always has this passion for music ever since he was little. It's not his parents or whomsoever who forced him into it. It just came naturally. They just suddenly found a little Jonghyun who's singing not a nursery rhyme but a hit song during those times. Maybe because it is what he's been hearing the whole time and not the nursery rhymes but the elders find it amusing how a two and a half-year-old toddler can sing such song.
Jonghyun grew up being so fond of music. It's like his other half. Without music, he feels empty, incomplete. Music is his safe haven where he can express more of himself. Well, they say that it is a way of the unspoken thoughts of someone though.

Jonghyun started writing songs when he was 10 and that's also the time when he met a feline like boy whose name is Kibum. Kibum is a bright young boy. Well, the younger is quite sassy and more like a diva. He even snob Jonghyun the first time he approached him but being the typical friendly Jonghyun, he still insists on calling him until the younger finally looked at him.

The first ever song Jonghyun wrote when he was 10 was about his mom whom he looked up the most. Ever since their dad left, his mom has been working hard to support him and his sister. She became their mom and dad at the same time. The next song he wrote is about his most hated subject which is Math. He loathes that subject so much that he decided to write something thinking that maybe through it, he might come to at least like it. He wrote something about the winter snow the next and then the spring fall, his first Christmas with Kibum, his sadness, happiness as well as other people's, love songs and so on. He wrote lot's of song and accompanied it with the music he composed using his guitar or keyboard that his mother gave him on his birthday.

He might have written a lot of songs, but he doesn't really let just anyone hear it. His mom and his sister are the ones who often hear it, even Onew and Taemin got to hear some of his songs too, as well as Minho when he started hanging out with them since Kibum introduced him as his 'best friend since diaperhood'.

But Kibum never really heard his songs ever since they've been friends. Even now that they both consider themselves as best friends, he still didn't hear any songs that Jonghyun wrote and composed himself. Just those songs that Jonghyun covers and just random songs that he will suddenly sing while hanging out together.

And now, it's been years since he started writing songs and composing music and Jonghyun's been bothered by his feelings lately. There's this someone he likes. Well, he likes this person ever since he met this certain someone and his feelings for this someone keeps on growing. Day by day, he keeps on liking the person more. Stealing glances, smiling when he saw the person smile, feel flattered when he got complimented and so on.

Because of those feelings, Jonghyun began scribbling it all on a sheet of paper. He started writing the lyrics of the song thinking about that very person. Thinking about the times they spent together and just anything that involves that person. He's in love. Yes, he's in love with him and maybe he can sing this song to him when the right time comes.

~

The next day, Jonghyun, with his guitar, walked inside the house next to them as if he lives there. He was greeted by an empty household since Kibum's parents are always at work. He climbed upstairs and went straight to his best friend's room who he assumed is studying since they have an upcoming exam next week.

He stopped in front of a closed door that has a sign which read 'DO NOT BOTHER!' in bold letters. He smiled thinking how childish this is. Kibum has a lot of door signs like 'the beauty is sleeping', 'i'm busy', 'no dinosaur allowed' and so on which Kibum puts depending on his mood and what he's doing inside his room.
Why is he in this house in the first place? Well, Jonghyun just finished writing a song for the person he likes and even though he never really let Kibum hear his songs, he just wants to hear his opinion about this. This one is special and he wants his best friend to hear this first before any other can.

Jonghyun took a deep breath before twisting the knob and entered the said room.

"Kibummie~" the nineteen-year-old Jonghyun sing sang as he entered the younger's room. "I need your help."

Kibum looked back at him from his study table and let out a sigh as he saw his best friend walks to his bed and settled himself there as well as his guitar. "Can't you see that I'm busy?" he asked as he showed Jonghyun the pile of textbooks on his table as he is currently preparing for their major exams. "Shouldn't you be studying too?"

Jonghyun pouted. "Just give me five minutes." he told him, not minding the question about him studying.

Kibum rolled his eyes and faced Jonghyun fully this time. "Just five minutes." he said, crossing his arms. "What do you need my help for?"

Jonghyun smiled widely. "I need your opinion."

"About?" Kibum asked, arms still crossed.

"I wrote a song." Jonghyun said softly.

Kibum got taken aback from what he heard. "That's a first," he said. "You never really let me hear your songs, though."

Jonghyun looked away shyly. "That's because.. I.. You know..?"

"Whatever. Just let me hear it." Kibum shrugged. "What is it about?"

Jonghyun looked around the room, looked anywhere, anything but Kibum. He actually finds it kinda embarrassing. "Well... There's this someone I like.."

"O..kay?" Kibum answered, unsure. "Is it about that person?" 

Jonghyun looked at Kibum and shrugged. "I guess? Kind of? Maybe?"

Kibum was quiet for a moment as if he's thinking of something. "So you're like planning to confess or what?" he asked.

Jonghyun shook his head. "No." he answered. "Not yet? I haven't thought of it actually, I just want to sing this song for him."

Kibum's eyes widen when he heard that last word that slipped from Jonghyun's mouth. "Him?" he didn't know that his best friend swings that way.

"Yeah, him," Jonghyun said casually as if it's not a big deal.

"Jonghyun.., you.. You're.."

"Gay?" he asked and shook his head. "No, not really. Just bi, is that what you call it? But only to this boy. He's the only boy I like." he explained himself.

Kibum's mouth formed an 'o' shape and just nodded, his slight discomfort about it unnoticed. So Jonghyun likes someone "Well..okay. So, are you singing or not? You see, I still need to study." he told him.

"Oh, yes. Right." Jonghyun grabbed his guitar and started to tune it a bit just in case. He looked at Kibum in the process who watched him with excited eyes. "Are you that excited?"

Kibum nodded furiously. "It's the first time I'll be hearing your self-composed song so yes, I'm excited and because this is a special one, I'm more excited."

Jonghyun let out a laugh at how cute his best friend is. "Okay calm down or you might get disappointed," he said as he strums his guitar.

"I doubt." Kibum said as he stood up from his seat and sat on the foot side of his bed.
Jonghyun smiled and turned himself to face Kibum. "Well, here we go." and he started to play his song.

I look at you, you look at me
I look away, so you can't see
I'm dreamin’ of you
And you don't even know, you don't even know

Jonghyun started to sing the first verse of the song softly looking down on his feet, feeling embarrassed to look at Kibum because he knows that the younger would just say something about his cheesy lyrics but whatever. It's for the boy he likes so okay.

That I'm falling madly in love
With you, with you,
And I wish that you were going crazy for me too.

This time, he looked up and saw Kibum with his eyes closed as he listens intently on Jonghyun's song. Jonghyun smiled and pictured the boy he likes as he continues singing. He's falling in love with him day by day and he wished that the other feels the same too

.And I sit alone in the darkest night.
My heart is pounding and I wonder why,
Why am I invisible, why can’t you see
I’m in love with you? Are you in love with me?

Kibum's eyes were still closed and he smiles from time to time as he hears the lyrics of the song. His heart was beating so hard as if Jonghyun's singing this song for him. As if he's the boy that Jonghyun likes but those are all what if's and Jonghyun's not interested in him.

You show some signs, but I'm not sure.
It's a secret love, and you’re the cure.
I just need to knowWhat you think about me, about me.

Jonghyun continued singing, eyes never leaving the feline boy whose eyes were close.

Cause I'm falling madly in love
With you, with you,
And I wish that you were going crazy for me too.
And I sit alone in the darkest night.My heart is pounding and I wonder why,
Why am I invisible, why can’t you seeI’m in love with you? Are you in love with me?

Kibum's heart was still pounding so hard that he's afraid Jonghyun might hear it when he stopped playing the guitar. How he wish that it's for him. How he wish that he's that boy.

 And don't you think that maybe you and me
Could be a possibility.
I just wish that, baby, you could see, you could see... 

Could they be? Jonghyun thought to himself. Is there a possibility for them to be together? Because he already can picture his future with this boy he likes.

That I'm falling madly in love
With you, with you,
And I wish that you were going crazy for me too.
And I sit alone in the darkest night.
My heart is pounding and I wonder why,
Why am I invisible, why can’t you see

Jonghyun sang the last verses of the song with all his heart. Confessing the feelings he has for the boy. Saying that he's madly in love with him and he's the only one he's thinking of.

I’m in love with you, Are you in love with me?

Kibum opened his eyes and saw Jonghyun looking at him with full sincerity written on his face. He can't help but blush on the last sentence of the song as if it's for him. As if Jonghyun's saying that he's in love with him and Kibum's answer if he's asked if he's in love with him is yes. God! Yes he's in love with Jonghyun and he's been showing him signs but he thinks that his best friend is too oblivious to notice his feelings.

Jonghyun stopped strumming his guitar and smiled sheepishly at Kibum. "So what do you think?" he asked Kibum.

'I love it. It's really beautiful Jjong.' was what Kibum wanted to say but his diva side got the greater side of him so he answered with "It's okay I guess?" he chuckled. "It's too cheesy though but I bet your crush will like it." because yes I love it.

"You think so?" Jonghyun asked.

Kibum nodded as he stood up and went back to his study table. "Yeah."

"How about you?" Jonghyun asked him as he put his guitar back in its case. "Do you... Like it?"

Kibum looked on the other side, not wanting to show Jonghyun his expression because he loves it. He really does. "I.. Well, yeah, I like it." he told the older.

"Okay." Jonghyun said softly as he stood up once he finished putting back his guitar. "Well, thanks, Bummie." he told the younger as he pats him on his back. "You can continue studying now. Good luck on your exams!" 

"Yeah, thanks." Kibum said and opened his books again, the older already by the door.

"Fighting!" Jonghyun said lastly with his fist up in the air and went on his way back to his house.


 

 

It's been two weeks since Jonghyun let Kibum hear his song for the person he likes and he's been curious if the older already sings that song to that person so he went to Jonghyun's house on a Saturday afternoon, greeting the older's mom and sister on the way.

"Jonghyun's in his room dear." Mrs. Kim told him.

"Thank you eomoni." he said curtly and made his way to Jonghyun's room.

He stopped in front of the door and knocked since he's not like Jonghyun who just always barged into his room without even knocking. After knocking twice, he opened the door and saw Jonghyun sitting on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter