Yoga

MiMo-centric
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There’s no better way to enjoy a lazy Sunday afternoon than to sprawl across the sofa and channel surf with a bowl of chips on top of your stomach. Momo was doing just that when her apartment door swung open, making her instantly regret giving Jungyeon a spare key. Her eyeroll went unnoticed as the intruder had her face glued to her phone while walking toward the sofa.

“I invited Nayeon unnie out but I don’t want it to be too awkward with just the two of us so like, come with me later,” Jungyeon said as she settles on the other end of the sofa. Hearing no response from her best friend, she looked up to find a bored Momo staring at the TV. “Did you hear what I said?”

“Sadly, yes. But I was hoping you’d go away if I ignored you,” Momo said matter-of-factly. Reaching for more chips, her hand patted her stomach instead—where her bowl of chips used to be. Finally looking at Jungyeon, she found the culprit clutching her precious snack all the while glaring at her.

“We made a pact—no matter what happens, food should never be involved!” Momo glared back.

“You were being an a-hole first,” Jungyeon defended.

“Ughhh fine, what do you want?” Momo snatched back her chips.

“Do yoga with Nayeon unnie and I later.”

“Yogatta be kidding me. Couldn’t you think of a better date course?”

Jungyeon raised an eyebrow but decided to ignore Momo’s stupidity. “She said she wanted to try yoga. So you coming or not?”

“Namaste home,” Momo replied, eyes still on the TV.

“And I’m gonna slap you,” Jungyeon deadpanned.

Sensing that Jungyeon didn’t really appreciate her puns, the brunette finally switched off the TV and sat up to face Jungyeon.

“Tell me, why should I leave the comfort of my home on a Sunday just to be the third wheel? What’s in it for me?”

“We’re going to eat at that new restaurant afterwar—”

“What time should I get ready by?” Momo interrupted, suddenly overflowing with excitement.

“I knew that would work on you,” Jungyeon narrowed her eyes at Momo.

“Of course! No need to think about it twice when it’s a free meal—oh and to help my best friend get the girl,” Momo smiled cheekily.

“Shut up, you pig. Be ready by 5:30, the session is at 6pm.”

***

It was only after stepping foot inside the room and seeing people lay down their yoga mats that Momo realized, she didn’t have one…

“Jungyeon you idiot, you didn’t tell me I need a yoga mat!”

“Oops? My bad. I guess the floor will have to do for you,” Jungyeon smirked.

“Yah, why didn’t you tell Momo to buy a mat?” Nayeon reprimanded.

“I guess I overestimated her intelligence and thought she would know that you need a yoga mat to do yoga,” Jungyeon teased while laying out her mat and sitting on top of it.

“Why you little!” Momo came charging at Jungyeon. “Give me that mat! You sit on the floor then since you’re such a jerk!”

The two friends began fighting for the mat like little kids while Nayeon could only hide her face in embarrassment and walk away from them. The ruckus caught the whole class’s attention as well as the instructor’s.

“Excuse me, what’s going on here?” Momo thought she heard something but she was too caught up in the battle to care.

Her irritated expression turned to one of confusion when she looked up after feeling a pat on her shoulder. “Uhm is everything alright?” Oh. So it was a voice that she heard earlier, not a mosquito.

“I’m the instructor for this class. If you have any problem, please speak to me,” the instructor spoke.

Momo could only stare at the instructor dumbfoundedly. She didn’t even feel Jungyeon kicking her and just fell flat on her .

“I’m sorry, Ms. Instructor. My friend here forgot her yoga mat so we were fighting for mine,” Jungyeon scratched the back of her head.

Momo was now sitting cross-legged, half-pouting half-glaring at Jungyeon, oblivious to the instructor’s lingering gaze on her. “No worries, you can use one of mine. I always bring an extra one.”

At the sound of the good news, Momo finally lifted her head up to look at the instructor and was met with the most dazzling smile she had ever seen—even more than her own.

“Come with me,” Ms. Instructor said. Momo followed her with uneven steps, still embarrassed that she had to witness such a commotion. Momo bowed her head lightly and whispered a quiet, “Thank you,” before returning to her spot, face flushed after seeing Ms. Instructor smile at her. She raised a fist when she passed by Jungyeon, who responded by sticking her tongue out. Nayeon hit Jungyeon’s arm from the other side and that official ended the fiasco.

***

To further embarrass herself, Momo managed to mess up every pose and Ms. Instructor had to constantly come and help her.

“Lay on your stomach and relax your shoulders, hands to the side. Now slowly raise your head up along with your arms and feet. Try to focus your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter