The Truth

Look At Me (Junshua)

You’re so stupid, Joshua.
He stopped running after a while and found himself in an empty room. He gasped, realizing he’d been holding his breath. 
Why did you run? He’s gonna think you hate him!
Joshua collapsed into a chair, looking around in the empty room with a similar emptiness in his heart.
Jun always teases me. This is just another joke. But it still hurts. 
Because it hit too close to home.
Because he really did like Jun but he was sure Jun just saw this whole ‘I like you’ thing as a joke.
You’re overreacting, Joshua. Maybe…
Maybe he does like you. Maybe he’s not joking. Maybe your feelings are mutual.
He was supposed to be resting right now, in preparation for a stage later today, but screw that. He just sat in the lonely room, thinking.
But really, what’re the odds that he likes me back? Maybe…
His heart froze.
Maybe when I was sick, I confessed to him, and he’s using that to taunt me now. Maybe he knows my feelings for him and he’s just messing with me. 
The tears resurfaced for the second time that day. He swallowed, willing himself not to cry. He was so deep in thought he didn’t hear the door open.

“Shua?”
Joshua looked up, then immediately away. But it was too late.
“Shua? Why’re you alone? Why-are you crying!?” Jeonghan ran up to him, trying to meet his eyes. Joshua was trying to hide his face, but there was no point.
“Why’re you here…?” he asked quietly.
“I saw you run across the hall and I thought something happened,” Jeonghan explained. “But forget that! Why’re you crying!!??
Joshua sniffed and wiped his eyes, trying to regain his composure.
“It’s nothing,” he said softly.
Jeonghan watched him carefully.
“Does this have something to do with…Jun?” 
Joshua’s eyes widened.
“Wh-why do you think that?”
Jeonghan smiled knowingly.
“I’m not blind, you know.”
Joshua couldn’t believe what he was hearing.
“I know about you and Jun. It’s so painfully obvious. Well, maybe not to you. So, what happened?”
Joshua shook his head, breathing heavily. “It’s not-it’s nothing.”
Jeonghan huffed in annoyance. “I’m your best friend, and you won’t even tell me why you of all people are crying? I’m hurt.”
Great, Joshua had upset two people in one day. He was on a roll.
“Did Jun say something? Is that it?” 
Joshua shook his head again.
“Then what? Shua, if you don’t say I can’t help you.”
Joshua looked up.
“How much do you know?”
Jeonghan gaze softened. “I know that you like him, I’m not sure if he likes you. Did you confess yet?”
Joshua exhaled heavily.
“That-that’s it. I just-I don’t think he likes me, but he just told me he does, but I’m sure he’s joking.” 
“Is that really what you think?”
“It’s what I know.”
Jeonghan chuckled at the naivety of his friend. He ruffled Joshua’s hair. “Well, your knowledge is incorrect, because I think you’re totally wrong.” 
Joshua closed his eyes. “What makes you so sure?”
“Because I know you, and no one would be able to resist falling for you,” Jeonghan replied half jokingly, “…Prince Joshua.”
“Oh, shut up.” But his tears had dried and there was a faint smile on his lips.
“Don’t let your doubts hold you back, ok? Fighting!” Jeonghan got up. He gave Joshua one last approving thumbs up before he left the room. 
Joshua smiled. He was lucky to have a friend like Jeonghan. Really.

Jun stared at empty space for a bit, his mind in shut down mode. So had he just been rejected? He’d seen it in movies, and it was always so seamless, nothing like this. And why did Joshua look like the one who was going to cry? Shouldn’t it’ve been the other way around? He sighed, tired and confused. He wandered the halls in a daze when he passed Jeonghan.
Jeonghan stopped. “Your damsel in distress is in the recording room,” he informed, a small smile playing on his lips. “Better hurry before a wolf takes him!” He snickered and ran off before Jun could have any idea what the hell that meant. In any event, he went to the recording room, his heart pounding like mad. 
He opened the door and saw Joshua sitting there, drying his eyes quietly. Jun froze, and Joshua looked up and seemed shocked as well. Joshua quickly stood up.

“H-hey-”
But Jun felt like a coward today. He’d just been rejected, right? So instead of talking, he bolted out of the room.
“Jun!” he heard Joshua call out. But Jun kept running aimlessly. He kept running and running and somehow ended up at the back of the building. He opened the door where the company pool was and ran outside.
Joshua was on his heels and emerged a few moments later breathlessly. He saw Jun and started towards him.
“Jun-”
Jun held up a hand. “Stay back,” he warned. “I know you don’t like me, but unfortunately I actually do, so it kind of hurts to see you right now. So yeah, go back.” The words were hurting him just as much as the older boy. 
Joshua bit his lip but kept moving towards Jun. Jun kept backing away.
“Hyung, I told you to go back.”
“Were you serious back there?” Joshua suddenly asked softly. “Do you really like me?”
Jun rolled his eyes against his will. Was Joshua just toying with him now? “Yes, hyung. I was goddamn serious.”
Joshua took a deep breath.

“Y-you see the thing is-um-I thought you were just saying that all as a joke and you didn’t mean any of it and it hurt a lot because I really do…like you. I really, really do, Jun. So that’s why I ran out-I thought you saw my feelings as a joke-I’m sorry-I honestly like you too-”
In two strides Jun was now inches apart from Joshua.
“Say that again,” he said quietly. Joshua gulped.
“I...like you too,” Joshua replied in a shaky voice, wondering why Jun’s eyes were glinting so dangerously and why his arms were drawn back-
SPLASH!
Joshua fell backwards towards the pool, the cold water enveloping his body. He gasped and pulled himself back up, shocked.
“Jun-”
“You thought I was joking!?” Jun said, and Joshua couldn’t tell if Jun was angry or not. “You really thought that? it, I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU! God, do you know how often I thought about confessing, and how many times I had to hold myself back from doing something to you because I thought you didn’t like me?!”
Joshua was both shocked and angry that Jun had just pushed him into the pool and fired back.
“Well, I thought you only played around with me as a joke! How was I supposed to know you were being serious?! I LIKE YOU TOO!” Joshua felt himself choke up and his voice broke. “I...really do…”
Then he got out of the pool and walked up to Jun, who was still standing at the edge, and moved towards him. His face got scarily close to Jun’s and Jun swallowed involuntarily, watching Joshua’s eyes flutter shut.
Then he felt his body fall backwards and this time he was in the pool, Joshua smirking down at him.

“Take that!” Joshua called, giggling. Jun stood there openmouthed. Oh no he didn’t…
He shot towards Joshua and grabbed Joshua’s leg, pulling him towards the pool. Joshua actually screamed as Jun yanked him downwards. Jun finally tackled him into an embrace, as they both stood in the water.
“Okay, so I like you. And you like me,” Jun confirmed. Joshua nodded, his face heating up since Jun’s body was pressing up against his. He leaned in closer.
“You know what I’m going to do now right?”
Joshua smiled weakly. “Drown me?” He indicated Jun’s hands which were tightly gripping his shoulders.
Jun smirked and pushed Joshua up against the pool wall, the water lapping slightly over the edges.
“Something less regretful this time,” he murmured. He leaned closer once more.
Then their lips met.
And if it was incredible last time, it was even better this time.
Because their feelings were mutual.
He felt Joshua moan slightly and Jun resisted the urge to drown himself in how tempting it sounded. Joshua wrapped his arms around Jun’s neck and leaned in, making the picture perfect. 

They finally pulled away because breathing was necessary to live. Jun smirked again.
“Third time now,” he remarked. Joshua raised his eyebrows.
“Oh, right. The first time, you were asleep, so…”
Joshua’s eyes widened. “You took my first kiss and I don’t even remember it?” he whined. Jun grinned.
“Well, it was my first kiss too…”
Joshua smiled and suddenly lunged at Jun, their lips meeting again as he threw his arms around the taller male. Jun gave a startled cry and steadied himself in the water, returning the embrace. Then Joshua pulled away as suddenly as he’d come, laughing.
“There. Now we’re even,” he explained. Jun shook his head.
“That doesn’t even make any sense…”
Joshua’s eyes sparkled in glee as he made his way out of the water, pulling Jun along.
“Let’s go. I’m drenched.”
Jun rolled his eyes. “And whose fault is that?
“Yours.” Joshua reminded him. Oops. Jun blushed a little as he realized his mistake and Joshua caught it, beaming from ear to ear.
“You should blush more often. It’s cute,” he remarked, making Jun blush even harder. Joshua pinched Jun’s cheek as they treaded the halls, soaked. Jeonghan saw and he winked at the pair before scurrying away. This guy knows too much, Jun decided. Oh well.
Today had been fantastic.
And Jun wasn’t being sarcastic this time.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..........................................AAAAAAAH!!!!! 

omg I didnt know it was possible to freak out over your own writing oops

anwyway valentines day is coming up soon so here's your gift~! I I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as much as I did! Thank you for all the support ^^ and no, I'm not going to end it yet. There'll be a lot more to come/////Junshua forever, hehe ;;;;