The Wannabe Saviour

The Odalisque

According the title, it is what it is. A hero who has yet become a hero - well just read will you? 


Ten things were running in the boy’s mind and let me tell you what a huge miscalculation he did on his part. He hadn’t expected her beauty to be that dazzling sure there was the sudden tug of his heartstrings when she danced but it wasn’t as groundbreaking as it was when he saw her smile. Her pearly teeth might’ve been too white that it struck him blank – suddenly too dumb to think anything else but compliments of the woman in front of him. 

“Sir?” She waved a hand in front of him, the smile as if a dream as it was now replaced with a placid expression. Gone was the mirth in her eyes nor any emotion, in fact he wondered if she had suddenly become a talking doll. Being a man of detail he didn’t miss the old wound that ran deep in her wrist – but he didn’t indulge in that matter instead he closed his eyes. 

Then opened them. 

To blink once more. 

The girl blinked along with him. 

Silence rang between the two. 


He cleared his throat – hoping his voice wasn’t as off-pitch as it was in his ears “Name’s Baekhyun” enter a small courtesy hear and a wave of his lips above her knuckles “Nice to meet you, Miss Sora.” She mustered a smile that was more like a grimace as she bowed in front of the man. Silence, yet again, brewed between the two. It wasn’t awkward but mere indifference from Sora to actually communicate. 

A note about Sora’s views on men 
-    Vile creatures 
-    Selfish 
-    Overruled by lust 
-    Species she would rather have extinct. 

She instead was engulfed by whispers that weren’t even there; haunted by these voices whether she was awake or asleep. Baekhyun didn’t mind as he was glad to take in her face. Her grey orbs that was dull with no specks of life – as if a glass bead – framed with her even eyebrows (might’ve been the first time he saw an eyebrow that was natural that could be that even and neat) and the henna of flowers nestling themselves from her temples down to her heck down to – Bakehyun couldn’t help but gulp at the thin fabric she was wearing. 

Her silk nightwear seemed to dancing along with the wind and her gleaming strands of hair flowing out behind her was supposed to make her shiver at the autumn wind but she stood her ground – it was as if she was too absorbed in her own thoughts to notice anything that happened outside which was exactly what was happening.  Removing his coat, he draped it around her, unknown that he posed as a predator than a saint in her eyes

Sora flinched away from his touch and an inferno of disgust cooked in her eyes – an unknown force had made him take a step back as he watched the beauty in front of him turn into a majestic-like being. A being who was so far out of his reach and even if he was close he dare not come as he would stain her or might incur her fury. She imagined a colossal hand gripping her- squeezing her than any of her kimonos ever could – but it dissipated into nothing as soon as he staggered a step backwards. 

She had almost fell open to a mere stranger – her duty was to entertain not to fright, for god’s sake.  Mustering up a smile that looked strained she apologized making up an excuse about lacking sleep and being out of sorts to maybe even catching a cold. Baekhyun of course, too stunned by the sudden ferocity that emitted from the girl, couldn’t even protest nor stop her from hurriedly walking back to her chambers. 

The man who was basked in sunlight that seemed to embrace him and glow with him couldn’t even fathom the bottomless pit that Sora was spiraling into, but of course it was all a part of my plan; to entwine two from to vastly different worlds. Or maybe that’s what I want you to think or maybe that’s just how it is. Who knows? 


Stumbling inside her chambers, she held her chest that felt like it was being jabbed by little shards of glass one by one. The world spun and her feet buckled, shadow figures emerging out from the walls cornering her – chanting this mantra over and over again. This was normal, she breathed, I can get through this. Shutting her eyes closed, she felt like her soul was being yanked out of her body. 

And then the mantra stopped. 

The room gave light. 

Her grandma stood in the doors. With a face that knew it all, but instead of greeting the child with comfort she immediately gave a blow to Sora’s cheeks. Sora slumped down to the ground, groaning, as if the rug was pulled beneath her feet. Her grandma then took a fistful of her hair and pulled her head closer so she could spit right at Sora “Get your head straight! You lunatic,” a slap “You disgrace,” a jab to the abdomen “you piece of – “ someone cleared their throat outside of the room but grandma didn’t hear it. 

She landed a blow to her stomach once again with a kick – not caring if the girl was now writhing in pain on the floor, eyes lolling to the back of her head. All the while a boy peeked in, rooted to the ground, unable to do anything to stop the grandmother. He watched every single breath knocked out of the beauty – and the scornful grandmother who now smiled in joy. 

As if beating a person who was already beaten up by her own mind wasn’t enough torture – Or maybe that was it. The grandmother could abuse Sora as she was too far gone to even protest. Clenched fists, clenching, unclenching, clenching until finally the go limp – until her grandmother gave a blow to the back of her spine and Sora had to bite her own lip to the point of bleeding just to hold in her scream. 

The grandma now leaned in close to the girl whispering something that couldn’t reach Baekhyun’s ears. But although he couldn’t help her now, he would save her later on. Further the month, he soon will make her escape and regret it immediately afterwards.