Chapter 1

Another Life, Another Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"All right, Momo. You got this. "

My heart pounds as I apporach the door to the publishing office. I took a deep breathe and tried to walk as normal as possible. I have to be calm and cool.  Today is March 18,  my first day working at a small Software Development Company.  I graduated last year,  and all of a sudden, I was thrown into the real world.

During college, I was so eager to graduate and earn my own money. But when I graduated, all I want is to crawl my back to college. Graduating means responsibilities. And a clumsy girl like me.... well, let's just say, I'm still not that mature to handle my responsibilities well.

After months of supermarkets, coffee shops, and babysitting, I was more than ready for a real job. In a way, this position marks my transition to real-deal-adulthood. I can finally welcome the responsibilities I will have as an adult with open arms. Atleast, that's what I tell myself. 

But, of all 365 days, why'd it have to be today? Of all days?? Why?

 

Maybe it's a sign...

 

 

But with a shake of my head, I push those thoughts aside. Those thoughts can wait. I need to be focus and make a good impression today. No, I won't let that get to me. Not Today.

I cheer myself and fling open the door to the building in eager anticipation. A woman suddenly greeted me at the front desk. My hands immediately start to shake.  I'm trying not to stutter.

"Good morning, How can I help you?"

I introduce myself in a very nervous burst, clutching my bag to my chest.

"Um, Hi? I'm Momo, The New Quality Assurance Analyst"

I tried to speak as cheerfully as possible but I guess  I stutter a lot that I look like a nervous wrecked girl. She laughs and gives me a funny look before making her way over.

"Nice to meet you, Momo. This way --- you'll be over in this office today"

I follow her beyond several desks and bookshelves, and she leads  me to a specific table.  She gestures at a couple of empty chairs... Not so daunting, right?

"Here we are! The corner desk. Mr. Zhang will be training you here for the next few weeks. I'm Taeyeon, by the way. Goodluck on your first day!"

After shaking my hand, Taeyeon shuffles back away. I tried to thank her and she just smiles warmly at me. As she leaves, I carefully take my seat. I glance down at the desk, unable to get comfortable. The desk itself is extremely neat and organized. That Mr.Zhang might be a perfectionist. Looking on how neat his table is. I sighed and played with my hands. I wonder how he looks like? That Mr.Zhang?

I tried to imagine what kind of person I'll be working with. I'm kinda hoping it'll be someone who is mature and experienced... I want to develop my skills and learn more. That 4 years of college is not enough. I want to learn more and to be even better. My thought was suddenly interrupted when ---

"Ah-hem, you must be Momo?"

I look up suddenly to find a man standing above me, holding a stacks of papers. He looks young, maybe 3 -4 years older than me. But something about him seems really serious. Behind his glasses, his sharp eyes seem to pierce right through me. His jaw is so well formed and god, I can see his adam's apple whenever he talks. 

"Y--yes!! That's me"

I bounce to stand up in front of him. I mentally face palmed at myself for acting such a klutz. Wow Momo, so much for good impression.

"I'm Zhang Yixing, but you can call me Yixing. So you're the new Quality Assurannce Analyst."

I tried to regain my composure and tried to stop stuttering. Well, in my defense, how can I not be nervous infront of a guy as perfect as him? He shifts his glasses on his nose and gives me a sideway glance.

"Relax, You already got the job. Today's just the basics".  He sits down at the desk and pushes the stack of papers toward me. I try to compose myself to get ready.

"Y-yeah, you're right. So what are doing today?"

"I will just show you some past documentation of how our system works. You have to understand it and get the fundamentals. " He turns his chair towards me, looking me straight in the eyes.  Even though this guy is kind of nerdy, something about him is... certainly intimidating...

"I'm one of the newest team leader here, so that's probably why they assigned you to me. Well, I just want you to know how I work. First, I want everything perfectly done and Second, I need you to do your job right."

I immediately swallowed a lump of  saliva in my throat. Oh-kay, Momo, you got this. You just have to be extra passionate and do your job right. I can do this.

"If you don't want to get fired, you'll do exactly what I say." Yixing is really scary and intimidating but he looks like he knows what he's doing. So I just nodded and smiled at him. lol. "I'll teach you everything --- But you'd better pay attention. "  He doesn't have to say that tho, he already got my whole attention. 

I tried to bend over to shake his hand, leaning my hair over towards him. In one swift motion, I lean over to shake his hand and knock over his coffee.  The desk is soaked along with the stack of papers he had just brought. I mentally scolded myself for being so clumsy. Pabo Momo! 

Yixing's eyes narrow as the black liquid drips all over his desk. "I'm so sorry!!! I was such a klutz, Are you okay?"

"It's fine, I'll just get some paper towels." He tries to say that he's fine but his voice turned so cold I felt my body shiver. The lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter