Number 1: Fluttering Touches pt.2

25 Ways To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been three months since Taehyung had spilt milk and flour all over his kitchen, and Jimin had yet to forgive him. It had taken the pair over two hours to clean the sticky mess out of the floorboards, and another hour before all the egg residue was clean off the stove.

 

Taehyung no longer had an extra key to his apartment.

 

Jimin POV

 

The sun filtered in through the grimy windows, illuminating Jimin’s face in a rather unnatural way. Most would sit and admire the beauty of the rising sun in the early morning, yet Jimin was not one of those people. He wasn’t very ordinary in the first place, and he had more on his mind then the color the sky was at seven in the morning. He was currently walking through the west wing of the campus, trying to find the library. He remembered the area only vaguely, and he definitely didn’t remember which hallway or door it was concealed in. The only time he had ventured into the place, was when he was a guest on the tour many months ago, and Taehyung had stood clinging to his side, distracting him with endless comments about “how long the staircases went on for” and “how big the ceilings were”. In the end, Jimin didn’t remember a single goddamn thing about the library, much less where it was located.

 

He had to say he had been roaming through the hallways for a solid half hour now, and he had pretty much given up about finding the place, opting to finish his research assignment at a later date. He had gotten there pretty early, in hopes that he could finish before his first class. But his search remained fruitless. With a silent sigh, Jimin turned down another corridor, headed for the front office. If anyone knew where it was, he hoped that maybe it would be the staff.

 

Jimin wasn’t expecting many people to be roaming through the hallways of the campus early in the morning, and he definitely didn’t expect Jung Hoseok to be there either. As he rounded the corner, the familiar voice swept up into his ears, and Jimin stood shocked as he watched the idol from afar. The male celebrity had his elbow placed against the counter, and was leaning in intently towards the flustered female receptionist, as she brought forward a map of the campus. Her hands shook as she tapped the map, and her voice trembled as she relayed the information to the idol. Hoseok only looked vaguely interested, his eyes seemed to have glazed over as she went on about the campus and its long windy hallways.

 

Jimin stood perplexed, and unsure whether he should interrupt their conversation, or stay hidden behind an ATM just a moment longer. Jimin couldn’t deny the fact that his legs were shaking, and his palms were sweaty, as he gazed at the rapper he thought he would never see again. It had three months since the last time they met, but Jimin sincerely doubted the older would have any memory of him, and even if he did, he probably wouldn’t want to deal with Jimin for a second time. A wave of dizziness washed over him abruptly, and he clutched at the ATM in front of him as if it was a life line.

 

That was just it. His time in the sun was over, and he should realize that these people want nothing to do with him.

 

Whatever he had in that short time he spent in their van was surely just a formality, and although Hoseok looked absolutely confused and rather bored, it had nothing to do with Jimin and his heartbreaking obsession. He glanced over at the receptionist, red faced, and stumbling over her words as she carried through her lecture, and Jimin realized they weren’t that different. Both of them were weak-kneed at the sight of Hoseok, and both of them had made a fool out of themselves by being weak and pretentious. At least the receptionist could speak. Maybe she could apologize for both of them, because Jimin had gathered himself back together, and had his feet headed in the direction of the nearest exit.

 

He never got that far.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter