First and The Last

Silent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BOLD means Post it Notes

 

Gray clouds loomed over the blue sky, turning it into a gloomy mess overhead. Thunder claps and rain falls rapidly, some turning into snow as it hit the people fluttering about in the streets of Seoul. The thick sheet of snow piling up even more due to the precipitation.

Humans are scurrying about, some seeking shelter immediately while some opted to rush back home in the stormy snow. The winds howled louder than the honking cars on the road. Shopping malls were packed with people seeking safe shelters while Cafes and Restaurants along the streets experience the best sales throughout the year. With everywhere packed with people like sardines, it's no wonder that Kwon Jiyong, a high school student found the cafe annoying when he could hardly place a foot forward without pushing someone or getting pushed by someone. His bulky guitar slung on his back didn't helped him at all.

Finally, being the first few to get into the cafe, he reached the counter. After ordering an extra large cup of steamy and creamy hot chocolate that could last him for a long time, he groaned when he realised he could hardly find a place to sit down and enjoy his drink. Protecting his hot chocolate with both hands and his body, he pushed the people that were crowding around the counter towards the seating area, which was no better. The seats were all taken. Just when Jiyong decided to give up looking for one and just stand for the rest of the snowstorm, he spotted a not empty seat at the back of the cafe. It is not empty because the seat was occupied by a freaking bag. An offending bag. Realizing that no one actually realized that there was a free seat, he slowly pushed his way to the seat so that no one would realize what he was doing and steal what he spotted first.

When Jiyong had almost reached, he finally looked up and took a good look at who's the one sitting opposite the offending bag.

It was a boy. Younger than him he supposed. He had platinum blond hair that sat messily on top of the boy's head. His bangs almost covering his eyes. A set of jet black headphones were covering both his ears, a stark contrast to his hair color. From where Jiyong stood, he saw that the boy was wearing a denim coat with a hot pink fluffy hood sat at the back of his neck. His eyes were trained onto his laptop sat in front of him, while a cup of half drank drink was placed beside it. Jiyong walked up and decided to speak.

"Excuse me? Is there someone sitting here?" Jiyong started. Unexpectedly, the boy didn't look up at him nor gave him any reaction that indicates he heard him.

"Umm, excuse me??? Is there someone sitting here??" Jiyong tried again. The boy still didn't look up. Getting frustrated, Jiyong assumed that the boy couldn't hear him because of the big headphones. So he knocked the table instead.

"Hello?? Is there someone sitting here??" It was then the boy looked up, having noticed Jiyong's knock. It was the first time Jiyong saw the boy's eyes. It was a beautiful hazel brown. But what caught Jiyong's eyes were the dark circles under the boy's eyes. They made him look like a panda. Jiyong stifled a laugh. But the boy merely blinked in confusion at him. Jiyong repeated the question for the fourth time that day. But the boy gave no reaction. Seeing that the boy had no intention in pulling his headphones away, Jiyong gestured instead. He pointed at the seat. The boy then made a O face before nodding.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I thought no one is sitting here." Jiyong apologized after the boy nodded and turned to leave. But when he was going to take another step, he was grabbed by the elbow. He stopped and turned. The boy was holding his elbow. Blinking in confusion, the boy then gestured his hand towards the seat opposite him.

"I can sit?" Jiyong pointed at himself and then at the seat. The boy nodded before releasing the grip on Jiyong and taking the bag off the seat. He ped the bag and pulled out a stack of post it notes and a pen. He scribbled something on it and paste it on the table for Jiyong to see.

'No one is sitting here.'

Jiyong blinked a few more times before smiling gratefully at the stranger boy and sat down with his hot chocolate in hand. Jiyong slid his guitar down his shoulders and placed it against the table. He then pulled his Gucci winter coat closer to him. His coat was a bright red that could easily attract anyone's attention, especially with it's brand name. The soft jet black fur around his neck provided him warmth in the cold snowstorm. Well at least it was worth the money.

Jiyong took a sip of his hot chocolate and moaned in bliss. The creamy taste of the milk and dark chocolate is the best combination in the world, along with some killer whole milk of course. He took another sip and another until he decided to save the rest for later. Putting down his cup, he finally turned his attention to the boy in front of him. The boy had focused back on his laptop and not once lift his eyes up. Jiyong felt the need to socialize.

"Hello. What's your name?" Jiyong asked casually, but it wasn't returned. The boy had once again ignored him. Feeling frustration bubbling in him, he gave up trying to talk to the rude boy. Instead, he tapped his fingers on the table boringly. The crowd was growing and he had no space to play the guitar. To tell the truth, Jiyong was bored, and the noise from the buzzing crowd isn't making his mood any better. So, with the growing frustration, Jiyong snatched the boy's post it notes and his pen left on the table up and scribbled something before tearing one post it out and stick it onto the screen of the boy's laptop. As expected, there was a reaction. The boy lifted his eyebrows in amusement when he saw the post it.

'Can you please take off your headphones?!'

'I see no reason to do it.'

It was the reply of the boy. Surprisingly, the boy pulled out another stack of post it notes and pen from his bag and scribbled his reply on it before pasting it at the back of the laptop.

'Okay. I'm feeling very bored here. I want to talk to you.'

'I see no reason that we should exchange a conversation.'

Another set of post it notes were exchanged.

"Urgh!! Why you!!" Jiyong growled at the boy, who gave him a smug expression.

'Fine. A conversation like this?'

'Whatever.'

'What's your name?'

'Lee Seunghyun. You can call me Seungri too.' Along with that note, a small baby panda was drawn beside it giving a V sign.

'Eww what? You call yourself victory?'

'Any problem?' Another baby panda was drawn next to it, crossing its tiny arms.

"Ow! What the hell?" Jiyong tore that note off his forehead.

'My name's Kwon Jiyong! Nice to meet you!'

'I don't think it's particularly nice.' Seungri thought for awhile before scribbling on the post it note and stuck it on Jiyong's forehead again.

"What's this?" Jiyong almost laughed when he saw a baby panda ignoring a tiny dragon drawn onto the post it.

'That's cute. Is the dragon suppose to be me?'

'Yeah. Thanks for your compliment.'

"No problem!" Jiyong voiced when he saw a blushing baby panda drawn.

Both boys fell into silence as Jiyong decided to do something productive. He pulled out a huge notebook out of his bag. Flipping it open, there were all sorts of musical sheets inside, filled up with lyrics and musical notes. Jiyong brought out his pencil and started biting the end.

"Hmm?" Jiyong hummed when a post it note was stuck on his musical sheet.

'You write music?'

Jiyong looked up from the note and met Seungri's eyes. He nodded to his question. When Seungri didn't say or write anything more, Jiyong scribbled on his stack of post it notes and stuck it onto the screen again.

'Looking at the headphones you have, and the reluctance of taking it off, you like music a lot?'

After reading that note, Jiyong noticed a slight discomfort in Seungri with the way his eyes moved.

'Maybe.' There was no baby panda drawn. Jiyong couldn't guess his feelings.

'Mind sharing with me?'

'Yes I do mind.'

After that, Seungri promptly ignored Jiyong. Even if Jiyong pasted a lot of post it notes onto Seungri's screen, he just wouldn't look up. Jiyong felt a pang of disappointment in his heart. He was getting along with Seungri so well though. What changed?

~~~

The next day, the snow had piled up to a very high level, rendering cars immovable and useless. Snow plow trucks were operating diligently, clearing the snow for everyone. Fortunately, the day was sunny and clear. A good weather.

After yesterday's night encounter with Seungri, Jiyong went home when the snowstorm stopped. Seungri ignored him completely and wouldn't even wave goodbye to him when he left. He wonder what happened. Had he said the wrong thing?

Jiyong went on his usual routine. He went to school and then to his music club until late night. After a tiring practice, he wanted to head home. But something pulled him towards the cafe he went the previous night. Standing in front of the cafe, Jiyong could see that the cafe wasn't as pack as yesterday during the snowstorm. He pushed open the glass doors.

The bells jingled.

He's there. Again. In the same seat. The same headphones. The same winter coat. Jiyong wondered whether the boy had even gone home at all. Ordering the same hot chocolate, Jiyong took the cup to the table again. It was like dejavu. Asking Seungri whether if there's anyone sitting there. As expected, Jiyong was ignored again. Breathing in deeply, he knocked twice on the table to get Seungri's attention. Once Seungri looked up, he looked back down again, as though not recognizing Jiyong's presence. Irritated, Jiyong pulled the chair opposite Seungri and sat down.

"Yah! What did I do? Why are you ignoring me?" Jiyong can't help but asked. Normally, he doesn't care if he's being ignored, but strangely, this boy called Seungri was irritating him. Seungri still didn't respond to him, eyes glued to the laptop screen, hands on mouse, clicking away. Jiyong stared at Seungri for awhile, expecting a reaction, but none was given.

Giving up in initiating a conversation, Jiyong pulled out his notebook again. He starts to turn his frustration towards Seungri into music notes. Every time he got stuck, he takes a furious glance at Seungri and the melodies will start flowing. Jiyong didn't think much at that time but he actually wondered why. Half way through their cold war, Seungri pulled out a digital tablet and digital pen from his bag and placed it in front of his laptop. After connecting it with his laptop, he started drawing on the tablet. Curious, Jiyong spared a not furious glance towards Seungri.

'What are you doing?'

Jiyong took the initiative to ask. Seungri looked up once but looked down again after meeting Jiyong's eyes. Jiyong sighed at Seungri's cold shoulder towards him before continuing his music writing. The melodies turning softer as he wrote.

As the clock hit midnight, 0000, Jiyong yawned as he closed his notebook.

"I'm going home. What about you?" Jiyong looked up and asked, but was again meet with silence. Jiyong sighed disappointedly and stood up, preparing to leave. Seungri seems to know that Jiyong was leaving as he lifted his head when Jiyong pushed his chair backwards. Almost immediately, Seungri shot his hand out and grabbed Jiyong's wrist.

"Wha-?" Jiyong was frozen still upon contact. Due to the long hours in the cafe, Seungri's hands were ice cold. Their eyes met and stayed. It was the second time Seungri physically touched Jiyong, but the older boy felt a chill going down his spine. Seungri's eyes remained fixed onto Jiyong's. His eyes occasionally moving from left to right and from up to down.

"H-Hello? Can you l-let go of my wrist?" Jiyong felt himself stutter. The grip wasn't hard, but soft and gentle. After a few more seconds, he felt the touch on his wrist vanished. Seungri had let his wrist go and back to his tablet and laptop. Clutching the place where Seungri just held with his another hand, Jiyong still felt the lingering cold from Seungri's hands. Was it weird that Jiyong felt the need to warm those hands? Shaking off his alien thoughts, Jiyong left the cafe without turning back.

~~~

The next day, Jiyong wasn't able to go to the cafe because of the conflict in his club. His drummer and pianist wasn't coming to a consensus anytime soon.

Carrie, an Australian drummer had been crushing on Jiyong for a very long time and the whole school had known it as Carrie had self proclaim Jiyong to be hers.

"Jiyong oppa! I'm sure that my way of playing this part is the perfect way to do it!" The blond whined, glaring at the pianist.

"I'm sorry Ji, I just can't back off this time." Youngbae, the pianist shook his head before leaving. Jiyong sighed.

"Carrie! You have to learn how to listen to others' opinions! You're not always right!" Jiyong reprimanded the girl, but she didn't even show a sign of remorse.

"Ji! Let's go somewhere for supper!! I know a place with the best treats!" Carrie suggested with a ty expression on her face.

"I need to go home, Carrie." Jiyong rejected.

"You better follow me or I'll tell my dad to close down the music club." Her expression turn hard and glared at Jiyong, threatening him.

"F-Fine." Jiyong agreed reluctantly, but when he reached where she brought him to, he regretted immediately.

~~~

"W-why here?" Jiyong looked up at the cafe he was brought to. The one where he and Seungri had met.

"They serve really good pastries and drinks! Come on!" Carrie slung her arms around Jiyong's and pulled him inside.

The bell jingled.

Jiyong kept his face forward. He didn't want to know if Seungri is there.

"Why would I care anyway?!" Jiyong mumbled to himself.

"Huh? You said something?" Carrie blinked her heavily make up eyes at him.

"N-No. Let's place our orders." Jiyong replied hastily before heading to the counter quickly and placed his order. For the third time that week, Jiyong bought his third extra large hot chocolate for himself and a fourth one for Carrie. Before he could react after getting his order and Carrie's one, the Australian pulled him towards the back of the cafe.

Where Seungri was.

It was inevitable as Jiyong saw the platinum blond boy sitting at his usual seat. Laptop, tablet and drink in front of him. His jet black headphones sat snugly atop his head, silencing the world. However, it wasn't the usual denim and hot pink winter coat anymore, Jiyong noticed. It was chocolate brown with light brown fluffy fur that made up the hood. Jiyong don't even know if Seungri noticed him in the cafe at all. He was in his own world, separated by the headphones.

"C-Carrie! Why here?" Out of all the empty seats Carrie could have chosen, she chose the one opposite Seungri's table.

"Is there a problem?" She blinked, her innocent eyes could trick anyone.

"N-No." Jiyong shook his head again and reluctantly sat down. Unfortunately his seat was facing Seungri while Carrie was back facing the boy.

"Say ahh~~" Carrie cut a piece of chocolate cake and placed it in front of Jiyong's mouth. He gulped. Looking in front, his eyes were drawn to Seungri instead of Carrie who was in front of him. Closing his eyes tightly, he bit the cake off the fork and leaned back immediately. Jiyong was sweating and he had no idea why. What was he nervous about?

Every time Carrie tried to be intimate with him, Jiyong felt disgusted, but he went along with it. After the fifth time Carrie tried to link hands with Jiyong, the poor president of the music club was trembling. He was not sure if it was because of Carrie's actions or the fact that he was scared that Seungri would lift his head and witness the intimate sight.

"Why would I care anyway?!" Jiyong unconsciously voiced out his thoughts again.

"Pardon me?" Carrie stopped her fork.

"N-Nothing. Excuse me. I need to go to the washroom." Jiyong excused himself hurriedly and rushed to the washroom.

As soon as he barged into the empty washroom, he leaned over the sink and threw up dryly. Nothing came up, but Jiyong felt the need to barf. After dry vomiting for awhile, Jiyong gargled some water and splashed his face with the cooling water from the tap.

"What's going on with me?" Jiyong looked at his reflection in the mirror. His bangs were dripping wet, eyes showed fatigue where his eyebags droop a little.

"That Seungri. He's distracting me! Aishh!! There's no point hiding here. I need to face Carrie and tell her the truth. I don't like her at all! She disgusts me!" At that, a men walked in on Jiyong. Feeling embarrassed at his own outburst, he bowed and excused himself from the washroom.

"Sorry for making you wait, Carrie." Jiyong started as soon as he walked back to his seat.  Facing Carrie, Jiyong squinted his eyes before widening them by a fraction.

"Talking can come later, have your drink before it gets cold." Carrie said sweetly as she pushed Jiyong's cup to him.

"Uh sure." Jiyong stared at his hot chocolate.

"Ah. Can you help me pick my guitar up?" Jiyong's guitar fell onto the floor.

"Of course." Carrie nodded and smiled sickeningly sweet. She bent down and picked the guitar up and placed it securely against the table.

"How about a toast?" Jiyong smiled at Carrie for the first time today. He held up his cup and gave Carrie's hers.

"Sure!" Carrie agreed immediately and they gulped down half of their drink after toasting.

"How's the sugar rush?" Jiyong smirked at Carrie when the girl's eyes went unfocused before slumping down onto the table, falling unconscious. Jiyong rolled his eyes at the sleeping girl before pushing his chair back and stood up.

"Seungri!! Thank you for warning me!!" His expression changed in a split second from disgust to all smiles. However, his smile faded slightly when he realized he was being ignored again.

"Yah! Lee Seunghyun! Why do you always ignore me?!" Jiyong was tired of Seungri ignoring him. He sat down roughly, earning the boy's attention. Seungri blinked.

'What do you want?'

Seungri passed a post it note to Jiyong after writing the words out. Jiyong frowned before plucking a post it note down from the back of Seungri's laptop.

"This saved me! You wrote this right?" Jiyong pointed at the post it note in his hand.

'She spiked your drink.' The note read.

"If it weren't for your note, I wouldn't have swapped the drinks around! If it weren't for your note, I would be the one lying there now! God knows what that would do to me!" Jiyong blurted out while Seungri just stared at him blankly.

Without any reaction given, Seungri bowed his head and scribbled another note before handing it to Jiyong.

'Why did your girlfriend spike your drink? Had a fight?'

"No no no! She's not my girlfriend! Didn't you hear me call her ? And we didn't have a fight! And that doesn't even answer my question!!" Jiyong denied straight away, waving his hands anxiously.

'Why are you so flustered?'

"W-W-What?! I'm not!!" Jiyong shook his head furiously. He could feel his face burning slightly.

"H-H-Hehehe..." Jiyong froze when he heard the giggles. They were coming from Seungri. Although the giggles were soft and kinda hoarse sounding, Jiyong knew he heard it. They were surprisingly sweet and melodious, at least to Jiyong's ears, they were.

"Uup!" Seungri froze too and shut his mouth immediately, face turning a light shade of pink.

"Did you just giggle?" Jiyong asked softly, finding himself staring at Seungri shamelessly. As usual, Seungri ignored him and stared at his laptop screen, eyes unfocused.

"Fine. Ignore me if you want. You're drawing? Mind letting me see?" Jiyong huffed before leaning down, trying to take a peek. Seungri, having noticed Jiyong leaning down, shut his laptop down immediately.

"What?! Let me see!" Jiyong reached out and tried to pry open the laptop, but Seungri pressed his laptop down forcefully. He was stronger than he looked.

"Come on! Are you hiding secrets? Maybe you're watching ? Drawing ?" Jiyong wiggled his eyebrows as he teased. Seungri was glaring at him like an angry little baby panda.

"Okay okay... I won't touch. Show me when you're willing to." Jiyong backed off and raised his hands like he's surrendering. The glare subsided. Just when Jiyong was about to leave, Seungri grabbed his elbow again.

"Yes, panda?" Jiyong chuckled at his choice of nickname. Seungri let go of his hand when he got Jiyong's attention. Jiyong pouted at the lost of contact.

'Come by tomorrow and I'll show you my laptop.' The note was accompanied by a winking baby panda.

Jiyong laughed at the baby panda before meeting Seungri's eyes again. He was smiling.

"Sure!! Wait for me! It's a promise!" Jiyong winked as he waved goodbye and left with his guitar, leaving Carrie on her own and a blushing panda stuck to his seat.

~~~

"Oppa! What do you mean by this?!" Carrie pointed at the form in her hand.

"It means you're kicked out of the club. We can't afford a here." Jiyong spat out in front of his band.

"Why?! Are you not afraid of my dad closing down this club of yours?" Carrie shouted, clearly unpleased.

"I've found a new sponsor for the club as well as a new drummer. So don't bother threatening me again." Jiyong waved Carrie off boringly before opening the music room door for the new members to come in.

"Youngbae, this is Kang Daesung, our new drummer and vocalist, and Choi Seunghyun, our rapper and electric guitarist. Seunghyun hyung have already agreed in sponsoring our club. Daesung, Seunghyun hyung, this is Dong Youngbae, our pianist and vocalist." Jiyong smiled brightly as he introduced the duo in. Daesung had his hair dyed blue with a center parting, his small eyes twinkling. A bright angelic smile split his face, contrasting with his leather jacket and ripped jeans that made him look like a bad boy.

On the other hand, Seunghyun was a blond, reminding Jiyong of Seungri and his promise tonight. Seunghyun was tall and had a cheeky smile on his perfect face. He was wearing a Gucci sweater and branded ripped jeans.

"What?! Since when did you find these idiot looking boys? Yucks. Have some taste oppa." Carrie was betraying her own heart when she saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter