Chapter 2

Cat Got Your Tongue?

 

 

Chapter 2

 

It’s been two months since I met Chan for the first time. And ever since then, I’ve been coming back here, to his bar.

 

There was something about him that was pulling me, calling out for me. And even though I wasn’t very fond of the fact that I seemed to develop feelings, it was still a very pleasant knowledge that I was capable of feeling something.

 

The moment I stepped into The Black Cat, I knew that it was a mistake. Something in the air was different. I felt like a threatening shadow was lurking somewhere. However, instead of leaving, I felt myself getting high on the feeling of danger.

 

What shocked me more than the fact that I was willingly walking into disaster, was the fact that it .

 

Taking my place at the bar, glancing at a gloomy looking Chan, I knew who was at fault for this heavy atmosphere in the bar.

 

Chanting some words, gently flipping my hands towards the sink the young man was working at, the dishes started to wash themselves.

 

“Cat got your tongue?” I asked, receiving a surprised expression from him. After blinking a few times he suddenly started grinning.

 

“I’m pretty sure that cats don’t do things like this.”

 

For a split second I wondered what the hell he was talking about, but then I was interrupted by his wet hand combing through his hair.

 

Leaning back in my seat, stopping myself from doing the same to him, I looked at him sceptically. His gloomy mood seemed to come back as his face darkened once more.

 

“No, really, what the hell happened that made you so gloomy?” I asked, glancing towards the dishes that were still washing themselves, just like I’ve ordered them to do.

 

“Nothing much. It’s just that a few things happened today and I seriously need to get rid of this stress.”

 

Biting my lower lip, I kept myself from suggesting something like in order to reduce his stress level.

 

Never in my life had I been this needy. The dark aura that was surrounding him was drawing me in and I felt my powers wavering.

 

Suddenly worry hit me. It seemed as if my magical release was near. Every once in a while I had to take some days off from work, drive to my house in the woods and release and stock my magical energy anew.

 

Releasing my magic could be dangerous. Therefore I always tried to be as far away from civilisation as possible.

 

Feeling my magic wavering like this near Chan was worrying me.

 

I’ve never felt it reacting like this near a creature or a human.

It usually happened when I was alone and aware of my body that I felt those waves of power going through my body.

 

Chan seemed to notice my sudden surprise and leaned onto the bar, glancing at me intensely.

 

I wasn’t sure what happened or why my body moved on its own accord, but my face was suddenly inches away from him and his kissable lips.

 

Gazing down at them, and then up into Chansungs eyes, I realised that he was holding his breath. It was as if he was anticipating my next move.

 

Horrified about my behaviour, I slowly pulled back.

 

Coughing a little, Chan straightened once more, muttering something about going to the gym in order to get a clear mind again.

 

Not really sure what to say or do, I let my gaze wander around the almost empty bar.

 

“Seems like not many came today.” I said surprised since The Black Cat was usually very full.

 

“ I guess they left because of me. It seems like many noticed my bad mood.” He said, sending me a lopsided sneer when I chuckled. “I’m surprised you are still here, hyung.”

 

“Well, I don’t get scared that easily.” I said.

 

“You say that now…” He muttered and when I asked him what he meant, he changed the subject by telling me that he was closing soon anyway.

 

I wasn’t sure why, but I decided to stay by his side. Something told me that it was not good to leave him alone tonight.

 

 

 

“Hyung, you really don’t need to wait for me to lock the bar.” The man said; his voice a little raspy. Probably because he was tired?

 

“Don’t ask me why, but I’ve got the feeling that I shouldn’t leave you alone tonight.” Once I spoke those words, did I realise what I’ve just said. “I mean, till you are home, of course.”

 

`Smooth Minjun, very smooth…` I thought to myself, but Chan had been too busy to get the second meaning of my words.

 

He looked around while he was locking the main door.

 

Something about his posture made me follow his actions, looking around as well.

 

There was something that was obviously making him wary. And when I felt my neck hair standing on edge, I knew that there was something terribly wrong right now.

 

I only heard a zipping sound and then wood was breaking. My eyes grew in size once I looked at Chan who was standing next to me, an arrow in hand which he broke apart. His eyes were glistening like honey and a deep growling sound came from deep inside his chest.

 

Shivers ran up my spine and for a second I wondered if it was because of the danger that was obviously lurking somewhere. However, glancing at his wide eyes, still shimmering like gold, I knew that he was the reason for my Goosebumps.

 

Closing my eyes, mumbling some words, I could literally feel that another arrow was shot at us. Moving my hands in a circular motion, chanting a spell, I formed a shield in order to prevent the arrow from hitting us. In order to shield both our bodies, I’ve stepped in front of Chan, pressing him against the wall. My adrenalin was pumping once I felt the arrow falling to the ground.

 

I then stood up straight, sending out the light that had been our shield. The light should make sure where our attacker was hiding and paralyze him.

 

Once the light returned to my body, letting me know that he was disabled, did I grab Chansungs wrist and hurried away with him.

 

We didn’t talk while I was pulling him along. He didn’t ask where we were going. It was obvious that I would bring him to my place. There was no question. The attackers’ intention was to get rid of Chan.

 

“Why would he intend to kill you? This wouldn’t have happened if you just told me what the hell is going on. That arrow was shot to kill you, you stupid giant…” I muttered under my breath, getting even more pissed as he stayed silent.

 

Once in a while I sent little light rails out in order to check if someone followed us. All the while I was getting more and more angry at him. If he had just told me that someone tried to kill him. I would’ve helped him, just like I did right now. However, if he had just told me earlier we could’ve already gotten rid of that threat.

 

“He didn’t intend to kill me…” His mumbled words let me stop, right in front of my apartment complex.

 

“He shot a ing arrow at you.” I hissed. I knew I should keep it down, the way Chan was looking at me made me aware of the fact that I was acting out of character.

 

I rarely got as angry and heated at I was right now.

 

For a split second I thought that the gold in his eyes reappeared for good, but the moment I blinked, it was gone again. What creature had eyes like his?

 

“He did. But it was poisoned and he had aimed at body parts that weren’t necessary to survive.” He informed me and for some reason that made me even madder.

 

Whoever threatened Chan, didn’t only want him dead, he seemed to want him alive. And for some reason that was a very, very scary thought.

 

Pressing my lips together, the anger level rising, I nearly ran with him into the building and towards the elevator.

 

I needed to get him safe. All the while I was chanting defence spells in order to keep the attacker from finding our location.

 

I wasn’t worried that he would find us since my magic was quite powerful, but I felt more at ease chanting them.

 


Reaching my floor, getting off the elevator and pushing the man inside my apartment, I slammed the door shut, huffing in annoyance.

 

My anger level right now was frightening me. I had never in my life been this pissed and scared. I was facing the door, my shoulders moving along with my breath and I stiffened when Chansung called out my name.

 

No hyung, no sshi, simply my name.

 

“Minjun.”

 

Turning around, glaring at him, I was ready to shout at him. Ask him why the hell he didn’t tell me what was going on, didn’t tell me that someone wanted to hurt him or worse.

 

But before I could voice my anger, soft lips pressed against mine.

 
 
 
 
 
 

A/N:
Hii~ I just wanted to tell you guys that I’m really happy about the fact that you like the story n give it a try :D

I hope the second chapter will be to ur liking as well ^^

 

Thanks for ur lovely comments, the subs n the upvotes!
It really means a lot to me

 

Lots of Love, Mone