Eleven

Whispers in the Dark

To hell with Min Yoongi, Jin thought, his mind swirling as he elbowed his way through the people on the streets.

He had no idea where he was headed to.

All he knew was that he wanted to forget.

He wanted to forget about how Yoongi had played with his feelings without feeling any shame.

He took off his blazer and his tie, feeling as if they were suffocating him and threw them on the sidewalk, shivering slightly when the cold wind hit him.

Then he ed the top two buttons on his shirt, finding it easier to breathe.

He ran his hand through his previously neatly styled hair, opting for a messy look.

He needed something to erase Yoongi out of his mind.

Someone.

He took a cab and told the cab driver to take him to Itaewon.

He was just going to enter any nightclub, find some guy to him and take his mind off that jerk of a demon-at least for tonight.

And even though he will probably regret it in the morning, at the moment that idea seemed to make perfect sense to him.

When he got to Itaewon, he walked around for a bit, scanning the nightclubs.

He decided to enter one of the gay clubs, since he was too impatient to go into a regular nightclub and spend a decent amount of time trying to figure out which guy was is into guys.

This was a safe option where he would find some random stranger to take his mind off Yoongi.

Once he was inside, with sweaty bodies everywhere, grinding against each other, he felt kind of sick.

This wasn’t really his thing, although he wasn’t a stranger to random hook-ups and even one-night stands, but it had been such a long time since he indulged in such activities.

He was more of a one-partner kind of guy, but this time the guy that he wanted was an with a capital A.

He took a deep breath, before going to the bar.

If he was going to do this, he needed some liquid courage first.

He didn’t waste any time and immediately ordered a tequila that he gulped down as soon as the bartender placed it in front of him.

The liquid burned his throat, and he could feel the tears forming in his eyes from how strong the drink was, but this is what he needed.

Suddenly, he felt so hot that he wanted to jump out of his skin.

He ed one more button and was just about to scan the crowd and search for a suitable partner for tonight when he heard a sensual voice so close to him that he almost jumped away from where he was standing.

However, something in that voice had him pinned to the ground and unable to move.

“ It is a sin for someone with your looks to be here, drinking all alone…If you allow me, I could change that in a second…”

Jin turned his head slowly towards the man with the hypnotizing voice, and he felt short of breath as he stared into those alluring almost-golden like almond-shaped eyes.

The man next to him was without a doubt one of the most beautiful guys he had ever seen in his life.

He seemed almost unreal.

His face was perfectly symmetrical with his high cheekbones, his enticing eyes, those blonde strands of hair falling slightly into his eyes, his red lips curving slightly at the corners as he assessed Jin from head to toe, making Jin slightly flustered.

However, he was unable to look away from his slightly tanned skin, fit body and muscled arms, not to mention his large hands that were now encircling him.

He didn’t even notice when the man moved from his position next to him, to cage him against the counter.

It was almost like magic.

And while a little voice at the back of his head told him to be careful, Yoongi’s face flashed in his mind at that moment and he felt betrayed once again.

He could be reckless.

At least for tonight.

He deserved it.

So, he looked up in those eyes that never left his, not even for a moment, and Jin could feel his knees going weak when the impossibly attractive man leaned in and whispered in his ear, his voice low and husky, “ So, what do you say?~”

But, Jin couldn’t find the words.

And for a moment he felt the same way he felt when that vampire lured him on the second floor of the nightclub, but this time he didn’t feel scared.

Surprisingly, he felt completely relaxed and as if he was free from all the worries and stress.

So he met the man’s expectant gaze, placing his arms around the guy’s neck and whispering in a sultry voice, ‘ Wanna go back to my place?”

He got an answer in the form of a hickey on his neck that had him gripping the counter behind him.

While it definitely caused his heart to race faster, it was more his body reacting to the guy’s lips pressed against his.

However, he knew that his heart and mind weren’t into it.

He knew for whom his heart really raced, but it was time to stop that.

He slightly pushed the guy away, smiling at him and taking him by the hand.

“ Come on, we can continue this at my apartment.” Jin said flirtatiously and the man grinned at him, squeezing his hand.

Yes, he felt nothing towards this stranger.

But, he was so sick and tired of feeling things.

He has had enough of going through a roller coaster of emotions, because of a certain someone, that tonight he decided to just give in and be pleasured.

At least this guy wanted him.

And he was gorgeous.

Not as gorgeous as Yoongi, with his cat-like eyes that were always on alert, his small rosy lips, his glowing skin contrasting his dark hair and even darker eyes, his lean smaller body, but of amazing strength that had Jin trembling from fear and excitement every time Yoongi loomed over him, but it was time to move on from Yoongi and appreciate different kinds of beauty.

They took a cab to his apartment, and the handsome blonde kept rubbing his thigh and moving his hand up, closer and closer to his crotch that made Jin embarrassed.

He stopped him since they were in a cab, and quietly said, “ Just a bit longer, okay?”

He bit his lower lip nervously, afraid that the guy was going to get mad, but the blonde followed his movement, before grinning and saying, “ How can I say no to such a cutie?”

Jin blushed at the praise and thought how Yoongi would probably never say something like that to him.

He didn’t even find him cute, just troublesome as he often stated.

Jin shook his head, annoyed with himself for constantly thinking about the demon and comparing the blonde to him.

 So when they were finally in front of the building and the guy pinned him to the wall, kissing him hungrily, Jin let him.

He needed this.

He needed to forget about his neighbor.

The blonde was very skillful with his tongue, and Jin found himself as the guy massaged his tongue with his own.

However, even though his body reacted like that, Jin felt nothing in that moment except the dull pain in his chest.

This wasn’t how it was supposed to be.

This guy wasn’t the one he wanted.

And sleeping with him wasn’t going to make things better.

It might even make them worse.

So, he placed his hands on the guy’s chest, trying to create some distance between them, but the blonde was persistent in his advances.

Jin finally managed to break the kiss, gasping, “ W-wait…”, but the guy just said in a voice that sounded much harsher now, “ Why should I?”, before diving in for another kiss that had Jin slightly startled.

Yes, it was his fault that he agreed to this in the first place, but he had the right to change his mind.

Anyone did, and if he told this guy to stop then it meant to “ ING STOP!” he yelled frantically at the guy, gathering all of his strength and pushing him away roughly.

The guy stumbled a bit, his eyes wide for a moment, before they narrowed into a menacing look that had that little voice in Jin’s voice screaming at him for being so stupid.

This guy was…

Dangerous.

Jin realized that now as the guy took a decisive step towards him, grabbing him by the shoulders and pulling him roughly towards him, while saying with an evil chuckle, “ There is no reason for me to stop…Now be a good obedient boy and I will make this worth your while…”

Jin could feel fear coursing through his body as he tried to wiggle out of the guys grasp, but the blonde was too strong.

“ Get off him now.” a murderous voice from behind said and Jin squeaked when the guy was pulled away from him forcibly.

It took him a second to realize what was happening, but when he finally did, he felt the fear intensifying, mixed with anger that has been boiling inside of him ever since the event in the bathroom.

“ Yoongi, LET HIM GO!” Jin shrieked as he watched the guy struggling to get out of Yoongi’s tight grip.

“ I don’t think so.” Yoongi just replied coldly, not even meeting his eye and staring deadly at the guy that he was holding by the neck, cutting off his airflow.

Jin was furious.

Once again Yoongi was treating him like something unimportant.

His opinion didn’t matter and all that mattered was what Yoongi wanted.

Well, no more.

“ I said, let go of him!” Jin screamed in frustration once again, raising his hand and slapping Yoongi across the cheek.

The demon seemed stunned for a moment, bringing his fingers slowly to touch his cheek.

Jin was breathing fast, his fists clenched and he finally relaxed when Yoongi pushed the guy away and told him to “beat it” along with something else that Yoongi grumbled, but Jin wasn’t able to hear what.

 The guy did as told, running away as fast as he could.

But then Yoongi looked at him.

And his eyes were so lethal and piercing that Jin couldn’t utter a word.

His heart hammered in his chest erratically as Yoongi made one step towards him.

“ So, you wanted to hook up tonight with someone, anyone, that you even went and picked up a random stranger? And here I thought that you wanted only me and I actually felt a bit bad about what had happened before, but now I see that you were so desperate for anyone to you that you picked up a random scumbag. How sad.”

Every word that left Yoongi’s lips was so poisonous that Jin found himself breathing heavier, trying to fight back the tears that were threatening to spill.

It hurt.

The way Yoongi talked to him as if he was worthless.

The way he stared at him as if he was a piece of trash.

The way he was wrong about everything.

Jin reacted on instinct, raising his hand, ready to slap him once again, but this time Yoongi caught his wrist.

“ Not this time.” Yoongi’s deep voice echoed in his ears, his smirk making him shiver, his brooding eyes seemingly devoid of emotion, but Jin knew better.

He could see the storm in those eyes that gradually grew darker with each passing second and he found himself drowning in them, unable to escape.

“ Here, if you want it so bad then let me redeem myself for chasing away your boy-toy since it obviously doesn’t matter who it is that has your body.” Yoongi spat out, his voice malicious and Jin found himself slammed to the wall with Yoongi still holding his wrist and knocking the air out of his lungs by catching his mouth in a rough kiss.

He gasped in surprise as Yoongi’s fingers held his chin in place, disabling him from moving and he found himself staring at those eyes that held so much fury in that moment, cutting through him like a knife slashed through flesh.

His jaw hurt from how hard Yoongi was gripping it, and this was not the way their kiss was supposed to happen.

It was supposed to be perfect.

Yoongi was supposed to look at him with warmth, his touch was supposed to be gentle and careful, and when their lips finally met it would be because they both wanted that, because they both felt the same way.

It wasn’t supposed to make his chest throb painfully like now when Yoongi started parting his lips insistently, the rage obvious in the way he harshly pressed his mouth against his, their teeth knocking hard, making Jin wince as he squeezed his eyes shut.

He managed to grab Yoongi’s shoulders, digging his nails hard through his clothes to make him stop, but the demon showed no reaction as he pressed his body against Jin’s, and Jin felt dizzy from the lack of air and the taste of peppermint on Yoongi’s tongue as the demon forcefully his way into Jin’s mouth.

But, before he could do anything more, Jin did the only thing he knew that might make him stop.

He finally bit Yoongi’s tongue hard, making the demon wince and curse, pulling away from Jin.

“ , you are insane!” Yoongi exclaimed in shock, wiping the blood from his tongue, but then he felt his heart stop.

Jin was watching him with so much disgust, and he stared at the tear rolling down his cheek as Jin said in a shaky voice, “ I hate you so much, Min Yoongi. You are even worse than that guy. Because, you know how I really feel and then you do this? Despicable.” ,before pushing past him and running inside of the building.

Yoongi made no movement to stop him as he stood there, his fists clenching, his nails digging in them so hard that blood trickled from his palms.

“ !” Yoongi yelled furious, hitting the brick wall of the building and causing his hand to bleed.

He felt numb.

The pain in his hand was nothing compared to the agony searing through his chest when he remembered Jin’s expression.

In the same night he managed to make Jin go from wanting to be kissed by him to looking at him with such disdain and suffering, and that made him feel nauseous.

He ed up.

“Yoongi! Yoongi! Wake up!”, Yoongi finally opened his eyes, met with his mother’s frantic screaming, her eyes red and puffy.

“ What happened?!” Yoongi had yelled, shaking his mother by the shoulders who was sobbing uncontrollably, “ Y-your father…” was the only thing she was able to utter, before she collapsed in his arms.

He took his mother in his arms, flying towards the healer’s room, but then he saw them.

Jinhwan and his father were standing in front of the bedroom of his parents, both wearing identical evil expressions of satisfaction.

They hadn’t noticed him as they spoke to each other in low voices, but Yoongi heard it all.

“ She managed to get away, but I immediately sent my men after her. The only real threat is Yoongi. We need to find him and get rid of him as fast as possible. Now that we have eliminated his father and with his brother missing for months, he is the only heir to the throne, so we need to act fast. Most of those in the kingdom are afraid of us and will not defy us, so Yoongi really has no one to back him up.” Jinhwan’s father said and his son had a wicked smile as he spoke, “ I still can’t believe how easy it was to stab the old geezer. But then again, nobody can resist the dark magic of the dagger and he would have never guessed that you actually took mom’s blood and bathed the dagger in it. After all, the blood of his closest family member was the only thing that could finally the king. Oops, the former king, I mean.”

Yoongi felt his whole world crumbling as Jinhwan and his father laughed at what they did.

He was sure that his aunt, Jinhwan’s and Jungkook’s mother had died a year ago, after which he had sent Jungkook on Earth in fear of these two doing something to harm him, but now it seemed that that was a lie.

He knew his aunt, she would have never agreed to this which meant that if she was still alive, somehow, they kept her captive somewhere.

And now his father was dead too.

With his older brother missing after that unexpected attack on him about 2 months ago, he was the only one left to be the heir to the throne.

But, he needed the people of the kingdom and his father’s army to support him and he knew that that was impossible at the present time.

Not now when most of them were too scared of Jinhwan and his father and Yoongi couldn’t offer them protection at the moment.

Hell, he couldn’t even protect himself and his mother, let alone someone else.

The desire for vengeance was strong in him, and he was about to go berserk and throw himself at Jinhwan and his father to avenge his father’s death, but then his mother sniffed in his arms and he remembered that he still had someone to protect.

He couldn’t risk her life just because he was thirsty for revenge.

So, as hard as it was, he swallowed his pride and fury in order to protect his mother.

He spread his wings and flew away from the castle where he had spent his entire life.

He couldn’t even bury his father as he left home with his mother in his arms, tears streaming down his face.

Yoongi woke up covered in sweat.

He had been having the same nightmare ever since he came to the human world.

Except that it wasn’t only a nightmare.

Those were memories of what had really happened.

It had already been almost a month and a half since he left the demon world and came here.

He still remembered how tightly his mother had hugged him after he carried her to the only safe place in the demon world.

The mountains.

A place only he, his older brother and their parents knew of.

His father had told them when they were just kids how if anything happened to him that they should fly there without looking back, so he did just that.

He was wary at first since he wasn’t sure what to expect, but then his father’s mother, an old lady with gray hair, but with a face of young woman welcomed them and took them to a small castle hidden with various spells in the heart of the mountain.

The only reason why he knew that that was really his grandma was because she looked the same like in the paintings in their castle.

Nobody except his father knew that she was alive.

Unlike them she was immortal and knew a spell to keep herself rejuvenated forever.

As soon as he showed up with his mother, she knew that her son had died.

He was reluctant about parting from his mother, but his grandma told him that he needed to go to the human world, get Jungkook and think of a plan on how to defeat Jinhwan and his father.

In about more than 40 days he was on Earth, he still hasn’t thought of anything on how to defeat Jinhwan and his father and claim back the throne.

Luckily, in demon world only about a week and a half had passed since what had happened considering the fact that time passed much slower there than in the human world of transient nature.

Yoongi rubbed his temples and sighed.

He really couldn’t deal with everything that was happening with Jin on top of all his problems.

And yet he couldn’t stop thinking about the look in Jin’s eyes when he said that he hated him.

For the first time since he had met his human neighbor, he had seen him like that.

And what frightened him the most was that Jin seemed completely sincere when he had said that.

Maybe it was for the better.

If Jin hated him then he wouldn’t approach him.

And Yoongi wouldn’t have to worry about him as well.

No matter how much his heart ached, he was going to forget about Kim Seokjin.

After all, whatever it was that evolved between them was doomed to fail from the beginning.

All, because of who Yoongi was and the greed that had surrounded him his whole life, disabling him from ever leading a calm, normal life which was all he had ever wanted.

He didn’t want Jin to get involved in his chaotic life and get hurt.

He wasn’t sure if he could bear someone doing something to Jin.

Especially, not after what had happened yesterday that left him feeling so helpless.

After he realized how badly he screwed up when he acted like he didn’t want to kiss Jin, he went to Jungkook in an instant and told him that he had to go.

But, by the time he ran out of that mansion, Jin was already long gone.

He tried tracing his scent, but it got lost at some point and Yoongi had no idea where he had gone.

He tried to remain calm, but every time that Jin’s hurt expression flashed in his mind, he felt anxious.

He was just praying that nothing bad happens to Jin.

He kept flying around the city, but it was no use.

Jin was nowhere to be found.

He decided to go check if he had gotten back home and that is when he saw it.

But, rather than seeing what was happening, he smelled it first.

Jin’s scent mixed with someone else’s.

Someone who was not human.

He flew as fast as he could, hoping he was not to late when the sight in front of their building had him seeing red.

After he saw the creature, whose kind he recognized at that moment, forcing himself on Jin, he lost it.

He was in such a trance as he tried to crush his neck that if it wasn’t for Jin slapping him and bringing him to his senses, he would have definitely murdered the creature on the spot.

Now, he regrets that he didn’t.

Because, having him lurking around Seoul was not safe.

Especially since the creature knew where Jin lived and even had the taste of him.

And if anyone knew how sweet Jin tasted, it was Yoongi.

The thought of that disgusting being knowing Jin’s scent and the way his lips felt, had Yoongi shivering from rage and fear.

He hoped his threat was clear enough.

The guy would really have a death wish to try and attempt to do something bad to Jin after that…

He wondered what Jin was doing now.

How was he feeling?

Was he sad? Depressed? Did he still hate him?

That last thought had Yoongi’s throat going dry and he groaned as he covered his eyes with his hands and fell back to bed.

Nothing was going as planned and everything became even more complicated.

So, how in the world were he and Jungkook supposed to reclaim the demon kingdom with all these unexpected events?

As expected, Yoongi did nothing.

Jin knew that it would be like that, but he still hoped.

He hoped that Yoongi would prove him wrong.

But he has just confirmed once and for all what he already knew.

Min Yoongi never had any feelings towards him and he never will.

He finally admitted that to himself and was ready to move on.

If only he didn’t feel like locking himself in his bathroom and crying himself to sleep whenever he thought of that.

He waited the whole day for the knock on his door, but it never came.

Finally, he let out a resigned sigh as he grabbed his jacket and went out of his apartment.

He glanced one last time at Yoongi’s apartment door, before leaving.

He really couldn’t stand being just 2 doors away from where Yoongi was.

He knew that he couldn’t avoid him forever, but he needed some time alone right now.

He knew that if he showed up at Jaehwan’s door and asked him to crash there for a while that Jaehwan would let him.

And no matter how nosy his friend could be, Jin also knew that if he refused to talk, Jaehwan wouldn’t ask any questions and he would just wait for Jin to open up to him whenever he felt comfortable to do so.

He did pull out his cell phone out of his pocket to at least text Jaehwan and check if he was alone.

Just because his love life was a mess, it didn’t mean that Jaehwan’s was as well and Jin didn’t feel right ruining any possible romance for his friend just because he had fallen for the wrong guy.

He was so absorbed in typing the message that he didn’t notice the person walking behind him.

By the time he heard the footsteps quickening their pace and approaching him, a cloth was already pressed on his lips, the darkness swallowing him completely.

His cell phone fell out of his hand with a loud thud and his mind became hazy as he felt his body going limp.

His life didn’t flash before his eyes, but one name did.

Yoongi.


Ah the never-ending angst...Don't hate me, lol. XD And try not to be too harsh on Yoongi, I hope that you understand the way he acts more now.