Chapter 3

Twisted

Daeyoung roughly pushed the man making him stumble. The push brought him out of his short- lived haze. His reflex, however; was a few seconds short giving Daeyoung all the time she needed to bolt of to safety.

Jimin raised his hand and gently brushe

With wide eyes Daeyoung stared at the large mahogany door standing in front of her. She fluttered her eyes shut and took in a few deep breathes in attempt to calm down the harsh flittering of the anxious butterflies swirling around her stomach. “Here goes nothing.” She mumbled as she pushed the heavy door open, letting the familiar smell of books and wrinkled old parchment embrace her being tightly.

Daeyoung hummed softly while navigating herself through the large bibliotheca, eyes darting from the oak tables as she searched for a lady who sported daisy white hair with scarlet flaring at the tips. The task was proven easy since she stuck out from the rest like a sore thumb. Smiling softly, she walked towards her best friend who was surrounded by books which served as a barrier that prevented her from escaping into the world, keeping her trapped in the never ending fantasy of studying. Pens and highlighters of all colours were scattered all over the table which contrasted against the ivory pages of large textbooks like blood red roses tied into a bouquet along with white hydrangeas.

“Yoora” She called out softly as she reached the table. Her presence went unnoticed by the lass who was completely absorbed in the thick chemistry textbook held loosely in her right hand; the rest of the book was propped up on her knees. Her brows furrowed in concentration as she silently mouthed the text she was reading. Her hair that was normally luscious with soft lush swirls at the tips, complimented by a soft shimmer, was frizzy and unkept. It seemed as though someone had glued a lion’s mane onto her head.

Daeyoung was unfazed by the state of her best friend for she was used to seeing this ghastly side of Yoora which popped by when the exams crept closer. Daeyoung sat down on the bench and cleared softly before mumbling “Lasagna and tacos.”

The speed at which Yoora’s head snapped upwards frightened Daeyoung. A tired smile painted its way on Yoora’s face by the sight of Daeyoung. She set the fat textbook on the table, not caring if she lost the page she was studying (she could fret about that later). “Hey Dae.” Yoora rasped ruffling her bird nest like hair. Daeyoung noticed how prominently the dark, plum coloured rings clung under her eyes. “Yoo, when was the last time you got enough sleep?

The porcelain haired lady gnawed at her lower lip in thought. “Sleep; that’s word I haven’t heard in days.” Daeyoung laughed at her monotone statement, quiet giggles slipping past her tiny fist that did a rather poor job at stifling her giggles which rippled through the silence. “Why are you so actressy?” Daeyoung managed to wheeze out once her giggling fit ceased. “The after effects of caffeine and multiple energy drinks.” Yoora replied.

The brunette shook her head playfully and asked, “How long have you been camping in the library?”

A waggish grin broke out on Yoora’s face which only made the fire of curiosity blaze vividly in Daeyoung’s eyes, away at the magnificent mix of gingerbread and cinnamon of her eyes.“Approximately a month, the librarian shooed me out at first but she couldn’t seem to bother later on. Now, she gives the key to me and says “Dearie, don’t stay up too late ramming information into that tiny head of yours.’” Yoora chuckled softly. The statement caused Daeyoung to burst into a fit of giggles. After she managed to coax the giggling down she let her gaze waver around the library darting from the books stacked neatly on the large oak shelves to the uncountable glimmering chandeliers staring down at them. She let her line of sight rest on the large glass window placed at the very back of library.

Sunlight peeked through tight gaps formed by dark branches wound together, twisted and twined around each other. The small, powder plum blossoms sprouting on the tree looked heavenly as the warm glow of the sun made them look as if they were floating.

While Daeyoung frozen solid mesmerized by nature’s beauty, Yoora was rambling about how Einstein should have never pondered about the apple that whacked his head. Yoora came to realize that her partner in crime didn’t listen to a single word she blabbered. The porcelain haired lady snapped her fingers in front of the other, startling the poor brunette.

“Oh I’m sorry. I was just fascinated by the scenery.” Daeyoung gushed, her cheeks red looking as though someone had deliberately smudged scarlet paint on the apples of her cheeks. The corner of Yoora’s mouth quirked up lazily at her best friend’s timidness. “I almost forgot!” Daeyoung exclaimed. Reaching into her black leather backpack, she pulled out a brown paper bag and a transparent pink bottle of elderflower lemonade.

Yoora scrunched her face in confusion as she prodded the monstrous lunch bag. “What’s this?”She questioned. A proud smile blooming on her face Daeyoung answered, “I knew you wouldn’t be eating right considering the fact that the finals are peeking around the corner so I made you food!” Without further ado, Yoora ripped the bag open, spilling the neatly packed containers onto the table. Four whole-wheat sandwiches where squeezed into a medium sized container along with 6 pieces of Korean fried chicken. To top it off, bite sized Nutella brownies were cleanly stacked inside a smaller container.

“This is so sweet of you. What did I do to deserve this? THANK YOU!” Yoora shrieked, momentarily forgetting that she was in a library. A pretty shade of pink dusted the edge of her cheeks when the librarian hushed loudly at her making her mumble an apology. “Honestly though, this is so far the best thing I got from you being your best friend for 16 years.” Yoora teased lightly.“You greedy pig.” Daeyoung fired back. “I love ya Dae-dae,” Yoora murmured as she stuffed a sandwich into . “By the way Dae, weren’t you supposed to be home like an hour and half ago?” Yoora said as she took sips of her lemonade. Daeyoung whipped her head back to glance at the enormous golden clock hung at the entrance of the library.

The dainty yet fancy clock hands pointed toward the golden number ‘two’ engraved on the smooth plain of the clock. She should have been home at 12.30 by the latest. “Sugar honey ice tea!” Daeyoung exclaimed softly as she stood up in astonishment. “Yoo, enjoy your food and study well. Remember to take breaks between every 20 minutes of studying. If you need me just call, I swear I’ll pick up on the first ring an-” “Yes I got it, you’ll be there for me. Now go I’m sure your brother would have gone berserk by now.”

Daeyoung stood up abruptly and slung the backpack over her shoulder hastily. She rushed out of the library and out onto the road. She was about to break into a sprint when her brother’s “wise” words echoed in her head. ‘No matter what the situation never ever run on the road.’ She broke into a jog, slowed down, and started speed walking. She glances at her moon phase wristwatch out of pure agitation. “Just this once won’t hurt,” She mumbles and breaks into a sprint turning a deaf ear to Dongguen’s “wise words”.

Once she reached the pedestrian crossing, she scanned the road once. Not seeing any sort of contraption on the road, she quickly walks down the white striped walkway. Of course, she didn’t see the man sneering on his bike when she reached the crossing. She didn’t hear the deafening roar of the engine when it came to life. She didn’t realize a motorcycle was speeding its way towards her. She came to acknowledge the fact when an ear-splitting honk sliced through the tranquility, causing her to snap her head only to be blinded by a white light.

Daeyoung squeezed her eyes shut and silently started to chant her last words under her breathe, tears pricking at the corners of her eyes.

“Hey hourie” a sultry honey voice rumbled. Her eyes gently fluttered open to take in the sight of a man: more specifically Jimin who was leaning over his bike, chin resting on the heel of his palm. A roguish smirk played on his thick lips, his sharp face complimented by his silver hair that fell over his almond eyes in a rather enchanting way.

Daeyoung shook her head in a fruitless attempt to escape from the daze she was momentarily trapped in. The icy anxiousness that swiftly crept on her, freezing her was replaced with red, hot anger that roared ruthlessly when reality dawned onto her.

Her expression hardened within a matter of few seconds. Casting a stony glare onto the male, she proceeded to sashay forward. The silver haired male hopped off his bike and trailed behind her, shoving his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket.

Daeyoung ignored the soft treading behind her. She tried to think of other thoughts, more comforting thoughts such as baby ducklings waddling behind their mother or the soft clunking and groaning the piano gave out whilst it warms up. Her chain of thoughts was disrupted by a menacing wolf whistle. She ground her teeth together and fluttered her eyes shut trying to contain the rage building up inside her. Behind her Jimin could see her visibly tensing with every howl that left his lips.

“Now hourie you shouldn’t get this worked up just because I howled,” He sneered carding his fingers through his silver strands. The statement caused Daeyoung to twirl around. Taking in a steady breathe in endeavor to tranquilize the rage burning inside her she spat a ‘Stop trailing behind me’ at him. Chuckling softly he walked towards her, his devilish glint shining boldly in his obsidian eyes. Daeyoung stopped dead in her tracks, her heart thumping against her ribs so rapidly she thought her heart was going to burst out of her chest with every step Jimin took forward.

She let her eyes flutter shut when she felt his hot, minty breathe gently caressing the apples of her cheeks.”Being feisty?” He hummed softly. On instinct Daeyoung struck the side of his face. The unexpected thwack caused her eyes to shoot open, surprise glistening in her pretty orbs.

The handsome man stood stationary in front of her, his almond eyes widened to the size of dinner plates, plush lips parted slightly in stupefaction.

d the pads of his fingers across the pulsing flesh which had turned ruby in a matter of few seconds; hissing when the contact caused a spurt of white hot pain to rip through his body. “Brace yourself hourie, this was just warm up.” He snickered running his tongue over his pearly whites while he stared at Daeyoung’s back figure that blurred out into a tiny speck dashing along the pavement.


A/N; Hello ! Im very sorry for the long wait. I had alot of school work and my unit tests came up. There were alot of functions being held as well plus the student council election was going on. To top it all off I was knocked down by the flu a couple of days ago and I recovered recently. The said reasons dont excuse my neglect towards the story. Im really very sorry... Anyhow I hope you enjoy this chapter ! Please do leave a feedback, i dont mind whether its positive or negetive.. i hope you all have a good day 

-Goldfish-