Taking Over Me

Daring Woman

Hi guys, how are you? I wanted to give you guys a quick update. Please excuse the grammar and the spelling mistakes with this chapter. I've recently had wisdom teeth surgery and I'm still in some pain but I wanted to give you all a good chapter since you've all been so patient with me <3 and I promise there are more cute times with this story on the way ^^ Jihyo will not let Mina go so easily lol Enjoy and please let me know what you think of the story so far. hello to my new subscribers  =D come say hello  

 

“Jihyo?” I almost didn’t believe my eyes. What is she doing here? How did she even know where to find me? I asked myself. But the question running most in my mind is, what is she wearing?

I’ve never seen her wear such a skin tight, low-cut shirt before. I feel myself blush as my eyes shift downward against my will. The heat from my excitement rips its way against my cheek.

My heart increases in its beats when she leaned forward slightly. If this was her way of winning me back it won’t work. Although, my eyes did have the hardest time tearing themselves away from her.

I’m racking my brain trying to figure how she’s here. Knowing how she is, she won’t divulge that secret to me so easily. I wonder if she’s been spying on me this entire time? Just as I was about to conclude to the fact that I’ll never know, I finally get my answer. It comes in the form of a very faint voice.

I didn’t need to visually see whom the owner of the voice is. I know it all too well. I turn to my left and sure enough I’m right. I spot the two culprits. Once all three pairs of our eyes meet, they hide behind their menus.

No doubt this is their way of trying to get Jihyo back in my heart. I’ll have to speak with them later. There’re more important things that require my immediate attention.

What am I going to do with these two in front of me? Both are staring each other down. It’s an intense match with neither one backing down. On one side there’s someone I just met today thanks to my mother. He’s sweet and nice to me and we have many things in common.

Yet on the other side is someone I thought I’d never come to despise. I liken this pain to the day I lost my father. I gave her my heart and she broke it when she said she wouldn’t. Even though it’s her that has caused me the most agony, I still can’t get her out of my mind.

That’s why I tried so hard to distance myself from her. It was the only way I could think of to heal myself. Although, not having her by my side hurt just as much.

Now here she stands before me. I’m quite frankly at a loss at how I’m supposed to feel now. It’s because of her that we’ve in this situation. All I know is that I’m still healing and seeing her here causes me more pain than pleasure.  

“What are you doing here Jihyo? Didn’t I tell you I don’t want to see or hear from you?” The raised tone in my voice made her quickly take a step back from the table. “I …I’m sorry I didn’t mean to irritate you Mina, I just …I just.” She was holding her head low. “You just what?” She finally looks at me with those sorrowful brown eyes.

“I want you to come back to me. I miss you and I don’t want you going on dates with other people.” “Excuse me? Just who are you to tell her what she can can’t do? If you haven’t noticed we’re on a date and it’s going very well. So, if you don’t mind, I’d like for you to leave.”

I’ve seen her angry before but never this angry. I fear if we weren’t in a public place they might have been a physical altercation with one other.

“I wasn’t talking to you, whomever you are. I was talking to Mina. I would kindly appreciate it if you were to but out of our conversation.” Oh boy this is getting ugly very fast. Both looked as if they’re on the verge of combusting.

“Okay, you two need to stop this. You’re making a scene. Miho, I’m sorry but I think I’ll have to postpone our date again. I need to resolve this issue first.”

He didn’t have to say anything for me too know how disappointed he was. He coldly snatched his hand away from mine. I can’t say that I missed his hand on mine.

“So, you’re going to choose her, just like your friend, over me? Are you that confused, that you have to toy with other’s feelings?” I couldn’t say anything. I’m not sure where my heart lies at this moment.

“I’m sorry, I mean to make you feel like that. I just need to talk to her and…” He didn’t give me a chance to finish before he stormed out. He nearly knocked Jihyo over as he brushed passed her. God, I made a mess of this whole situation.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean for things to get so out of hand Mina. I just really want to speak to you.” “What could you possibly have to say to me Jihyo? Thanks to you I’ve upset him.” She swiftly took a seat next to me. “I don’t care about him or any other that tries for your heart. It’s you that I want.”

I scoff at her because her actions speak louder than her words. “Have you forgotten that it’s you that’s caused all of this, Jihyo?” She gives me a pained expression. “I…I know this is all my fault. There’s so much I must make up for, but I can promise you this. I’ll do everything in my power to gain your trust for me back.

“What makes you think I’d ever let my guard down around you again Jihyo?” She takes a moment to study herself before continuing. “Because you have my heart and you know it better than anyone else.” Such a petty statement only serves to make me furious. “And yet you still managed to break mine. I thought I knew your heart, but I guess we were both wrong.”

I see how she clenches her teeth and her breathing becomes heavier. I may have overstepped my bounties but in this moment all I wanted to do was cause her pain. I’ll admit it’s not the right way to act but it’s how I feel.

I thought she would give me a quick remark, but she doesn’t. Her gaze on me is intense and unyielding. The atmosphere around us is so thick, you could cut it with a knife.

It’s amazing how not too long ago, I used to be so over the moon whenever she would look at me with those bright brown eyes. Now the only thing I see stating back at me is an ordinary pair of eyes.

My thoughts raced throughout my mind. I don’t know how she plans to ever fix the drift that has divided us. I mean what’s to keep something like this from happening again? I can’t trust my heart around her and that hurts me more than she’ll ever know.

As I stared back into those unknow eyes of hers I felt her hand slowly creep its way to mine. On instinct I quickly jerked my hand anyway from hers. No matter how much I’ve missed her touch, I can’t ignore her betrayal physical hurts me.

Her eyes soften as if she’s on the verge of tears. “I… I’m… I didn’t mean to make you upset Mina. I know I’ve been doing that a lot lately. I never ever meant to break your heart. That’s the last thing I’d ever want for you.” She pauses for a few seconds to search her thoughts once more.

“I don’t care how long it takes me one day you and I will be together again. I know there are no words for to say to help ease your misery. I hate myself for ever letting this happen. You’re the only one that I want. I know how foolish I am to ever make you doubt that. But mark my words I will not let you go without a fight.”

Such a valiant declaration, yet it has no effect on my heart. “Look I’m not ready to have any type of conversation with you Jihyo. I just want you to leave me alone for the time being.”

I thought I’d be strong in telling her that, but I was wrong, so wrong. Without my permission I felt my eyes start to water but I refused to let them fall. I see her try to reach out to me once more but retracts her hand when she sees me flinch.

“I’m so sorry for what I’ve caused you. I’ll leave you be now. Here since I ruined your dinner let me pay for it.” When I didn’t take the money, she laid it down on the table.

“I hope you can at least try to enjoy the rest of your day.” I didn’t reply to her I only turned away. It’s really exhausting being this close to her.

“I’ll leave now Mina. I see that I’ve caused you great anguish and I don’t want to do that anymore.” She looks like she was also on the verge of tears. She slowly raises from the table.

She takes her time returning to Sana and Dahyun. They looked concerned, but she only waves them off. They get up and leave but not before she gazes at me one last time.

I lose my breath as the light of my life walks out of my life. A labored sigh flows out of my mouth. I feel my heart race as I think back to everything she’s said. How am I supposed to heal when she affects me this much?

 

 

It’s the next day and I’m having a lazy Sunday afternoon. I usually love those, but as of lately they’ve been so lonely. There’s no one there to cuddle me. No joyous laugher to make my day. No warmth to envelope me as I drift off to sleep. Everything reminds me of her and I don’t know what I can do to stop it.

I’m trying to drown out my thoughts of her by watching TV. It almost helps but there’s a light knock at my door. I wonder who that could be. I’m not expecting any visitors.

I wearily make my way to door. I haven’t been able to get as much sleep as I’d like these past weeks. Probably another side effect of her not being here.

Once the door was opened I stood still in my tracks. There she was standing in front of me. How can she just show up without any warning, especially after what happened yesterday?

“Wh… what are you doing her Jihyo?” She tried to small a little, but it soon faded when I gave her an irritated look. “I… I’m here to give you this.” Out from her hands she presents me with a small box.

“What this?” I question. “I… I made you dinner. It’s not much but you seem to enjoy it whenever I cooked it.”

I just gawked at her in disbelief. Is her head that thick? She’s already tried this before and I didn’t want it. “I thought you said you were going to give me some space but here you are. Did you think I was kidding yesterday? She shakily takes a step back.

“I know what I said yesterday but after seeing you my heart couldn’t stand the thought of not seeing you today. I… I must see you at least once a day even it’s just for one minute. I want to know you’re safe and sound.”

“I really didn’t want to see you today Jihyo.” I groaned. “I know but I wanted to see you, she retorted. “Jihyo…” I’m gradually reaching my limit with her. “I know, I know. I’ll leave after this. Just please take this. I worry about you.”

“I’m a big girl Jihyo. I don’t need you to worry about me.” “I’ll always worry about you Mina. There’s nothing I can do to change that now. Though even if could I wouldn’t.” I feel a blush slither its way to my cheeks. Those piercing mocha brown eyes of hers have me fighting to seize my breath. I didn’t like it.

I took the box from her just, so she’ll stop staring at me like she wants nothing more than to kiss me. “I’ll eat it when I’m ready Jihyo.” As I was closing the door she suddenly stops the door from closing with the palm of her hand.

“I’ll be back tomorrow Mina.” I can’t believe what I’m hearing from her. “For what?”, I question. “So, I can give you your dinner of course.” She says it so naturally, like it’s not the strangest thing anyone could do.

“I don’t need you to cook my dinner for me Jihyo. I’m very capable of doing that on my own.” She steps closer to me and I’m immobilized. If it hadn’t been for the door in between us I’m not sure how far she would have gotten to me.

“I know you are Mina, but like I said before. I must see you at least once a day. If preparing meals for you is my only way of doing it then so be it.” I watch as her hand slowly itches its way towards my face. She probably would have succeeded if I hadn’t slapped her hand away at the last moment.

“How am I supposed to heal with you coming here daily Jihyo?” She looked conflicted, yet her eyes never left mine. “I know you still need your time and space but I’m selfish. I want you back in my arms. I want to hold you at night and wake up to that beautiful gummy smile of yours. I want to feel the joy and excitement again as I hear your keys at door. I want to be in your embrace again. I… want my happiness back.”

This is the only time today that I’ve seen her eyes shift downward. I have no doubt as to where they landed. “I want your…” She stops herself before she has a chance to finish. “I don’t know if it’s as difficult for you as is for me but I’m a pathetic mess without you. You can call me clingy if you wish but it has to be with you.”

It has to be with you… That’s the same thing I told her that night when we were both full of uncertainty. I’d never thought I’d see her, the Park Jihyo, being so vulnerable to anyone. What a rare sight indeed.

“I’ll let you go now Mina, so you can rest. I hope the dinner I made gives you strength and keeps you warm in my absence.” She looks into my eyes one last time before going back to her car.

Once the door was my legs gave out and I fell to the floor. Who would have ever thought such a simple interaction would have me shedding tears like I am. Maybe deep down some subconscious part of me missed her but I still wouldn’t bring myself to tell her that. I’m still hurting.

I couldn’t forget that it was her that caused it. It’s funny really, I hurt while I’m with her and I hurt when she’s away from me. What a cruel trick fate has played on me wouldn’t you say? I don’t know how I’m going to get through this. Why did I ever fall for someone like her?

 

 

True to her word she came back to me for the following two weeks. Always managing to prepare all my favorite dishes with some Japanese ones as well. I know she must have spent a great deal of time carefully making them. Even I have difficulty making some of them of the dishes.

She’s been so adamant with making sure I was doing well or if I needed anything. It’s kind of cute watching her from my window as she practices her speech. Who knew the famous Jihyo would have to practice what she’s going to say to me.

But even with all the practice in the world she still manages to trip over her words when our eyes meet. In one instance she completely forgot my name. It was quite amusing to say the least.

I spoke with Sana and she somehow convinced me to at least let her stay over. Against my better judgement I followed her advice. I’m not sure if I’ll regret this or not. Sana doesn’t have the best track record of ideas…

 

There’s the light knock on my door making me aware that she’s at the threshold of my home once again. You would think as many times as she’s came to my door we’d be used to seeing each other like this but unfortunately, we’re not. We still stiffen whenever one of us smiles at another.

“Hi… hi how are you today Mina?” She always asks me that and I always answer with the same answer. “I’m doing well Jihyo.” We stand here locking eyes with one another before she speaks again. “I bought you dinner again.” I have to release an amused laugh.

“I see that.” The corners of my lips pull upwards when she realizes what she’s said. “I… I made something new for you. It’s a Chinese recipe I’ve been meaning to try out. I followed all the instructions on how to make it but I’m not sure if it’s any good.”

“So, you came over here just, so I could be your guinea pig Jihyo?” The horrified look she gave made me burst out in laughter. “I’m only kidding Jihyo.” She heaved a sigh of relief.

“Before you try it there’s something I… umm… I wanted to give you.” From behind her back she presents me with five roses. “They… they’re beautiful.” I whisper, but it’s not the roses that caught my attention. It’s her hands.

“What happened to your hands Jihyo?” I quickly took the flowers from her and laid them on a nearby table. Carefully I laid her hands in mine. They both had tiny scratch marks all over them.

“How did you ever manage to do this to yourself?” Now I’m very worried about her and I don’t like to worry. I’ve had enough of that these past weeks.

“I handpicked the roses for you.” I don’t know whether I should be upset or happy. But I know one thing it hurts to see her hands like that because of me. “You didn’t have to hurt yourself for flowers Jihyo.” I try to handle her hands as gently as I could. The more I viewed them the more scrapes I saw. Just how hard was she pulling at them?

“It’s okay Mina. The marks look worse than they feel. Besides I know the scars I left on your heart must hurt far worse than my hands.” An ache shoots throughout my body. A selfless act such as this deserves an equal amount of comfort.

“Come in Jihyo. I need to care for your wounds.” I try to walk with her into the house, but she stops just before she reached the front door. “It’s really okay Mina. I don’t want to impose on you.” She’s being quite the comedian today.

“In case you haven’t noticed you’ve been imposing for the past two weeks.” A blush forms across her face. “Yes, but this is the first time you’ve allowed me on the inside.”

“Actually, I was going to ask if you wanted to stay for a bit today.” It was almost instantaneous that she got this wide grin on her face. “Re... really?” I nodded my head. “I guess sneaking into my neighbors rose garden was a great idea after all.”

“Jihyo you didn’t?” I exclaimed. “Well in my defense I wasn’t the only one. Sana helped me.” “She did what?” I can’t believe what I’m hearing. “Why would you ever listen to one of her plans?”

A small smile adored her face. “Well if I hadn’t done what I did, then I wouldn’t have your hands in mine, now would I?” I look down at our hands and she’s right.

I’ve almost forgotten how it feels to have her hand in mine. To hide my reddening face, I quickly pulled her inside. “Just sit down on the couch and I’ll get the supplies.” “Okay thank you Mina.”

It didn’t take me long to find the first aid kit. “Ouch.” she hisses as she drew back away from my touch. “Sorry Jihyo but I have to make sure I disinfect your wounds.” “I understand it just stings a little.” No matter how I was feeling I don’t like the idea of her being in pain.

So, to lessen the medicine’s effect, I gently blew a stream of warm breath on every cut I could find. “That feels really nice Mina. Thank you for being so gentle with me.”

I blush at her compliment. It didn’t take me long to bandage her hand. Still after I was done I had a more difficult time than I’d like to admit, letting her hand go.

“What shall we do now Mina?” It was silent for a moment. I really didn’t think this through when I invited her in. Should we have a serious talk about us or do we sit in silence? I honestly didn’t know what to do at that point. I think she must have scensed the dilemma going on within me. “Can we watch TV until it’s time for me to leave Mina?” “Oh well… yes of course we can.”

And that’s what we did though she was on one side of the couch and I on the other. We made small talk with each other. It was kind of nice having someone here. I may have a small home but even it can get lonely.

It’s hard to eyes my eyes directly on the TV. I find them wondering over to her figure from time to time. I blush like an idiot every time she catches me staring.

Amazing after all this time she’s still so finetuned to what I’m feeling, even if I don’t say anything at all.

“Well Mina, I think it’s time for me to take my leave now.” “What, why?” How foolish of me, that was meant to be left inside my head. That infectious smile of hers returned to her face.

“Don’t worry Mina like always I’ll return to you tomorrow. You know how I can’t stay away from you.” God is this how she felt when I said all those cringey things to her? I think I’m going to have to have a little talk with myself.

“Stay safe Mina. There’s a snowstorm approaching. If you need anything, please let me know, okay?  “I umm... Okay I will.” Part of me wants to ask her to stay so we can talk more. I’ve grown weary of this constant back and forth between us.

I’m pulled out of my thoughts when she lightly embraces my hand.

“Thank you for the treatment today. My hands aren’t hurting anyone.” I’ve forgotten how warm her hands are or how they seamlessly fit together with mine. “It’s no problem Jihyo, but please don’t do anything like this again. I don’t like to see you in pain.”

She only stares at me for what seems like an eternity. “If you will bless me with that beautiful smile of yours, then you have my promise.” Yeah, I’ve definitely rubbed off on her.

Nonetheless, I give her what she desires. “Goodnight Mina.” she says as she gives my hand a small kiss. One more smile and she walks out the door.

How could a simple kiss make my heart flutter so much? Does she still have that much power over me? I think it’s time we both sat down and have a long talk with each other.

 

It’s been a few days since the rose incident and I haven’t heard from her. Not that I’m worried or anything. I mean we see each other at work but even then, it’s just for a quick hello or have a good day. She hasn’t been back to my house like she said she would. Not that I miss having her visit me every day or anything... right?

It’s after work and I’m finally settling down at home. I don’t know why I’m anxious so suddenly. It’s not like I’m waiting for a certain brown eyed girl to show up knocking at my door. Or that I’m waiting to be served a home cooked meal…

 Looking at my window it’s surprising how quickly the weather has changed. It was a bit chilly yesterday but today it’s downright freezing. Jihyo said there would be snow sometime soon and it’s looking like today will be the day.

I hope she’s at home safe. Maybe I should call her to be sure. As swift as the thought entered my mind my fingers were fast at work. It ringed several times but still no answer.

She couldn’t possibly be still at work. Not when she’s the one that told me to only go out unless I absolutely needed to. Since calling didn’t work I decided to send a quick text.

 

Mina: Are you home?

 

It felt like forever before she replied.

 

Jihyo: No, I’m still at the office.

 

She’s still at work? What on earth is she thinking? I take a quick glance out my window again and I see the first of many snowflakes hit the ground.

 

Mina: You need to get home. It’s starting to snow.

 

Jihyo: I will I promise in about an hour and a half. I still have things to finish up.

 

Really is work more important than her safety?

 

Mina: You need to be at home, so you’ll be safe. It’ll be dangerous to drive on these roads.

 

Jihyo: Is that what you want?

 

Mina: I want you to be safe. So please leave now or else I’ll worry myself to death.

 

It was three agonizing minutes before she replied.

 

Jihyo: I’m on my way to my car now. I’ll be home in fifteen minutes.

 

Mina: Good but please be safe and drive slowly.

 

Jihyo: Of course, I will. Anything for you.

 

Mina: Then get home safely and call me when you do.

 

Jihyo: Yes, my lady I will.

 

Even her text messages make me blush.

 

More than twenty minutes have passed, and she still hasn’t called or text me. I’m beginning to be concerned now. It’s not like her to not call me and let me know where she is.

I was just about to call her when I heard a knock at my door. Now who could that be? I thought to myself. Who in their right mind would be foolish enough to be out in this kind of weather?

I opened the door and too say I was surprised would be an understatement. “Jihyo what are you doing here?” She instinctively steps through the door. “You told me to go home so, I’m here. You… you’re my home Mina.”