Good Morning, Sir - #37

EUNHAE BONFIRE FEST 2017
Please log in to read the full chapter
Title: Good Morning, Sir Author: [Anonymous] Prompt #: #37

“your child is the number one trouble maker in my class so i called you in for a conference and oh you’re hot” au

Not to include in the final work: N/A

Prompt given by: [Anonymous] Word Count: 5352 Rating: PG-13 Author’s/Artist’s Notes: This was really fun to work on. I probably could have wrote about this universe forever. I'm a total er for Eunhae as Dads.   Summary: The story of a teacher, a trouble maker and one hot waiter.  

 

 

“Good Morning, Sir.”

 

Lee Hyukjae peered up from the mock test papers he was marking to see who was disturbing his peace. It was lunchtime and he was missing out on the cafeteria’s ‘Friday special’ of kimbap, to finish some last minute grading. Instead of meeting eyes with a student he was met by the unusually exhausted looking Sungmin in his doorway. Lee Sungmin- the head of Science at Daewon High School was a sweet and kind teacher and many of the students loved him. Even though once, a few years back at the school festival, he challenged Kim Youngwoon- the stocky Physical Education teacher, to a battle of some sorts in martial arts. Poor Youngwoon ended up in the nurse’s office with a broom induced bruise on his forehead. However, he did end up hooking up with Nurse Taeyeon. So Hyukjae and all the rest of the staff wouldn’t really call it a bad day’s work. Really, he should be thanking him.

 

“I’m sorry to trouble you, Hyukjae. I know you must be busy with all the upcoming exams, but I have Lee Taemin outside to see you.”

 

Hyukjae glanced at his watch to see he only had twenty minutes before all his students would flood in and he would have to teach them the glorious wonder that is- the subject of Math.

 

I’m sure they would all enjoy that. He thought with a mental roll of his eyes. But even that would be more fun that dealing with Lee ‘Spawn of the Devil’ Taemin.

 

“What did he do this time? Chewing gum in class? Spit balls to the back of Mr Shin’s head again?” Hyukjae sighed, running a hand through his hair but still not glancing away from the papers he was marking.

 

He was starting to become tired of the trivial reasons some of the faculty would send Lee Taemin to his office. There were only so many times he could cope with a red-in-the-face Mr Shin, screaming about how the teenager had put thumb tacks on his chair. Or how he was sure that the student was plotting to TP his house; Hyukjae was sure that man was mere seconds away from a breakdown.

 

“I caught him graffiting a part of the male anatomy onto the science block.”

 

Well that was unexpected.

 

Hyukjae groaned before standing, mentally wishing he didn’t spend last night watching dramas in his underwear and eating his body weight in Cheez-its. Otherwise, he’d have been done with these papers and be in the cafeteria. Far away from his classroom and far, far away from menial teaching responsibilities; at least until he was full of kimbap anyway.

 

As head of year for the sixteen year olds, he was first port of call for all their problems and ever since Lee Taemin has joined his year a mere three months ago, his workload had increased tenfold. He was sure he was even going a little grey…

 

Maybe other men are into those mature grey types. Like George Clooney. The thought crosses his mind and he tries not to chuckle, not wanting to startle Sungmin, who was waiting patiently at the door.

 

“You had better send him in.”

 

The scuffing of shoes on tile was the first indication of the juvenile’s entrance, shortly followed by the ‘swoosh’ of a door attemptedly slammed and thudding against Mr Sungmin- having repelled it with his torso and not looking entirely pleased by it. Taemin makes no effort to apologise nor recognise the interaction- just giving Hyukjae an ‘I could be in so many other places right now’ expression, his chin tilted slightly outwards in rebellion, slouching on the back of the chair.

 

Hyukjae raises his brows and tuts, gesturing a hand outwards toward the chair in front of the desk, his face giving nothing away.

 

“Please, take a seat, Taemin.” Even though Hyukjae’s words were laced with sarcasm, it didn’t seem to have much effect on the teen.

 

In his twenty-six years of life, he had never met anyone quite like Lee Taemin. Some would say he had a face of an angel and that it was certainly impossible that he could ever cause any kind of trouble. But all the teachers at Daewon High knew otherwise, all of them having at least one ‘prank’ played on them by him.

 

Pranks, Hyukjae could deal with, with a few detentions and some extra cleaning after class. Vandalism on the other hand, he thought he should handle this firmly once and for all.

 

“I’m going to have to call your parents in to talk about this.”

 

“Parent. And, good luck with that…” He mumbled, not even looking up from his shoes that he suddenly found such newfound fascination in.

 

Hyukjae leans back in his seat, lacing his fingers together on his knee as he crosses one leg over the other. He frowns a little, not missing the tone in Taemin’s voice.

 

“Is there any reason why that would be difficult, Mr Lee?” He attempts to catch Taemin’s eye, sensing that under all the attitude, there was a vulnerability that he couldn’t ignore, even if he made a valiant effort to hide it.

 

Taemin lifted his head up for a fraction of a second, before settling his gaze on the corner of the room.

 

“He’s busy.” He pauses for a moment, looking slightly sullen. “He’s always busy.”

 

There is a slight tugging, a pang in his chest at that- the way the boy said little but so much all at once.

 

He’s lonely.

 

“I see… Well, there’s a personal mobile I can call…” He tilts his head to his computer screen and searches the student files.

 

Taemin shrugged his shoulders whilst continuing to fidget with his hands. Heaving out a sigh, Hyukjae began tapping the number on the file from his desk phone before once again looking over at the teen. It was obvious he was uncomfortable with the situation and he wondered what could have possibly been going through the boy's head at that moment.

 

His thoughts were interrupted by a slightly agitated ‘Hello?’ coming through the earpiece.

 

“Ah, hello. Is this Mr. Lee?” He’s greeted by a tired voice coming through, laced between the clattering of plates and the frequent shouts for refills.

 

“Erm, yeah. Who is this?”

 

“Oh, I apologise. I’m Lee Hyukjae and Taemin's year leader. I’m afraid that Taemin has found himself in some trouble and I was wondering if you could-”

 

“Whats happened? Is he okay? Is he hurt? I-” There was some more ruffling on the line. “Hani! Can you please watch over my tables I need to go right now. I’m on my way!”

 

He looked in confusion at the phone in his hand when he was met with the steady beep of the dead line.

 

“Well, it seems your father is a bit worried and is on his way.” He chuckled sheepishly. With Taemin’s reaction earlier, he honestly wasn't expecting such an intense reaction from the father.

 

“What? How?” His eyes were wide and Hyukjae swore he could see something behind them.

 

Fear? Worry?

 

“Taemin, can you please explain why that seems such a crazy idea?”

 

That seemed to fuel the confusion on the boy’s face. “I don’t-”

 

The phone on his desk started to ring, effectively cutting off what Taemin was going to say. He leaned to answer the phone but not taking his eyes off his student. There was something not sitting right in his stomach about this situation. After giving a short greeting to the caller he was met by the voice of the school receptionist

 

“Hyukjae, I have a Mr. Lee here for you. He seems a bit out of breath, should I send him in?”

 

“If you could please, Miss Hwang.”

 

There’s a slight hum of the intercom cutting off and a muted voice from the waiting room before the handle tugs sharply and a gust of air is pushed into the room at the force the door is opened.

 

He was never the kind of person to believe in love at first sight. It was too far fetched and, as Sungmin would say ‘scientifically improbable’. But then again he’s the man who married his childhood sweetheart, so he could shut his baby face. And right now, science could shut its damn face too because he was well and truly in love.

 

Sweaty palms. Heart beating fast. .

 

Taemin's father was truly a remarkable sight and when the short, tan brunette leaned slightly to hug his teenage son, he found himself shamelessly checking him out. It was only when a voice said his name that he broke out of his thoughts.

 

“Mr. Lee, I’m so sorry, I got here as fast as I could.”

 

“It’s- Yes, it's quite alright, Mr. Lee.” He cursed mentally at himself. Never in his life had he become such a stuttering mess in front of anyone before. Not even on his first day teaching. Not even when Kim Jongin’s parents called him ‘an incompetent ’. Well, it wasn't his fault that their son decided to eat so much glue that his mouth got stuck shut. He thought teaching teens would prevent childish events like that, but apparently not...

 

“Please, call me Donghae. What is the-” Donghae finally removed himself from his son who was now sporting seriously flat hair from all the smothering that had just occurred and turned to meet the gaze of Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae swore that if his life had been a movie, there would have been a full firework montage, doves flying through the air to a soundtrack of angels singing. In reality, he just forgot how his mouth worked.

 

It wasn't until Donghae coughed and went back to grilling his son for information that he realised what he was doing. He scolded himself for letting his mind get carried away, because it certainly wasn't the time to be checking out a parent's . No matter how nice it was.

 

Damn.

 

“M-Mr. Lee? Is everything okay? What happened?” Donghae sounded a little more than distraught and it was then he realised that Taemin's father had no idea how much trouble his son caused on a daily basis.

 

He decided to go easy on the guy and tell him straight. "I found Mr. Lee practising his artistic work and the placement of which was unsuitable for such subject matter. It turns out the science department weren't too favourable of a new phallic addition to the periodic table..."

 

Donghae looked startled for a moment before his gaze turned stern. “Lee Taemin, I thought I raised you better than this. Why would you do something so dumb?”

 

To say Taemin looked uncomfortable would be an understatement. The kid was practically squirming in his seat under his father's scrutinizing stare.

 

“Lee Taemin, this would be a great time to explain yourself. This is so unlike you!” Donghae almost whispered and Hyukjae wasn't sure if the guy was one hair away from crying or screaming- the way the teen wouldn't look him in the eye probably just made it worse.

 

“Jiyong said he would give me 10,000 won if i did it.”

 

And with that simple sentence, it was Donghae's turn to look guilty before he looked at Hyukjae, dejected as if he was asking for him to do something. Anything.

 

He sighed. “Detention for a week simply for making your father worried and you can stay after school today cleaning that wall, okay? Now go back to your class and I swear Lee Taemin, no more stupid stuff.”

 

The teen nodded rapidly, obviously glad that this whole ordeal seemed to be over and done with and that he could finally be free from his father's sad gaze. He bowed ninety degrees at his teacher, mumbled a ‘Yes, sir.’ and scurried towards the door.

 

Before the door closed fully, Donghae seemed to finally get his emotions in order. “Bye, sweetheart! We’ll talk about a punishment when I get home.”

 

The grumbling about ‘not being a kid anymore’ that could be heard over the latch clicking almost made Hyukjae lose his professional composure, but the smile that graced the man in front of him also almost made him lose his mind. That, paired with the realisation of the fact he was now alone with probably the hottest man he had ever laid eye on, Hyukjae swore even his eyelashes were sweating nervously.

 

“Mr. Lee, I’m so s

Please log in to read the full chapter