two.

Breathless

The sun almost sets, sending its warm orange color filled the sky with some clouds randomly scattered in it. The school’s building was almost empty, except for some students who received detention, student councils, or even some who wanted to study in silence.

Jihyun kicked her shoe in boredom while waiting in the middle of the empty hall. The warm color penetrated the window, giving Jihyun a little company she wouldn’t notice. She was waiting for her friend who got a detention to go to the hakwon together.

It would be a little lonely if Jihyun go all by herself. She was accustomed in being alone, but having someone to company her won’t hurt. Pop music could be heard lowly from the earphones she was wearing, keeping her company.

She watched as people walked past her occasionally, having no other things to do. Her lips hummed the song in a small whisper while her fingers played with a pencil, twisting it, rotating it. She hummed the song ‘Whistle’ by Blackpink and bobbed her head a bit.

Just then her pencil fell down.

She looked down to her fallen pencil and bent down to retrieve the small pencil. Just when she had grabbed her pencil, a body collided with her, sending her unstable and almost fall down if not for her quick reflexes.

Jihyun grabbed the door frame near her and steadied herself. With a deep sigh she straightened herself, and once again got face to face with the perfection. She almost raised an eyebrow at him, but he quickly bowed apologetically.

“I’m so sorry, sunbae. I’m sorry,” he bowed again and again.

“It’s okay, you should stop” Jihyun gestured for him to stop bowing. Eunwoo stopped bowing and stared at her. “Are you okay?” he asked with regret filled his eyes.

She felt weird and shook her head. “I’m okay”

Eunwoo bowed once again before going back to where he was going. Jihyun combed her hair with her fingers and once again played with her pencil.

The door flew open and her friend hugged her immediately. “Jihyun! I’m so sorry to keep you waiting! Now let’s go!” she pulled Jihyun by the arm and went towards the gates.

“Oh, what’s that on your blazer?” Her friend pointed towards her blazer’s arm. She frowned upon finding some glitters. Her fingers poked the glitter a bit and examined it.

“I don’t know” Jihyun shrugged it off with a curious frown. She then looked back to the front, remembering when she got the same glitters on her hair at the first day of school.

***

Pop music blasted from Jihyun’s earphones as she walked down the empty streets. She was just finished with her hakwon at 9 pm. The streets were empty with small shops lighted up her way, along with the street lamps.

Her loud music disallow her to hear anything aside from itself. With hands inside her blazer’s pocket, she didn’t care about her surroundings. Jihyun walked past small alleys with dim lights, or with no light illuminated it.

It was a careless act at that kind of hour, she didn’t hear the sound of a batch of footsteps followed after her. She was so into her music, she didn’t even feel the tension got thickened.

Eunwoo walked out from a small mart holding a small plastic bag filled with various kinds of snacks to accompany him study that night. He drank the orange juice he just bought and scanned his surroundings.

Just then, he saw Jihyun walked at the street across from him—followed by a group of boys, a drunken one, he must add. A frown was made on his face as he watched her walked carelessly without noticing the group who followed her.

Eunwoo quickly threw his orange juice’s bottle at the nearest bin and walked across the street, watching over the bunch of drunk boys. They were saying inappropriate things about Jihyun and that irritated him.

“What a careless girl..” he muttered with a slight frown.

When one of the boys was about to tap on her shoulder, another hand tapped his shoulder. He turned around and was greeted with a punch on the face. Staggered, the boy fell on the concrete with a surprised look.

“What the hell?” he yelled, looking angrily at Eunwoo who punched him. The boy quickly got up and casted a blow towards Eunwoo, which he dodged perfectly before throwing another blow at the boy’s abdomen, earning a painful cough from the latter.

His friends growled angrily and began to throw punches towards Eunwoo. He perfectly dodged all of it, even directed one of it to hit one of his comrades. Despite how much punches the boys casted towards Eunwoo, he somehow managed to dodge it and hit them with much force.

Knowing they were losing, they decided to run away from Eunwoo—not without giving Eunwoo a disgusted glare.

Eunwoo effortlessly got up on his feet and dusted his pants before picking up his forgotten plastic bag. A puff of air went out from as he breathed out, watching as Jihyun walked further away without noticing what had happened behind her back.

He breathed out once again before walking to the opposite direction.


A/N : chapter two is up! It was supposed to be at new year, but I was going to places and didn't have a chance to post this. Happy new year! Thank you for reading this and those who subscribes to my story, thank you very much! I hope you like this one ^^ Oh, I slightly changed the foreword and the description hehe ^^

I found this post about Eunwoo and feel free to check it here.

Have a nice day~

"to the small and beautiful you, I have something to say"