Final

Flirting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon thinks that if she doesn’t do anything that asks for attention in the world, the world won’t do anything bad to her.

 

She doesn’t realise how terribly incorrect she is until a girl plops down beside her and stares at her concentrated face instead of her own textbook that is open in front of her.

 

“Hi,” The girl says, flashing Taeyeon a bright smile when she turns to face her. Taeyeon recognises the girl from her chemistry class; she’s one of those people who sits at the back and hopes the teacher doesn’t notice them dozing off…Jessica Jung was her name, if she remembered correctly. She nods at the student and glances down at her notes, noticing that she’s answered a question incorrectly. She reaches for her eraser when a hand covers her own and she’s forced to look up at the girl beside her.

 

“You have a bright smile,” Jessica says. Taeyeon just awkwardly nods and returns her attention to the notes in front of her. She manages to pry the eraser from the girl’s fingers and begins to remove her answer.

 

“It lightens up my world,” She continues, internally smirking when Taeyeon drops the rubber from her hands out of surprise. Jessica tries to stifle her giggle when the other girl’s face reddens until it becomes a deep crimson colour. She reaches forwards and pats the girl’s arm before standing up from her seat and sauntering out of the library.

 

Taeyeon prays that she won’t encounter that Jung girl again.

 

 

 

When Taeyeon stuffs her notebooks into her locker and closes it, she jumps when she registers the person leaning against the locker beside hers.

 

“Hi,” Jessica says, grinning widely at her. Taeyeon takes a few steps backwards and nods her head in greeting. She then turns her feet to walk in the other direction down the hallway, but before she can even lift a leg a hand wraps around her right elbow and pulls her backwards. Her eyes widen when she comes face to face with the blonde-haired girl.

 

“I like it when your eyes are twinkling,” Jessica comments, her smile turning into a smirk.

 

Taeyeon tries hard not to stare at the corners of the blonde girl’s lips.

 

“It means that you have stars in your eyes, but you’re the brightest star in my world,” Jessica continues, letting go of Taeyeon’s elbow and leaving her standing alone by her locker.

 

Jessica just misses Taeyeon blushing profusely and fanning her face from the compliment.

 

 

 

When Taeyeon removes her blouse and hangs it on the hook in exchange for her sports shirt, she almost screams in terror when she notices Jessica staring at her through the mirror reflection. She instantly covers herself up with her sports shirt and turns to face the girl.

 

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon squeaks. Jessica remains unfazed and continues to maintain the smug grin on her face.

 

“I figured that pictures only give a certain perspective and a still moment of the event that occurred so I wanted to see you in person whilst time goes by,” Jessica answers, standing up from the bench she was seated on and reaching forwards to readjust Taeyeon’s sport shirt. She tugs it to the side, allowing the shirt to center itself on the girl’s body, and then leans forward to pinch Taeyeon’s cheeks. The older girl tries not to give away her nervousness and surprise but it’s difficult when Jessica’s scent invades her surroundings and she tenses.

 

Jessica leans back and smirks devilishly at Taeyeon’s facial expression.

 

“I like it when you blush like that because it shows that you’re shy about my actions,” the girl comments, patting Taeyeon on the shoulder before turning around and walking out of the dressing rooms.

 

Taeyeon ends up being five minutes late to class, resulting in five laps around the school oval.

 

She gladly takes it up to be anywhere but with that flirty Jung girl.

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s frustrated at the chemistry problem in front of her and bites down on her index finger as she twirls the pen around her right hand. She’s about to raise her pen to the notepad to begin working on the question for the fifth time when she notices a figure seated in front of her. Taeyeon raises her head to face a smiling Jessica and she immediately diverts her gaze to the sheets of paper on the table.

 

“I wish you’d stop biting your lips and your fingers when you’re thinking about a problem,” Jessica comments, crossing her arms in front of her and placing her head on top of her arms. Taeyeon remains unfazed and fixates her gaze on the pen in her hand.

 

“Why?”

 

“I want to kiss your lips away.”

 

Jessica happily skips her way out of the library after she successfully makes Taeyeon drop the pen in surprise.

 

 

 

Taeyeon receives the shock of her life when she opens her locker and is immediately faced with a reflection of her face above the pile of school books in the locker.

 

“Where the hell did this come from?” Taeyeon asks, scanning her surroundings for anyone that appears suspicious. She reads the note stuck on the mirror and immediately flushes red. She turns her head back to face a certain figure leaning against her locker and the blush on her face only deepens when she realises that that particular person has been scrutinising her reaction.

 

Jessica walks up to Taeyeon and casually leans into her ear, whispering the exact words on the sticky note.

 

“In this mirror, you have set your eyes on who I think is the loveliest person in the world.”

 

Jessica strolls away and fails to see Taeyeon miming a fist to a face.

 

 

 

After a long period of studying, Taeyeon decides that it’s a good idea to take a stroll in the park. She stops for a moment when an object catches her eye and she reaches for her pockets to dig out her phone. She grasps the device in her hands and opens the camera, only to fumble for her phone when a hauntingly familiar voice rings through her ears.

 

“Are you taking a photo of me?” Jessica asks, materialising in front of the camera and startling Taeyeon to the point where she stumbles backwards a few steps in shock and clutches her chest out of terror.

 

“What? No! I wanted to take a photo of that monument,” Taeyeon replies, pointing towards the newly placed statue in the middle of the park.

 

“That’s a shame. I was going to say that you should always be with me so that you don’t have to look at photos of me when you miss me,” Jessica confidently states, removing Taeyeon’s phone from her fingers and positioning the device such that she takes a selfie of herself, and then one with the both of them together in the frame. She manages to capture the older girl’s surprised expression and sends both photos to her own phone, not forgetting to add her phone number to Taeyeon’s contact list and changing Taeyeon’s lockscreen and wallpaper.

 

When she hands the phone back to its owner and informs her that she’s changed the phone’s wallpaper and lockscreen to the picture of the two of them and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter