Kwon Jiyong

Her Oppas

 " Anybody wants to answer this? "

 

 Like a reflex, a guy raised his hand. Other students in class just snickered at him, knowing well who he is. He pushed his glasses so it wouldn't fall and wandered his eyes around the class nervously before he stammered the answer.

 

 " Good job, Mr. Kwon. As always, from my favourite student. " Mrs. Lee said and smiled warmly at the guy. The guy sat down and smiled sheepishly at the compliment. " Freak. " the guy beside him muttered, eventhough he heard it clearly. He just cowered and focused on his note.

 

 A few minutes later, the bell rang, signing that school was over. The guy stay seated on his chair and waited until the whole class was empty.

 

 " Jiyong-ssi. "

 

 Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

 

 Before he turned around, he fixed his glasses and gulped. " N-nae? " he turned around and he swore he almost saw sparkles and fireworks and flowers. " Urm, if you don't mind. Could you teach me the sub-topic Mrs. Lee was teaching us? I don't really understand this part. " the girl squatted beside his table and showed him the part that she was clueless about.

 

 " Oh, urm, okay. " he cautiously took his pen and taught the girl on how to solve the problem. After he ended, he could saw the girl's face was lit up. " Thank you, Jiyong. You're a lifesaver. " she patted his shoulder. " No problem, T-taeyeon-ssi." he blushed. Before she turned around, she held out her hand. 

 

 " You can just call me Taeyeon." Jiyong gaped as his face turned a shade redder than before. " Nae." he shook her hand. " So, can I call you Jiyong? " he nodded, almost eagerly. Taeyeon just chuckled and waved goodbye at him as she ran out of the empty classroom.

 

 He was still gaping on his seat when someone knocked on the door. " I saw that. " he saw his nerdy bestie at the front door of the class. " Jin? How long have you been there? " he hastily packed his things and went to Jin. " You lucky thing. Thank god that your crush is nice or else you will never have a chance like that. "

 

 Jiyong smiled sheepishly and blushed slightly.

 

 These two geeks have been bestfriends since they were in kindergarten. They are like the weird geek in the movie that always move awkwardly, talk awkwardly and do almost everything awkwardly. Their eyes always roam everywhere except at people whenever asked to speak. Except they didn't babble about stuffs like Science or Star Wars. Maybe a little bit of Star Wars but no Science.

 

 " Hey, ahjussi said that choco pop has been renewed. " Jin said and stopped on his track when Jiyong stopped. He smiled, knowing what Jiyong's reaction will be. " What are you waiting for? Let's go! " he grabbed Jin by arm and they ran down the hill to their favourite 7 - Eleven nearby their houses.

 

 " Ahjussi! " Jiyong shouted as soon as he opened the door. " Oh, Jiyong - ah! " ahjussi shouted and waved at them. " Choco pop? " Jiyong asked.

 

 Ahjussi looked at him guiltily and pointed at the choco pop stand. A guy wearing sunglasses and leopard print fur on his neck took the choco pop from the stand. " Excuse me, but we have our eyes on that first. " Jin said that made the guy scoffed and took off his glasses. " Yah, I took it first. Back off. " he glared at Jin. Jiyong cowered and tugged Jin's sleeves. 

 

 " Maybe it's better if we give the choco pop to this mister. " Jiyong said and Jin glared at him harder. " Hear you friend, kid. " the guy scoffed and walked pass them. " But you're giving it for your little sister, right? You promised her. Or else she's going to do stupid things again. " Jin argued with Jiyong. The man stopped short on his track and glanced over at his choco pop.

 

 ' Nah. '

 

 Then, he went out.

 

--------------------

 

 " Oppa! Where's my choco pop? "

 

 Jiyong gulped at the question. " I'm sorry Mina - ah. It's sold out. " Mina stared at him for awhile and as seconds passed by, her eyes got teary. Without any word, she ran toward her room and bursted in tears. " Jiyong oppa doesn't love me! "

 

 The little girl shouted, making Jiyong sighed and he softly knocked on the door. " Mina - ah, I promise I'll buy you something. Don't be like this. " that made the girl cried louder than ever. " Jiyong - ah, you've done the best for her. Just go take a bath and rest for awhile. I'll call you when dinner is ready. " Dami, his sister said and he smiled at her. " Thanks noona. "

 

 He looked over at an old couch and smiled bitterly. It was already night. Yet, his father was out, rarely ever came back home. Now, their source of money is Kwon Dami. The eldest sibling. Jiyong put his back on a chair and sat on the seat beside it. " You know, I could help you by working part - time. " Jiyong said and glanced at the back of his sister that was cooking dinner.

 

 She chuckled.

 

 " Yah, just focus on your study. You need to beat that Kim Taeyeon girl and get the first place. " she chuckled. " But, I doubt you want to see your princess'  sad face of not getting the first place, right? "

 

 Jiyong slightly blushed. " Whatever noona. I'll go take a bath first. " Dami chuckled and shouted a 'yeah'. 

 

 Jiyong threw his bagpack on the floor beside his bed and laid on his bed.

 

 " Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon. " he muttered and smiled slightly.

 

 -----------------

 

 A/N : Don't ask me why I made Jin as Jiyong's friend. Maybe because nerdy Jiyong suits together with him??