Only During Thunderstorms

Only During Thunderstorms
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irene wakes to the sound of thunder.

 

They had a long day – practice in the morning and TV recording in the afternoon. Irene’s glad that they ordered take-away before going home and ate together at their dorm. She wanted to spend time with her little Red Velvet family away from cameras for once. Plus, she’s still bothered that Seulgi seems to be avoiding her these days.

 

Wendy invited them all to join her on the couch to watch her favorite TV drama. Seulgi stands up just before Irene was about to talk to her.

 

At first, Irene thought that Seulgi was just tired from comeback preparations. However, she’s still as bubbly and energetic during practice, even perfecting the routines in just a few minutes. Not to mention, she’s interacting with the other members normally - all the other members but Irene. Just as she thinks this, Seulgi is giving Joy a back massage. But a slight touch of the back of Irene’s hand against Seulgi’s makes the latter move away from her.

 

As they took turns preparing for bed, Yeri fell asleep on the couch. Irene brought out her favorite blanket and covered the sleeping Yeri before going back to their room to sleep. All the other girls are back in their room. She’ll deal with Seulgi tomorrow.

 

Irene glances at the clock. 2:00 AM. Thunder roars again and she hides under the sheets.

 

What do I do, she mutters to herself. She hates thunders. When they were trainees, she used to climb up to Seulgi’s bed. Can she do that now when Seulgi seems to be ignoring her?

 

She flinches as she sees the fast lightning through the window and she burrows closer to her pillow. She considers calling Seulgi, but the girl’s definitely sleeping by now.

 

A loud roaring s

Please log in to read the full chapter