Fin.

A Perfect Sky

It was a quiet evening in mid-December; a strange moment for that time of the year. People should be up and about to work on decorating their homes with Christmas lights, bustling their way over to shopping malls to purchase various holiday items such as Christmas trees, food, and presents.

That was what both Moon Byulyi and Kim Yongsun didn’t do. Instead, they stayed in their shared apartment and enjoyed spending their time together. They didn’t need to go through all those things to celebrate Christmas when they have their own mini Christmas tree displayed at a corner of their living room. They also didn’t need to host a massive Christmas party either since they only celebrate it with their close friends and family.

And certainly, they didn’t plan to go outside on a cold December weather anytime soon. Who in the right mind would go out and about at night anyways?

Two years ago, Byulyi did.

Byulyi recalled her last break up with an old high school friend; how she would wind up bar hopping in local seedy bars, drinking as a drunken fool she turned out to be. Every night before she comes home from construction work, she would stop by a nearby bar to douse herself in alcohol; with full intentions to forget the feeling of being heartbroken.

That was until on that mid-December evening, a gentle yet firm hand stopped her from drinking any further.

“Hey, I think you had enough for tonight.”

“H-huh? Who are yooouu? Let go of meeee!”

“Oh, gosh, hey! Please don’t struggle! You’re drunk!”

Byulyi let out a quiet laugh as she remembered how they first met; her as a bar regular while Yongsun as a bartender. She vaguely remembered the actual sequences of her struggles with Yongsun over her nth bottle of soju and figured; she looked ridiculous.

It was safe to say, Byulyi probably embarrassed the hell out of her sunshine, although she didn’t know Yongsun would end up being hers at the time.

“Am I reaaaalllyy that drunk? Naaah I’m just getting started!”

“Moon Byulyi! I know exactly when you’re drunk and you already hit your limit!”

“Awwwwww okaaayyy. I usually don’t listen to anybody, but siiiiince you’re a pretty fool to tell me to stop, I’ll listen to youuuu~”

“Oh, my god. You’re insufferable.”

Another brief memory came in Byulyi’s mind as she dipped her head to gaze at Yongsun tenderly; watching her snuggle deeply into her chest while appearing to be in her deep slumber.

She sighed happily. Who would have thought someone so cute and adorable while being a responsible bartender ends up in the arms of a drunken fool?

Byulyi smirked at such thought. Only someone like her would be able to make such achievements.

She sighed quietly out of content and gently pulled Yongsun closer into her arms while another fragment of her memory came into mind.

“Unnie, you should get MoonByul home. She’s completely wasted.”

“Argh… Okay, you and Wheein are good with closing?”

“Yeah, yeah. Just get her home in one piece, yeba.”

“Hey! Don’t call me that!”

“Heeeyyy does that mean you only let me call you thaaat? You’re such a yeba, but only myyyyy yeba~”

“Oh, shut up! Let’s get you back home.”

Byulyi couldn’t help herself but grinned at that moment. She was fully aware of how obnoxious she gets when she was drunk. Usually she would get flirtatious with girls she considered as attractive; with alcohol, Byulyi would get extra flirtatious to the point where she would make a bold move on them, usually with initiating skinship and giving pecks on their cheeks.

A light blush crept into Byulyi’s cheeks. She never thought she would end up kissing Yongsun right on the lips on the same night.

“Okay. You’re finally home. You should get some sleep now.”

“Awwwww you’re leaving alreaadyy? You haven’t tuck me in yeeeet!”

“Oh, my god, what are you? Five?”

“Pleaaaaaase, yeba? I’ll be a gooood girl.”

“Oh, god… Alright, alright! Just stop being a weird drunk!”

“Hehe, thank youuuu~ Let me reward youuu~”

“Oh, yeah? Like wha— “

Byulyi memorized the feeling of Yongsun’s lips; warm, gentle, and soft. All she felt was having an angel embracing her whole being with open arms and wings under an ethereal, celestial, starry sky.

She was in heaven.

Well, it lasted for a short while until she remembered nothing about what happened afterwards.

At first, Byulyi thought she was dreaming. The drinking, being stopped by a beautiful bartender, dragged home with the said bartender, and kissed her; all within the same night.

Either she was living in a sweet dream, or a beautiful nightmare.

Byulyi knew she wasn’t living in a dream as she felt Yongsun’s arms wrapped around her neck and stirred slightly in her sleep. She vaguely heard a series of mumblings; words jumbled in nonsense with a pair of soft lips lightly vibrating against her bare neck.

It made her heart raced while a sense of warmth was spreading within her body.

Byulyi couldn’t help herself but remembered the morning after; how her Yongsun ended up staying overnight, woke up early to make breakfast for the two, and provide medicine to relieve her hangover.

“Hey, there… how are you feeling?”

“Nnn… terrible. I feel like I went through a trainwreck.”

“I can see that. Here, I made this beef intestine soup for you. It… helps with your hangover.”

“Oh, wow. You cooked this for me? Hehe… Thank you, beautiful.”

“God, how come you’re being so greasy so early, even after you kissed me?”

“Because I find you gorge—wait WHAT WE KISSED!? SINCE WHE—AUGHHH!”

“Byulyi! Please calm down!”

Good lord, Byulyi experienced one of the worst hangovers she ever endured in her adult life. The additional yelling from the shock didn’t help either. It took Yongsun a good few minutes for Byulyi to get her mind together from a double-split headache before she spoon-fed her with beef intestine soup.

Being spoon-fed by a pretty woman got Byulyi flustered, and it took a good half-hour before she finally finished with the bowl. Normally, Byulyi would have taken a good few pills of painkillers and a jug of water before she passed out in her bed. She got used to taking care of herself.

Although that time, Yongsun took her time to cook the soup; probably put her love and soul into making it since she claimed it was her favourite food.

It was fulfilling, and delicious.

“H-hey, thanks for feeding me. Sorry about earlier.”

“O-oh, you’re welcome… Sorry, too.”

“I-It’s okay… Y’know, I never got a chance to know your name. I…I don’t want to forget the name of the pretty woman I kissed. Hopefully, she’ll give me a chance to get to know her better.”

In that moment, Byulyi captured the most breathtaking smile she ever seen.

“I’m Kim Yongsun. I’m not sure if I see myself as pretty, but this woman here will give you a chance…a-as long you keep your eyes only on me, o-okay?”

…Oh, gosh.

Out of instincts, Byulyi gently shifted away from Yongsun just enough to lift her chin with her thumb. She then took a moment to engulf the peaceful, innocent image of Yongsun’s sleeping beauty before leaning in to kiss her plumped, parted lips.

In the moment, Byulyi felt she was surfing under the highest tidal wave in the Mediterranean Sea; under the warm rays of sunshine radiating towards her sensitive skin. At a distance, she heard the ocean tides clashing within each other; a sound she found it therapeutic to listen to.

As she rode out through the end of a tidal wave, ocean mist appeared from the sea below and clung onto her fair skin.

Byulyi would stay at a great distance from the oceanic water. Her sensitive skin wouldn’t afford to acquire rashes all over her body, and the experience would have been discomforting.

However, it felt soothing, soft; gentle to the touch.

An ocean breeze came and wrapped around Byulyi; whispered her name between the ears.

“Mmm… Byulyi…ah…”

A moan made Byulyi shivered back to reality as Yongsun wrapped her arms tightly around her; returning the kiss with fervour.

For goodness sake, Byulyi had no idea what she did in the past life to get to where she is now, with her beloved sunshine.

It didn't matter now. Moon Byulyi has found her perfect sky and it was no other than Kim Yongsun.


What did you guys think? Please leave a comment, I appreciate it ^^